IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

OK Erik fair enough.. we're going to do another one this year; We're going to try to get the Syracuse guys and maybe a couple others... So if it would have been two foursomes it would have been better?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
9 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

OK Erik fair enough.. we're going to do another one this year; We're going to try to get the Syracuse guys and maybe a couple others... So if it would have been two foursomes it would have been better?

Ultimately they're just goofy stupid awards/graphics on a website, but the goal is to encourage people to meet up with new people they've never met in person before, and I'd like everyone to earn their badges/awards earnestly.

So if you tell me that the later one in Syracuse meets the criteria, then I'll give everyone the award.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

An idea for an award that you might consider: Bogey-free round. 

It's surprisingly difficult to do, in that you have to either not make a real mistake or recover from your mistakes for 18 holes straight. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

It's surprisingly difficult to do, in that you have to either not make a real mistake or recover from your mistakes for 18 holes straight. 

Sure, but given how few "Broke Par" awards I've given out, I'm not sure about creating an award 99% of the members won't earn. Y'know? I like them to be somewhat meaningful. "Broke Par" exists really only because I had to have something below "Broke 80." :-)

But I'll give it some more thought.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Sure, but given how few "Broke Par" awards I've given out, I'm not sure about creating an award 99% of the members won't earn. Y'know? I like them to be somewhat meaningful. "Broke Par" exists really only because I had to have something below "Broke 80." :-)

But I'll give it some more thought.

Fair enough. It is pretty tough to have a bogey-free round. I was just playing one of the old Tiger Woods games with the trophy ball system and that idea popped into my head for an award.

(edited)
On July 25, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Pretzel said:

Agreeing with Eric that only a small number of people would actually earn a "Bogey-Free" round badge, I could see where a No DB round may be more feasible, particularly for those stuck between the "breaking 90" and "breaking 80" badges without hope of an interim badge.

I'm not saying the "No DB" badge should exist, just a thought I had as an alternative to the Bogey free round when reading through posts. 

PS. Pretzel, I love the Tiger Woods Golf reference - it's a great idea

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I was a member here before, but left over a disagreement with Erik. Time has a way of putting things in perspective, so I'll give this another shot and see if I can take things a bit less personally. And as long as I'm going to be here, at least off and on, I may as well claim whatever achievement awards I've earned.

*Broke Par: Numerous times, most recently 7/14/2016     *Hole-in-One: I've had 10, most recently 5/15/2015     *Eagle: Numerous times, most recently 9/4/2015

*Albatross: I've had 2, most recently 1/21/2013     

*Tournament Winner: Vallejo (CA) City Championship 2002, NCGA point event, shot 69-63. The 63 is still course record, and I'm told that 2-time PGA Tour winner James Hahn was in the field. Also have won a total of 17 club championships at 3 clubs.  

I'm feeling good this afternoon. At the Stoneleigh Golf Club senior club championship this weekend, I shot 75-73 to win the Net Championship (total net 136).  

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

21 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm feeling good this afternoon. At the Stoneleigh Golf Club senior club championship this weekend, I shot 75-73 to win the Net Championship (total net 136).  

Nicely done...congrats! 

5 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Out of curiosity, how do you get the stupid monkey award?

There is a thread where you can nominate yourself (or someone else). It seems like the bar is pretty high for that one! 

- John

16 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

There is a thread where you can nominate yourself (or someone else). It seems like the bar is pretty high for that one! 

I know. 

I was just hoping to get a more thorough explanation because I'm pretty sure I nominated myself. :)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I shot 75-73 to win the Net Championship

:beer:

Maybe @iacas create a "Trophy Award" for people who win an event?

Edit "Never mind, he already has."

Edited by Club Rat
Senior moment

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
21 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

All set. Congrats!

On July 31, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Pendragon said:

*Broke Par: Numerous times, most recently 7/14/2016     *Hole-in-One: I've had 10, most recently 5/15/2015     *Eagle: Numerous times, most recently 9/4/2015

*Albatross: I've had 2, most recently 1/21/2013     

*Tournament Winner: Vallejo (CA) City Championship 2002, NCGA point event, shot 69-63. The 63 is still course record, and I'm told that 2-time PGA Tour winner James Hahn was in the field. Also have won a total of 17 club championships at 3 clubs.  

TWO Albatrosses? Congrats. All set.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, the fish said:

I just made my first eagle on Friday.  Went Driver, 3W to pin high, 4' right of the cup,  and made the putt. 

Got it, and congratulations!

I'd like to claim a couple things and maybe hold off on a couple.

I definitely bought and read Lowest Score Wins.

I definitely shot a hole in one in a tournament which I proceeded to win.

Not sure if I want to say I broke 80.  I sort of did a couple time playing with my older parents from very forward tees with very low ratings.  I shot low 80s several times for much lower differentials so the former rounds certainly don't seem like more of an achievement than the latter.  Neither do I want "broke 90" because I almost always break 90 and don't really care.  So I'll post again when I feel I "really" broke 80.

I also eagled from those forward tees but that was, like, a 420 yard par 5 downwind so maybe that doesn't count.