IGNORED

Share your New Strokes Gained Data from GAME Golf!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I was only going by behavior, should have noted that with less "certainty". I'll be more careful next time around.

The strokes gained appears to indicate general weaknesses very accurately even if the hole locations are not edited and recorded exactly. All the people I play with move pretty quickly, and there isn't really enough time to edit the hole location on the app very easily. Plus, the zoom feature becomes a grid when I try to zoom into what I think is the appropriate scale. So, I just live with the larger short game strokes gained statistics. It seems to somewhat even out with enough rounds?

Very happy with the application so far. My spending money on myself account will accrue enough to get the GG Live unit in a couple months, as I am still paying off my new iPhone 6S plus. In retrospect, I probably didn't need the maximum memory option. :-P

@Lihu, you should be editing your rounds after the fact (or putting the flag in the right spot during your round). It doesn't "even out" like you think it does. GIGO - garbage in, garbage out.

22 minutes ago, glinks said:

Thank you for your reply, it looks fine.
Another question about GPS accuracy.
How the devise records the lie when the ball is on the border of the rough and the fairway?

You look at it and move the lie enough so it registers the right thing. The maps don't always fit 100% perfectly to the lines cut on the course that you see on the map, but you rarely have to move a shot too far to get it to register. Not enough to change the distance you hit the shot, really.

BTW, my latest is…

56eacf135e99f_ScreenShot2016-03-17at11.3

I've been a bit carefree with the short game. Failing to pick landing spots, being lazy and just taking my 3 wedge to shots that should be hit with a 1 or 2 wedge… that sort of thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Lihu, you should be editing your rounds after the fact (or putting the flag in the right spot during your round). It doesn't "even out" like you think it does. GIGO - garbage in, garbage out.

Yeah, thinking about this further the putting stats will be way off, just like they are in my stats. It's not at all accurate as far as the magnitude of the change, but it is very accurate that those are my glaring weaknesses at this point.

GIGO for now, and when I get better at these things I can start editing the holes as you mention. Still working on improving my long game, though. Lot's more work there. I want the nice flights I get off a mat on the course. I don't consider thinning and rolling onto a green to be good enough. Plus, long game is much more fun and satisfying to work on.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

You look at it and move the lie enough so it registers the right thing. The maps don't always fit 100% perfectly to the lines cut on the course that you see on the map, but you rarely have to move a shot too far to get it to register. Not enough to change the distance you hit the shot, really.

indeed, it is a good solution.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

BTW, my latest is…

56eacf135e99f_ScreenShot2016-03-17at11.3

I've been a bit carefree with the short game. Failing to pick landing spots, being lazy and just taking my 3 wedge to shots that should be hit with a 1 or 2 wedge… that sort of thing.

You used Strokes VS scratch for your statistics
I am 18 HCP, I can use Strokes Vs 20 ...
How is the HCP adapted? I guess the calculations are made from the Pro Baseline used on the PGA tour.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Lihu said:

GIGO for now, and when I get better at these things I can start editing the holes as you mention. Still working on improving my long game, though. Lot's more work there. I want the nice flights I get off a mat on the course. I don't consider thinning and rolling onto a green to be good enough. Plus, long game is much more fun and satisfying to work on.

You're polluting your future results and trends, too. I'd start eliminating the "GI" part now, because the "GO" part will continue on for a long time.

Heck, I'd even consider, if I were you, closing and re-starting your account (if you can do that).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

You're polluting your future results and trends, too. I'd start eliminating the "GI" part now, because the "GO" part will continue on for a long time.

Heck, I'd even consider, if I were you, closing and re-starting your account (if you can do that).

Ouch! I plan to play over 100 rounds this year, and hopefully that should throw out the bad data within a year or so?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Plus, I'm waiting for the hole end feature. Which will improve the putting stats. I'm really happy with the long game stats and it really shows that my long irons need improvement. Tired of hitting those low rolling shots with them. Although, I kind of knew everything even before GG.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Plus, I'm waiting for the hole end feature. Which will improve the putting stats.

I think you're going to be waiting for a long time on that one.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think you're going to be waiting for a long time on that one.

Bummer. :-(

Okay, I'm going to take the time to fix the holes from now on. I just hate to make people wait too long before or after I tee off the next hole. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Okay, I'm going to take the time to fix the holes from now on. I just hate to make people wait too long before or after I tee off the next hole. . .

So do it after your round.

Just now, iacas said:

So do it after your round.

I don't remember the pin placements to within a couple feet of accuracy. It'd probably be like 4-6 feet off?

How do you guys edit greens after playing?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I don't remember the pin placements to within a couple feet of accuracy. It'd probably be like 4-6 feet off?

How do you guys edit greens after playing?

I edit every round. The data that goes in is important to get the right data coming out.

You don't remember if your putt on a hole was 10 feet or 16 feet hours after playing?

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

I edit every round. The data that goes in is important to get the right data coming out.

You don't remember if your putt on a hole was 10 feet or 16 feet hours after playing?

Oh, I get it. You just edit the lengths of the putts, and not the map and shoving those little icons around? Of course. :doh:

Yes, that should be pretty quick to edit, as it's usually just the last putt that's off anyway.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Oh, I get it. You just edit the lengths of the putts, and not the map and shoving those little icons around? Of course. :doh:

No, you edit the little dots, and you watch the distance as you're doing it so it's in the right place with the right distance.

This isn't really a tech support thread… ;-) C'mon @Lihu. :-D

• Upvote 1

I also edit every round which involves moving maybe 1/3rd of the flag positions and adding any penalty strokes.  I enjoy the process of reviewing a round.

To help my poor memory I make note on my scorecard of approximate distance and direction of any last putt greater than 2 feet (i.e. 6sw = 6 foot putt in a southwest direction).  It's easy to do, only takes a second and helps me remember the flag positions.

(I have a problem of forgetting if I tagged and then re-tagging a shot on the course.  This is purely my error/problem.  The system allows you to remove those in the edit process which I have to do way more than I should and I'd guess way more than most others.)

8 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

I also edit every round which involves moving maybe 1/3rd of the flag positions and adding any penalty stokes.  I enjoy the process of reviewing a round.

To help my poor memory I make note on my scorecard of approximate distance and direction of any last putt greater than 2 feet (i.e. 6sw = 6 foot putt in a southwest direction).  It's easy to do, only takes a second and helps me remember the flag positions.

(I have a problem of forgetting if I tagged and then re-tagging a shot on the course.  This is purely my error/problem.  The system allows you to remove those in the edit process which I have to do way more than I should and I'd guess way more than most others.)

That's good.

I'm kind of out of sight out of mind when it comes to remembering rounds and stuff. This is why GG has made the the laziest golfers around who is trying to improve. I just follow the insights. :whistle:

Penalties are easy to add, so I do that from where I need to take a drop.

It's the in between time where I am holding the flagstick for partners or aimpointing the greens that doesn't give me much time. The tee box is generally the only place, and we usually wait in line for the shot as soon as it clears.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Just now, Lihu said:

It's the in between time where I am holding the flagstick for partners or aimpointing the greens that doesn't give me much time. The tee box is generally the only place, and we usually wait in line for the shot as soon as it clears.

you can't effectively edit pin placements mid-round.  you have to do it afterwards. 

adding shots or penalty strokes are one thing, but moving the marker really requires a computer.

Edited by dsc123

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

1 minute ago, dsc123 said:

you can't effectively edit pin placements mid-round.  you have to do it afterwards. 

adding shots or penalty strokes are one thing, but moving the marker really requires a computer.

I agree. Probably the best way is to take a picture of my last putt and ball, then editing when I get home.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

5 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I have Game Golf Classic (not live).  I edit at home after the round.  I sure wouldn't want to do any editing on the course, I don't like the distraction.  For that matter, I very, very seldom pull out my cell phone on a course... maybe once in 10 rounds when I'm expecting an important call from a Doctor or something like that... or to take an occasional picture while waiting for a group ahead.

Note: This thread is 2547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!