IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2016

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've tried signing out of yahoo, and signing in again.  In fact I tried clearing my browser and signing in.  The link  http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com  takes me through the process of-- setting up a new team--asks me to pick a team name, read the terms and conditions, etc.  Like I said above I've had quite a few yahoo fantasy teams over the years and never experienced anything like this before.   

At work tomorrow when I'm logged in to my team I'll cut and paste the url into an email and send it to myself, then try that url from hom.  Maybe that will work. /shrug 

btw, Sorry for cluttering up this thread with this.  

Groups are set on Yahoo, so get your rosters in. In Hawaii again so times to have rosters set will be later than normal, but are still TBD on the Yahoo site. Good luck this week.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

On 1/11/2016 at 9:04 PM, Volkey said:

I've tried signing out of yahoo, and signing in again.  In fact I tried clearing my browser and signing in.  The link  http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com  takes me through the process of-- setting up a new team--asks me to pick a team name, read the terms and conditions, etc.  Like I said above I've had quite a few yahoo fantasy teams over the years and never experienced anything like this before.   

At work tomorrow when I'm logged in to my team I'll cut and paste the url into an email and send it to myself, then try that url from hom.  Maybe that will work. /shrug 

btw, Sorry for cluttering up this thread with this.  

I figured out the problem.  I have an old, seldom used, junk mail yahoo account that I used a couple years ago to avoid getting junk-email at work.  I signed into TST last week from work by hitting the "sign in with Google" button.  When I did that it automatically signed me into that old yahoo junk mail account instead of my regular yahoo account.  (I guess my Google+ is associated with the old junkmail yahoo account.)  So now my lineup is associated with that junkmail yahoo account instead of the one I've used for fantasy teams for several years.   Oh well.  No biggie.   

2 minutes ago, Volkey said:

instead of my regular yahoo account.

That was going to be my next suggestion, check the "User Name" On the TST league, you can go to "Members" and locate some info. It would show the E-mail contact which usually is the account holders setup. There's also the option to hide the contact info.

Glad your all set......:beer:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Club Rat said:

That was going to be my next suggestion, check the "User Name" On the TST league, you can go to "Members" and locate some info. It would show the E-mail contact which usually is the account holders setup. There's also the option to hide the contact info.

Glad your all set......:beer:

Thanks!    Hey, congrats on the win in week one!  

19 minutes ago, Volkey said:

Hey, congrats on the win in week one!  

Thanks, my first ever "Trifecta" on bonus points in four seasons. Still didn't even come close to cracking the Top 50 of Yahoo Users. I recall  @Crim and @gogolfing  having honors to that plateau last season. Not sure how to see how TST group ranks among Yahoo other groups. Scott probably knows how? The TST group looks really strong this season, many new and old faces make for a fun season. Hope we get a little "Trash Talkin" this year, I'll start on my buddy Kyle in a few weeks to see if I can ruffle his feathers a little ..........   :whistle:

For those new to the fantasy golf site; you will want to go and check your lineup because unless you make a change your lineup from the prior week will be used again this week.

. I've forgotten a few times in past years, and it is really hard to score when 6 of your 8 players are not entered into this weeks event.

Players play, tough players win!

Just googled the Round 1 leaderboard thus far this week (in progress).

Leaderboard - Ongoing R1 R2 R3 R4 Total Thru

T1
trans.gifVijay Singh
-7 -7 18

T1
trans.gifRicky Barnes
-7 -7 18

T1
trans.gifMorgan Hoffmann
-7 -7 18

Si Woo Kim
-6 -6 18

T5
trans.gifJerry Kelly
-5 -5 18

Can't imagine too many of us have these guys on our roster for the week. Totally different dynamic between one of these "off weeks" compared to last week's smaller and more exclusive field. Point totals will be a fraction of what they were, huh? Guess we gotta capitalize on those big weeks when we can.

On 1/12/2016 at 0:19 PM, Club Rat said:

Not sure how to see how TST group ranks among Yahoo other groups.

Anecdotally, I noticed during Tourney #1 that when I was about the TST 50-percentile after Round 3 (I think I was near 22/44 then), I was about 75-percentile for the overall Yahoo community. Then I had an awful round 4 and dropped to about TST 20-percentile, and I'm around 34-percentile for the overall.  It's early and meaningless probably, but for Tourney #1, TST's median and lower players likely did better than the overall median and lower players.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

:doh:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

23 hours ago, djfajt71 said:

I forgot to change my stupid lineup this week!!

You can go into Yahoo settings and set up email reminders 1, 2 or 3 days before the start of the tournament. It has saved me a few times. 

As well, watch out...87 guys made the cut, so it is going to be a MDF week and there will be the secondary cut after today's round.

I'm off to a slow start...Justin Thomas and Chris Kirk MC so no A player for the weekend for me.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

PBFU week for my guys. So much for the strategy of selecting players who's past performances at the Sony and usually solid in this event.

12 points was the lowest score I've ever had in a single round. Geez-Louwez .......

44 minutes ago, gogolfing said:

MDF week

Yep, they can kill a good week.....

On 1/15/2016 at 7:52 AM, djfajt71 said:

I forgot to change my stupid lineup this week!!

Same here.  I somehow dumbed myself into having Snedeker, so at least I'm getting some points.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Took a real beating this week but I'll just chalk it up to the learning curve for now.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I'm playing for the first time. I'm from europe and played the european tour fantasy league, but after a few months it always got less interesting. Hope I can keep playing this.

Edited by Artbij

Scores after week 2:

1 Warren Zevon 411
2 Big Perm 400
3 PuttForDough 389
4 Mgirgent 384
5 Nanta 378
6 Alternate Lifestyle 378
7 KapaluaDreaming 377
8 Go Pre 377
9 todd3pc 376
10 Mouzer's Hookers and Slicers 366
11 coachjimsc 356
12 Knocked stiff 355
13 CRIM 354
14 Pretzel 349
15 RandallTee 343
16 SneadSquat 341
17 2 the tee 340
18 Toffeelover 339
19 Club Rat 339
20 Gunga Galunga 338
21 PuttPuttChamps 335
22 The Fish 327
23 Garden City Grenadiers 326
24 Big Stick Swingers 325
25 Davep043 325
26 pw 323
27 J M Brown 321
28 bruces army 320
29 CTgolfer 313
30 GoGolfing 309
31 Topped It Again 304
32 Plexico 302
33 Avalanche of Strokes 299
34 Undr Par 299
35 Saevel25 298
36 HeGotGame 296
37 Wally Fairway 292
38 jeffersonpark 288
39 KPAULHUS 282
40 Shindig 281
41 DaBush87 278
42 savvyswede 267
43 512 264
44 Cinderella Story 258
45 sjduffers 237
46 Alleztom 236
47 thefairwayman 196
48 MissitNoonan 194
49 Large_Adult_Snail 0
50 Artbij's warriors 0

Whoo!  Top 40.  My fantasy team is much better than the music genre that shares a description.

Don't forget to set your roster for tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!