IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, colin007 said:

i keep getting logged off sometimes when i navigate from one thread to another.  pretty annoying.

I don't think you actually get logged out, and that too is a cache issue from what others have said. @boogielicious had it happen to him for a day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

I don't think you actually get logged out, and that too is a cache issue from what others have said. @boogielicious had it happen to him for a day.

well, i get "logged out" to the extent that i have to log back in.  also, the little log in tab at the top of the page doesnt work for me, it has to take me to the full log in page before it "takes".

Colin P.

• Administrator

General Note:

BTW, it's relevant to note that though refreshing your cache is annoying (when JavaScript-heavy and font-heavy things change, it's often a necessary evil), and many will point out that "we haven't had to refresh our cache to get the site to work before…", to that I would point out that the last update Huddler did to the site was years ago, and when they were more frequent, people had similar issues and had to refresh caches, etc. then, too.

So refreshing the cache may be a pain, but it usually means that you're getting some cool new features. So that's good.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do we still get email notices of a reply? I haven't seen one in a long time and not sure if it is just a coincidence or something different on the site.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Do we still get email notices of a reply? I haven't seen one in a long time and not sure if it is just a coincidence or something different on the site.

You probably have to set it up.

http://thesandtrap.com/notifications/options/

To Everyone!

Please have a look at that page and customize your settings to suit your preferences: http://thesandtrap.com/notifications/options/.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

You probably have to set it up.

http://thesandtrap.com/notifications/options/

To Everyone!

Please have a look at that page and customize your settings to suit your preferences: http://thesandtrap.com/notifications/options/.

thanks. I'm doing that...

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah, sorry, all I can tell you is that something appears to be a bit goofy with your computer (or just the one browser). Some of those icons aren't even right. And the toolbar cuts down here (and doesn't go bigger/smaller/bigger/smaller as I move in one direction narrower or wider).

I tried someone else's MBP.  The same bigger/smaller/bigger/smaller change on that one, too, in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  Not a big problem, just odd--and I got curious (in part because I just got my MBP back from a repair from Apple; wanted to make sure it wasn't only my individual computer).

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

I tried someone else's MBP.  The same bigger/smaller/bigger/smaller change on that one, too, in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  Not a big problem, just odd--and I got curious (in part because I just got my MBP back from a repair from Apple; wanted to make sure it wasn't only my individual computer).

The caching it still off on your computer since the toolbar icons aren't correct.

• Administrator

To follow up on the toolbar icons, I had taken your post to mean that they were doing something like rapidly flashing back and forth or something. A bit of shuffling is normal, as you can see here, as the site resizes and moves things around to accommodate whatever browser width it's getting:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

To follow up on the toolbar icons, I had taken your post to mean that they were doing something like rapidly flashing back and forth or something. A bit of shuffling is normal, as you can see here, as the site resizes and moves things around to accommodate whatever browser width it's getting:

That's partly it (at the smaller size, when the window is less than half the screen or so).  But it doesn't explain why I don't get "all" of the buttons until I narrow the screen to a certain point. Full width:

1.thumb.png.80fd68c4a73c78be70884cefdef3

They don't show up until the empty white column at the right disappears:

12.thumb.png.9bb093c777af18293664f4941d4

Then some of them disappear again:

13.thumb.png.64f3e308e6840a429949a5041db

Until the stuff on the left side disappears:

16.thumb.png.86859348d4e2fbb05d928ee99a9

And then down again

17.thumb.png.4a3a27989156c9e28b0f951c166

Seems like that bar wants a lot of empty space on its right side.  As I said, knowing that, I can adjust right and left when I post (maybe sometime other than in this thread!) to get to see all of the buttons.  There are other real bugs to work out, I'm sure, so they should get the attention.  Thanks for the video, though.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

It makes sense. Look at the widths of the editors.

Why do I get “attach file” prompt as a default? And more importantly, how do I get rid of it? I can’t seem to simply delete the prompt. Must be a bug

Edited by mvmac
pdf

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

Why do I get “attach file” prompt as a default? And more importantly, how do I get rid of it? I can’t seem to simply delete the prompt. Must be a bug

It's the announcement at the top of the page.

http://thesandtrap.com/announcement/5-please-empty-your-browser-cache/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks guys. Now it works on my phone. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, GungaGalunga said:

There seems to be an issue / bug to go back and edit a post.  After I make a post, I cannot go back to edit.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Or maybe it's just my profile?

That's not a bug or an issue. You get an edit window measured in the minutes.

Members who have not yet advanced to "Established Member" status have nine (9) minutes to edit a post.

On 11/9/2015, 10:23:43, iacas said:

That's not a bug or an issue. You get an edit window measured in the minutes.

Members who have not yet advanced to "Established Member" status have nine (9) minutes to edit a post.

How many posts or time is needed to reach "Established Member" status?

Note: This thread is 2637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!