IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every time I click on the logo in the top left corner to bring me to the home page, it is now logging me out and making me log back in again. It shows the, "Existing User? Sign In" button where I should see notifications and such.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Every time I click on the logo in the top left corner to bring me to the home page, it is now logging me out and making me log back in again. It shows the, "Existing User? Sign In" button where I should see notifications and such.

I can't reproduce that here.

Clear your cache first, and try that. Then clear cookies and log in again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I can't reproduce that here.

Clear your cache first, and try that. Then clear cookies and log in again.

Odd thing was, it was clearing my cookies and cache (for a different reason) that started the aberrant behavior. It took me clearing it three more times, but after the third time it worked. Very odd.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Odd thing was, it was clearing my cookies and cache (for a different reason) that started the aberrant behavior. It took me clearing it three more times, but after the third time it worked. Very odd.

If you don't quit immediately after clearing your cookies and/or cache, you never know what was still resident in memory. Some browsers are weird about that stuff.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Reply box has even giving me issues on mobile lately. It wasn't giving the toolbar for a bit and now it is ridiculously laggy. I have already tried deleting my cache and restarted my phone.

Highlighting a sentence doesn't give me the quote this function anymore either, but that predates the slow text box issue.

Running Chrome 54.0.2840.68 on Android 6.0.1.

It was an exercise in patience just to make this post.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 hours ago, billchao said:

Reply box has even giving me issues on mobile lately. It wasn't giving the toolbar for a bit and now it is ridiculously laggy. I have already tried deleting my cache and restarted my phone.

Highlighting a sentence doesn't give me the quote this function anymore either, but that predates the slow text box issue.

I haven't noticed any issues with my iPhone. Do you have another browser you can try? Just curious.

They updated the CKEditor version in 4.1.16, IIRC. I haven't seen complaints on the IPS site about Android browsers, though, but I'll go look again.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I haven't noticed any issues with my iPhone. Do you have another browser you can try? Just curious.

No. I can dl one and see if anything changes though.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

They updated the CKEditor version in 4.1.16, IIRC. I haven't seen complaints on the IPS site about Android browsers, though, but I'll go look again.

I don't know. At first I assumed it was on my end, but it is still an issue after doing everything I normally do when things start running slow. I don't have the problem with other sites.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 11:43 AM, billchao said:

Just to add to the error I was experiencing, when I switched to a different browser window and came back, my text box stopped working altogether. I would type stuff that just didn't appear.

On 10/27/2016 at 2:44 PM, iacas said:

I finally got around to downloading Opera and I'm having no problems now.

Still can't do the quote this function though.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been addressed, but I think there should be a "verify" option given after (accidentally) clicking the "Mark forum as read" tab. It has happened several times now, and is highly aggravating as it loses all my spots where I've read up to.

Colin P.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Not sure if this has been addressed, but I think there should be a "verify" option given after (accidentally) clicking the "Mark forum as read" tab. It has happened several times now, and is highly aggravating as it loses all my spots where I've read up to.

I agree that it should probably ask you if you're sure… but why do you make a habit of clicking it?

I don't think I've ever clicked it. How often do you? Or do you do it accidentally?

Lately while I'm entering a reply, I'll type a line or two and then hit "Enter or Shift Enter" and the lines I type are removed.
Sometimes the content is highlighted as if I'm "selecting the text" which I'm not sure why this happens either.

I'll then Ctrl Z to undo and continue typing the message.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Club Rat said:

Lately while I'm entering a reply, I'll type a line or two and then hit "Enter or Shift Enter" and the lines I type are removed.
Sometimes the content is highlighted as if I'm "selecting the text" which I'm not sure why this happens either.

I've never seen that. You should record it or something, perhaps.

cmd-enter (on the Mac, maybe ctrl-enter on Windows?) submits the post now.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

You should record it or something, perhaps.

I'll will the next time it happens.

Thanks for the tip about "ctrl-enter"

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

10 hours ago, Club Rat said:

This has happened to me too.  Unfortunately, until now, I didn't know about Ctrl Z!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

10 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Lately while I'm entering a reply, I'll type a line or two and then hit "Enter or Shift Enter" and the lines I type are removed...

I had that happen 2-3 times last week, but is recent development and it hadn't happened in the past few days

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

18 hours ago, iacas said:

I agree that it should probably ask you if you're sure… but why do you make a habit of clicking it?

I don't think I've ever clicked it. How often do you? Or do you do it accidentally?

I've never purposely hit that tab. Sometimes when you click on a thread before the page fully loads, it (my phone I guess) thinks I hit the "mark as read" tab.

Colin P.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0289.PNG

-1 notifications. I guess that means I've already seen the one that is created next in the future? 

I've been browsing from my phone periodically today. Haven't checked from computer. I think this happened when I closed out multiple windows (newer ones) that also had TST open, leaving behind the oldest-open TST. Could've been open days honestly as I rarely close out multiple Safari windows on my phone.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, RandallT said:

IMG_0289.PNG

-1 notifications. I guess that means I've already seen the one that is created next in the future? 

I've been browsing from my phone periodically today. Haven't checked from computer. I think this happened when I closed out multiple windows (newer ones) that also had TST open, leaving behind the oldest-open TST. Could've been open days honestly as I rarely close out multiple Safari windows on my phone.

Unless that keeps happening, I'm chalking it up as a fluke. :-D

Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!