IGNORED

Your Day with the (Newport) Cup! (2015 Edition)

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

I've already had many days with the Cup. Has Barrett been overlooked on the West Team?

@BechamboΒ doesn't really participate much.

And, oops, you're right. So just remove John from the list, obviously, and Hunter can send it to Dave.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

It's here!

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

What a nice bday present.Β ;-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

2 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

It's here!

image.jpeg

Glad it arrived safely.Β 

Michael

Looks great, and on your birthday!Β Β 

Now that its on the east coast, it struck me that three of us Blue Teamers will be together on April 9 and 10. Β @SavvySwedeΒ and @GolfLugΒ are coming to the northern Virginia area for a couple of days of golf. Β  It would make a nice photo to have us three with the Cup on the first tee, or last green, or all around the course. Β So I'm asking, could we plan to have it on one of our hands around the first of April?Β 

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Now that its on the east coast, it struck me that three of us Blue Teamers will be together on April 9 and 10. Β @SavvySwedeΒ and @GolfLugΒ are coming to the northern Virginia area for a couple of days of golf. Β  It would make a nice photo to have us three with the Cup on the first tee, or last green, or all around the course. Β So I'm asking, could we plan to have it on one of our hands around the first of April?Β 

You'll have it by then. I'm keeping it for the rest of this week thru Sunday, and I'll mail it on Monday.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

11 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

You'll have it by then. I'm keeping it for the rest of this week thru Sunday, and I'll mail it on Monday.

I'm thinking maybe you should send it to @jamo. Β If he keeps it a week or two, it would get to the next guy in late March. Β I'm not trying to take over the organization, I just think it would be fun to have it here when three of us are together.

Dave

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 

30 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Now there's an idea! This will be great!! Good thinking @DaveP043.

Vishal S.

I'll be sending the Cup off sometime this week. Who gets it next?Β 

Β 

Β 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

8 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

I'll be sending the Cup off sometime this week. Who gets it next?Β 

Β 

Β 

I thinkΒ as @DaveP043 suggested, send it to @jamo if he wants it and then he can send it to @SavvySwede, later in the month, who can send it to @DaveP043 orΒ drive it in with him early April for our Northern VA get together.

Vishal S.

PART I

First picture I took with the Newport Cup, at about 7 am. It came with me and rode in the cart with my father and I as we played with the dog fight. However, it brought us zero luck, and we were both out eleven bucks.Β 

IMG_2411.thumb.JPG.069b0b4e6c06dd7d1f694

A cool photo I took as we ate breakfast that morning. This is inside our clubhouse, which is pretty nice, if decorated a little strangely.Β 

IMG_2417.thumb.JPG.e835178b81822c286dd29

PART II

The Cup had a much more productive warmup session than I did; it actually stayed there the entire tire while I was hitting balls. My shots were low pull-fades, which I don't even really want to think about!

IMG_2421.thumb.JPG.75d1dbdc378b88f78657c

I wanted to take more shots of the Cup on the course, but it had over 170 players that day, and we just didn't have the time to take any. We had to keep pace, unfortunately.Β 

Here I am, desperately trying to make a putt go into the mouth of the cup. The reason I am a dog whisker away from the damn thing is that I literally could not hit the cup with the ball. I succeeded this time.Β 

IMG_2427.thumb.JPG.443ac9988f52bb8f3da6e

PART III

Being as this was the last day for the Cup, I allowed it to sleep in my bed, and I took the floor. It was ungrateful.

IMG_2429.thumb.JPG.8b20af8346a4b99057a34

And then, back to where I had it all week:Β 

IMG_2430.thumb.JPG.2957f9ec0f74015110604

I didn't get to do as much as I wanted, for one reason or another. But I had a lot of fun carrying it around; I got a lot of strange looks and questions. I thought about taking it to work, but since I'm either directing traffic or in a steel shop, I thought it was probably in the best interest of the Cup to let it rest at home, lol.Β 

@jamo– it'll be on it's way to you tomorrow!Β 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

16 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Β 

@jamo– it'll be on it's way to you tomorrow!Β 

It sounds like you had a great time with it. Can't wait!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Let's do this!

image.jpeg

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On March 17, 2016 at 4:09 PM, jamo said:

Let's do this!

So what did you do, exactly? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

On 3/17/2016 at 4:09 PM, jamo said:

Let's do this!

image.jpeg

The New Port Cup is in a precarious position thereΒ :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

So, I spent my day/few weeks with the cup in a slightly more low key manner. I didn't have anything big planned, and didn't get to play any golf. So, we simply did some bonding.Β 

The Cup and I did some free weights:

IMG_3564.jpg

And a little cardio:

IMG_3565.jpg

We made a healthy snack:

IMG_3568.jpg

We got in our five minutes (the Cup is a lefty):

IMG_3567.jpg

We played a bit of The Golf Club:

IMG_3570.jpg

And of course, I made sure to tuck the Cup in at night (in East Coast blue even though the picture makes the blanket look black):

IMG_3575.jpg

It sounds like @DaveP043is next up. PM me with the address!

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

PM sent this morning!

Dave

Note:Β This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!