IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

• Administrator
On 9/22/2018 at 3:26 PM, Bucki1968 said:

Read it! Broke 70 a couple weeks ago at Rocky Point golf club.

BC48670A-C38E-40FD-AFF7-9A9740CF4DF8.jpeg

Thanks. LSW badge awarded.

There's no medal for breaking 70. Breaking par, yes… but I don't want to assume. Maybe that was an executive course?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Thanks. LSW badge awarded.

There's no medal for breaking 70. Breaking par, yes… but I don't want to assume. Maybe that was an executive course?

Yeah I broke par 72. Not executive course but only 6200 yards😄

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
On 9/24/2018 at 7:13 AM, Bucki1968 said:

Yeah I broke par 72. Not executive course but only 6200 yards😄

Congrats! Got it.

39 minutes ago, Smidd4 said:

I got an albatross on Sunday! Hole in 1 with my driver on a 270 yard par 4, that was really cool. 

I gave you the albatross and the hole-in-one awards. Congrats!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 9/21/2018 at 12:29 PM, Sean_D said:

I broke 100 earlier this year, and yesterday I broke 90 for the first time. I shot an 88 at Bartley Cavanaugh in Sacramento. 6 pars, 10 bogeys, and only 2 blowup 8s.

My lessons (and practice routine) have been working wonders. In my least lesson, my coach got me to change from a strong grip to a neutral grip, and I have been hitting the ball straighter and further than I ever dreamed was possible.

Broke 90.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 10/1/2018 at 1:20 PM, Sean_D said:

Broke 90.

Congrats. Do you have a few more details?

Sure... I had 6 pars, 10 bogeys, and two 8s. I had just recently implemented a grip change recommended by my coach and was hitting the ball better, straighter and further than I ever have before. I made it through the round using only three golf balls, which is the fewest number of balls I have ever used in a round of golf.

Broke 90 yesterday. Was invited to play by one of my suppliers. Shot an 87 from the whites at Camas Meadows, which was the lowest score of our foursome. I have never had the low score in a foursome before!  I also bought and read LSW a few months ago. Actually read it several times now. 

Edited by ChevDog
  • Like 1

• Administrator
19 hours ago, ChevDog said:

Broke 90 yesterday. Was invited to play by one of my suppliers. Shot an 87 from the whites at Camas Meadows, which was the lowest score of our foursome. I have never had the low score in a foursome before!  I also bought and read LSW a few months ago. Actually read it several times now. 

Both awarded. Congrats!

I have broken par, I have eagles and one albatross-My ball bounced off another ball on the green and went in.

But you already gave me those awards-Just wanted to say hi again and I have been gone for awhile.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I broke par for 18 holes one time 70 on par 72. We were allowed preferred lies in your own fairway only. Can’t move it more than 6 inches. We putt everything, a 1 inch putt must be putted in. Broke par on 9 many times, no rounds in 60’s, no hole in one yet.

Also have made Eagles

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I broke par for 18 holes one time 70 on par 72. We were allowed preferred lies in your own fairway only. Can’t move it more than 6 inches. We putt everything, a 1 inch putt must be putted in. Broke par on 9 many times, no rounds in 60’s, no hole in one yet.

Also have made Eagles

All set on both, and congratulations!

Well, the No Sixes Challenge has eluded me all summer until today.
I almost screwed up on the sixth hole Par 4, hit tee shot OB, Re-Tee third shot in the fairway and a seven iron to 2 feet for a Bogey 5.

Shot an Even Par round with 4 birdies on the back and lipped out a putt on the final hole for bird which would have given me the 
Broke Par achievement also.

Anyway, fun day.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
On 10/23/2018 at 4:28 PM, Club Rat said:

Well, the No Sixes Challenge has eluded me all summer until today.
I almost screwed up on the sixth hole Par 4, hit tee shot OB, Re-Tee third shot in the fairway and a seven iron to 2 feet for a Bogey 5.

Shot an Even Par round with 4 birdies on the back and lipped out a putt on the final hole for bird which would have given me the 
Broke Par achievement also.

Anyway, fun day.

Congrats. Challenge flag awarded!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, paradocs said:

Started actually working on my game and broke 100 and 90 this summer. 

I gave you the broke 90 badge. Congrats.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Iacas,

Love the book. Really, I'm not just saying that. Not sure why the mapping of Shot Zones never occurred to me. That's brilliant, easy to understand, and simple to do. I actually had to google up scaling a capture from google maps. I have a course book from the course the tournament I play every year, but it's not scaled. So, I used google maps and found a way to scale it. Then I've been literally over-laying my Shot Zones over the course... Seriously, that's worth the price of the book. (not blowing smoke here.) 

The other part that hit me hard was the prepping for tournament section. I play a tournament every year and normally stink it up. I'm already looking forward to next year's tourney. 

Anyhow, since the freaking snow won't stop falling. I'm going to read it again. I also thought I'd fill in my profile on this forum and claim some rewards.

I broke 80 this year. 

I also filled in a description of my holes in one in that thread. 

Anyhow, thanks for the book and running a great forum. 

rounds.jpg

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I broke 80 this year. 

I also filled in a description of my holes in one in that thread. 

Thank you for the feedback on the book. It's appreciated.

I've given you the "broke 80" award. You have holes in one? I'll grant it, though in the future to help out (I like to add a little detail on some awards), link to your post here when you mention that it's covered somewhere else, if you can.