Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I guess I just never minded editing on my computer. I like recapping the round, being as precise as I can moving the dots around a little bit, etc. I view that (and the charging that takes place right then) as a nice thing, not something I want to avoid.

But maybe I'll feel differently after I try it on my phone.

No I think you misunderstood me. I love firing up my computer and moving the shots and making it as precise as possible...but I hate having to plug in my unit and download it. I like when I start a round on my phone that I can just go online and the round has already been uploaded ready for me to edit. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

No I think you misunderstood me. I love firing up my computer and moving the shots and making it as precise as possible...but I hate having to plug in my unit and download it. I like when I start a round on my phone that I can just go online and the round has already been uploaded ready for me to edit. 

Fair enough, but… Why? :-) You plug it in, click twice, and check your email for 30 seconds until it's ready to edit. Which you enjoy doing anyway?

Anyway… I never minded it much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Funny they just sent me another email with another different promo code to buy the system..  I should buy both and then just put it on eBay for 200 and make a hundred dollars :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I got a second email saying they sold out the initial quantity, but I havent gotten a shipping notification yet. Im waiting to put my original unit in the classifieds section until my GAME Golf live shows up. I think $100 is a fair asking price for the old unit with tags. 

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

54 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

I got a second email saying they sold out the initial quantity, but I havent gotten a shipping notification yet. Im waiting to put my original unit in the classifieds section until my GAME Golf live shows up. I think $100 is a fair asking price for the old unit with tags. 

It's fair, but you might have a hard time finding takers at that price. It's $125 new on Amazon right now and has been on sale for sub-$100 recently, nevermind what it'll be with Black Friday coming up.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

30 minutes ago, dkolo said:

It's fair, but you might have a hard time finding takers at that price. It's $125 new on Amazon right now and has been on sale for sub-$100 recently, nevermind what it'll be with Black Friday coming up.

I didnt realize they were selling so low now. Ill throw it on eBay and see if I get any bids. If not I might have to part with it for $75 shipped!

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

I just saw this on there site, looks interesting but only works with andriod. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/products/en-us/tags?v=d199f4e

Seems almost like arccos? No unit just tags and your phone?

That's been out for about six months now (the Android version of the GAME Golf app supports it if the phone supports NFC), and the tags have been available for a long time as replacement tags. They're the same tags. They were $49 for awhile, in fact…

The LIVE belt units start shipping on about the 16th, IIRC. The 50% offer is only good through the 11th, though.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am such a fish. 

I haven't looked too deeply into this but did I just pay $150 for anything besides having the ability to upload my round from my phone?

Guess I'll try and sell my old unit on Ebay for $100 or what not.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
9 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I am such a fish. 

I haven't looked too deeply into this but did I just pay $150 for anything besides having the ability to upload my round from my phone?

Kinda. You can do live round stuff now too, plus you get a device that's a year or two newer with fresh batteries, etc.

But… yeah.

Oh, well, you also get a new set of tags. Though if you sell your old set, not really. :-)

On 11/9/2015, 11:04:04, iacas said:

That's been out for about six months now (the Android version of the GAME Golf app supports it if the phone supports NFC), and the tags have been available for a long time as replacement tags. They're the same tags. They were $49 for awhile, in fact…

This almost seems like a cheaper version of the live, as long as you have the phone to support it. The app is free, just pay for the tags, and you can see your shots and distance in real time and maybe even edit it on the phone?

• Administrator
Just now, Slowcelica said:

This almost seems like a cheaper version of the live, as long as you have the phone to support it. The app is free, just pay for the tags, and you can see your shots and distance in real time and maybe even edit it on the phone?

Yes, but again, you have to use your phone for the GPS and all that entails. And you have to have a phone that supports it.

And remember, the tags are about $100.

The usefulness of the live round editing wasnt immediately apparent to me.  But when i use game golf i usually keep score separately, either with another app or with paper, because theyre are often minor things like missed shots, penalties, double tags, etc that are easily missed.  Its not a big deal since i can usually remember  all my shots when i review my round afterwards.   But IF the live editing is quick and easy, I should be able to make those corrections on the fly and can ditch the secondary scoring.  Its not a game changer, but a nice feature.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

20 hours ago, dsc123 said:

The usefulness of the live round editing wasnt immediately apparent to me.  But when i use game golf i usually keep score separately, either with another app or with paper, because theyre are often minor things like missed shots, penalties, double tags, etc that are easily missed.  Its not a big deal since i can usually remember  all my shots when i review my round afterwards.   But IF the live editing is quick and easy, I should be able to make those corrections on the fly and can ditch the secondary scoring.  Its not a game changer, but a nice feature.

I do this as well, I keep score, and also track putts, gir, fairways hit, etc... on the scorecard mainly because I've had drives go in the middle of the fairway and in gamegolf they show up on on the cart path. So I to am hoping that I will no longer have to keep the score card anymore. 

One thing I would like to have added to GG is a way to tell how many chips per round I am making. I have recently started keeping those stats on my scorecard as well, and on average 45-55 strokes are from putts and chips for me.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎33‎, Slowcelica said:

I do this as well, I keep score, and also track putts, gir, fairways hit, etc... on the scorecard mainly because I've had drives go in the middle of the fairway and in gamegolf they show up on on the cart path. So I to am hoping that I will no longer have to keep the score card anymore. 

One thing I would like to have added to GG is a way to tell how many chips per round I am making. I have recently started keeping those stats on my scorecard as well, and on average 45-55 strokes are from putts and chips for me.

GIR pretty much does this already except for the odd multi chip holes due to a duff or whatever. Only time I use scorecards is when I am playing with someone else.

The live thing is neat for some I suppose but of all the things they could have updated this isn't high on my list. I can see with my eyes what I am currently doing on the course seeing it on my phone isn't going to do anything for me. Only seems necessary to compete with Arccos.

Dave :-)

Has anyone received a shipping notification for their GAME GOLF LIVE yet? I ordered mine on 10/26 and for some reason thought it would be shipping by 11/13. Who knows? It could be in my mailbox when I get home. 

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator

Not yet here.

Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!