IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

I break 90 quite regularly.. was close to breaking 80 a few times, but only managed it on a par 68 course with a 79 (so I won't let that count, I want it to be on at least a par-70 course). Also I don't count the time on Toptracer when I shot a 73 on St. Andrews. 😉

I did just purchase LSW, but was a bit surprised to see that shipping and import fees to EU cost as much as the book itself. 

cheers Chris

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, cdh79 said:

I did just purchase LSW, but was a bit surprised to see that shipping and import fees to EU cost as much as the book itself. 

I may be mistaken but I believe there are people across the pond that do have copies and the shipping would be much cheaper.  @iacas?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

56 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I may be mistaken but I believe there are people across the pond that do have copies and the shipping would be much cheaper.  @iacas?

thanks! at this point I have already paid for it, but I think such high fees may scare some potential buyers off.. I only saw the link to ebay for "international buyers", so that's where I went. I was not aware whether there'd be others over here with copies.

cheers Chris

• Administrator
10 hours ago, cdh79 said:

I break 90 quite regularly.

All set!

10 hours ago, cdh79 said:

They cost what they cost. There's not much we can do about it. We've sold a few thousand copies to Europe, though.

First class international package shipping via USPS to Scotland is $27.15, for example.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can claim the following:

Broke 80

Won a tournament

Scored an eagle

Not sure if there is anything regarding birdies.  Have two in the same round

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator
3 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Not sure if there is anything regarding birdies.

No, nothing for birdies. They're relatively common. I added the other awards for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

New member. Was wondering how to earn these achievements. Thought they were forum related, lol. Given that we're talking real world stuff, I have the following...

• Broke Par - Lowest score was a 65 at my home course. Three putted the 9th to go out in 31. Shot 34 on the back. Was a good day. But a little bitter sweet missing out on a 29. 
  • Hole in 1 - I have two. Freshman year of HS in a match. Then again by myself when I was managing a course after college.
  • Eagle - Many, but none coming to mind that really stand out.
  • Tournament Winner - Have quite a few wins, most memorable was the Mentor Invitational back in HS. Really deep field with 24 teams participating. Long course. Half the day it absolutely poured rain. Shot 74 (+2), which included a quad on a par 5 after putting two tee shots OB. Made birdie on the last hole to avoid a playoff and take the win outright.
  • Shot your age - Not sure if this one qualifies as it's only on 9 holes. And being mid-thirties and a decent player, it's not nearly the feat that it is for guys who can do it on 18.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

• Administrator
20 hours ago, DoubleAce said:

Shot your age - Not sure if this one qualifies as it's only on 9 holes. And being mid-thirties and a decent player, it's not nearly the feat that it is for guys who can do it on 18.

No, that one's reserved for our older golfers. 😄

You got the others. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

So, I've been away for a while but I finally achieved an eagle on a par 4.

Colonial Golf Course - Meridianville, AL - Hole 15 - 286 yards - Saturday, June 4, 2022

Drove the ball to the front edge of the green and narrowly missed (less than 6 inches) the eagle putt on Friday.

Came back on Saturday and pushed my drive into a mound on the right and had 39 yards left.  Hit a little quarter gap wedge into the fringe and watched the ball trickle into the cup.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• Administrator
9 hours ago, bwdial said:

So, I've been away for a while but I finally achieved an eagle on a par 4.

Colonial Golf Course - Meridianville, AL - Hole 15 - 286 yards - Saturday, June 4, 2022

Drove the ball to the front edge of the green and narrowly missed (less than 6 inches) the eagle putt on Friday.

Came back on Saturday and pushed my drive into a mound on the right and had 39 yards left.  Hit a little quarter gap wedge into the fringe and watched the ball trickle into the cup.

Congrats! Awarded!

• 1 month later...

I'm overdue for a little flair.  Have broken 90, and have one lifetime eagle to my name.

Hopefully some more to come 

• Like 2

-Eric

Finally broke 100 on a "True 18 Holes".  I've had several 9 hole rounds combined to be under 100 but today was my first ever true 18 holes under 100.  Shot 52 on Front and 45 on back for a 97 at Leslie Park in A2, MI

• Like 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 minute ago, StuM said:

Finally broke 100 on a "True 18 Holes".  I've had several 9 hole rounds combined to be under 100 but today was my first ever true 18 holes under 100.  Shot 52 on Front and 45 on back for a 97 at Leslie Park in A2, MI

And was a member of a TST Michigan Meetup!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Oops, just noticed I broke 100 last year.  Oh well, 2nd time still feels nice 😊 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
On 7/10/2022 at 9:05 PM, Golfer20 said:

I've broken 80 twice.  

I've made an eagle a couple of times. 

All set! Congrats!

On 7/11/2022 at 11:48 AM, Seeking70s said:

I have broken 80, made a few eagles, and purchased & read LSW

You got 'em!

On 7/12/2022 at 12:44 PM, Friz said:

I'm overdue for a little flair.  Have broken 90, and have one lifetime eagle to my name.

Hopefully some more to come 

Nice. Added.

5 hours ago, StuM said:

Great!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...