IGNORED

New TRUE Linkswear Elements Shoe

Note: This thread is 2505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ordered mine a couple days ago.....can't wait they look great!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/18/2016 at 1:47 PM, colin007 said:

I just can't do it. Form over function for me. 

Have you had a pair of True's?

I felt the same way as you before.  The thing with True's is, the function (comfort) is so good, I forget about the rest.  They even start to look nicer to me....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

My worry is the wear of the sole. My Motions wore out the sole in half a season. My Sensei's didn't wear out at all. They were my main gym shoes for three years. The soles are still fine. With the Motions, my feet slip now, even on mats.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

Have you had a pair of True's?

I felt the same way as you before.  The thing with True's is, the function (comfort) is so good, I forget about the rest.  They even start to look nicer to me....

no, but the shoes i wear are all super comfy.  i have narrow feet, so i dont need the wide platform that come with the TROO shoes.

Colin P.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

My worry is the wear of the sole. My Motions wore out the sole in half a season. My Sensei's didn't wear out at all. They were my main gym shoes for three years. The soles are still fine. With the Motions, my feet slip now, even on mats.

This is my concern as well, I had the same problem, I've already thrown out my motions and they got about 60 rounds on them, my Sensei are still going strong, they just look beat up.  I wonder if there needs to be some kind of campaign to bring back the original Sensei without any improvements or tweaks or anything?  They were perfection as far as I'm concerned. :-D

Brad

These look great, but like others in this thread, it's just hard for me to justify spending $100 on these when I can get a pair of brand-new True Tours for $30.

(Or, True Motions for $39.99:  http://www.hurricanegolf.com/true-linkswear-true-motion-golf-shoes.html?)

That said, I'll probably end up buying them anyway - they do look awesome.

- John

• Administrator
1 hour ago, bradsul said:

I wonder if there needs to be some kind of campaign to bring back the original Sensei without any improvements or tweaks or anything?  They were perfection as far as I'm concerned. :-D

They weren't waterproof at all, of course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 hours ago, iacas said:

They weren't waterproof at all, of course.

True (haha!) but I personally didn't buy them for that and it didn't bother me at all.  When I got them I had the Tours to fall back on for wet days.  But I still wear my Sensei almost daily plus I have a pair in my golf bag to wear at the simulator place I'm a member of during the winter.  Now I can't get either one, makes me wish I had stocked up, don't know why I was so short-sighted.

Brad

On February 25, 2016 at 6:01 AM, boogielicious said:

All their protruding lug soles wear fast. Don't like the design and don't think it provided better grip than the Sensei sole. 

Dave :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some before and after when I used Oxyclean Laundry Stain remover spray with a nylon brush.

Before
Dirty.JPG.cc6b843e5bf4122ed5971d345b2ba7

After
Clean.thumb.JPG.00bbd1ea6f0e392a4bb924a5

I think it's done a good job. It was really easy and quick. I let True know this and sent them the photo's.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

As many people here know I've LOVED my TRUE Linkswear shoes. I immediately loved them years ago, and have 40+ pair of them and have turned hundreds of people (including many here on TST) on to them. I love minimalist shoes, and I like the somewhat unique style of TRUE shoes. They've been great shoes, and I wear almost nothing BUT TRUE shoes in my day-to-day life (except when I play soccer, and when I mow the yard, because then they'd get grass stained).

I have multiple pair of Senseis in 10.5. I also have multiple pair of Motions in 10.5. All fit pretty well - the Sensei are probably a bit bigger, but the Motion fit just fine.

Despite what TRUE says, I had to get 11s in my Elements. So, that and the ease with which they get dirty (see @saevel25's post just above this one) are the only real negatives. I had to swap out my 10.5s for 11s, and I had to go buy some OxyClean.

I don't pretend to know or really care what TRUE was doing in the later stages of 2014 and most of 2015. I know that the company appeared to be going south, fast, and putting out defective products. I alone returned and swapped out multiple pair of Motions, GameChanger Pros, etc. They leaked, cracked, you name it. The fit and feel was fine, that was never a problem, but the waterproofing, well… they just weren't.

(Brief aside: so far as TRUE knows, the shoes they carry over from 2015 are fully waterproof and they stand behind them 100%. Some retailers may still have the "older" shoes that are prone to leaking, but if you buy a 2015 model from TRUE, just as always, they stand behind their product and they believe they've solved the problems from earlier in 2015 with leaking. If your shoes are defective in any way, as many here can attest, they'll take care of you as they always have. TRUE customer service is second to none in my experience, and the experience of others.)

But as far as negatives go, that's about it.

So… Yippee!

That's part of what makes these Elements such a win! With these shoes, TRUE seems to be back on solid (and truly waterproof) footing.

I tried out all three pair of TRUE Elements on a recent trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. I also wore them around Erie, PA when we've had some warm days to play some golf lately.

The first thing I did each day? Find a puddle to step in.

And, true to their word, the shoes were waterproof. Which, if you get and feel the shoe, seems like an odd thing. After all, the shoes feel like they're made of fabric, and covered by a fine plastic-like mesh. Is the mesh so small water can't seep through? That doesn't seem to be the case, as @saevel25's shoes above attest. However it works, though, it works really well. I didn't get a drop of water through to my socks in the last ten rounds I've worn the shoes.

But okay, so the shoes are waterproof. They're supposed to be, right? Yeah.

But what makes these shoes nice is that, again, TRUE is going back to its roots a bit - they're going back to the more minimalist, less padding and structure, lightweight, flexible shoes that they started out making. The major upgrades are still there - the fabric is incredible, the styles are updated (I may have loved the original "clown" shoes quite a bit, but the wife is still firmly on the other side of that particular fence), and the soles are more ergonomic and provide better grip.

I've been a TRUE fan since they came out, but my interest and love for them waned in the last 16 months. With the TRUE Elements, I'm back on board. The shoes are super comfortable. The padding is just the right amount, and the memory foam around the ankle cuff is super nice. The traction is as good as you'll find from a spikeless shoe. These are a true return to the things which made TRUE great to begin with, and I couldn't be happier.*

TRUE is back, and with a small amount of vengeance. Great!

* Well, I could be, but that would involve a rebirth of the Sensei, and some more shoes for my kiddo @NatalieB, but we'll wait to see what the rest of 2016 holds… ;-)

true6.jpgtrue4.jpg

true2.jpg

true3.jpg

true5.jpg

true1.jpg

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

And, true to their word, the shoes were waterproof. Which, if you get and feel the shoe, seems like an odd thing. After all, the shoes feel like they're made of fabric, and covered by a fine plastic-like mesh. Is the mesh so small water can't seep through? That doesn't seem to be the case, as @saevel25's shoes above attest. However it works, though, it works really well. I didn't get a drop of water through to my socks in the last ten rounds I've worn the shoes.

But what makes these shoes nice is that, again, TRUE is going back to its roots a bit - they're going back to the more minimalist, less padding and structure, lightweight, flexible shoes that they started out making. The major upgrades are still there - the fabric is incredible, the styles are updated (I may have loved the original "clown" shoes quite a bit, but the wife is still firmly on the other side of that particular fence), and the soles are more ergonomic and provide better grip.

I agree 100%. It really is an interesting technology they have on the shoe with that mesh structure they use to keep water out. I would say they are using water's surface tension against them. 

If a person has ever owned a pair of mesh running shoes and had to clean them then this is not a big deal. With the Oxyclean spray it took me about 10 minutes to clean them. Let them sit overnight to air out and they are good as new. It's not some labor intensive deal to clean them. Most people probably clean off their leather golf shoes the same way. 

I am very happy with these shoes. After wearing them for about 10-20 minutes they really form up to your feet nice. It doesn't take long to break them in. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

12 hours ago, iacas said:

As many people here know I've LOVED my TRUE Linkswear shoes. I immediately loved them years ago, and have 40+ pair of them and have turned hundreds of people (including many here on TST) on to them. I love minimalist shoes, and I like the somewhat unique style of TRUE shoes. They've been great shoes, and I wear almost nothing BUT TRUE shoes in my day-to-day life (except when I play soccer, and when I mow the yard, because then they'd get grass stained).

I have multiple pair of Senseis in 10.5. I also have multiple pair of Motions in 10.5. All fit pretty well - the Sensei are probably a bit bigger, but the Motion fit just fine.

Despite what TRUE says, I had to get 11s in my Elements. So, that and the ease with which they get dirty (see @saevel25's post just above this one) are the only real negatives. I had to swap out my 10.5s for 11s, and I had to go buy some OxyClean.

I don't pretend to know or really care what TRUE was doing in the later stages of 2014 and most of 2015. I know that the company appeared to be going south, fast, and putting out defective products. I alone returned and swapped out multiple pair of Motions, GameChanger Pros, etc. They leaked, cracked, you name it. The fit and feel was fine, that was never a problem, but the waterproofing, well… they just weren't.

(Brief aside: so far as TRUE knows, the shoes they carry over from 2015 are fully waterproof and they stand behind them 100%. Some retailers may still have the "older" shoes that are prone to leaking, but if you buy a 2015 model from TRUE, just as always, they stand behind their product and they believe they've solved the problems from earlier in 2015 with leaking. If your shoes are defective in any way, as many here can attest, they'll take care of you as they always have. TRUE customer service is second to none in my experience, and the experience of others.)

But as far as negatives go, that's about it.

So… Yippee!

That's part of what makes these Elements such a win! With these shoes, TRUE seems to be back on solid (and truly waterproof) footing.

I tried out all three pair of TRUE Elements on a recent trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. I also wore them around Erie, PA when we've had some warm days to play some golf lately.

The first thing I did each day? Find a puddle to step in.

I've been a TRUE fan since they came out, but my interest and love for them waned in the last 16 months. With the TRUE Elements, I'm back on board. The shoes are super comfortable. The padding is just the right amount, and the memory foam around the ankle cuff is super nice. The traction is as good as you'll find from a spikeless shoe. These are a true return to the things which made TRUE great to begin with, and I couldn't be happier.*

TRUE is back, and with a small amount of vengeance. Great!

* Well, I could be, but that would involve a rebirth of the Sensei, and some more shoes for my kiddo @NatalieB, but we'll wait to see what the rest of 2016 holds… ;-)

true6.jpgtrue4.jpg

true2.jpg

true3.jpg

true5.jpg

true1.jpg

Thanks for the post. Do you think they improved the wear on the sole? My Motions wore out too fast and the Elements appear to have the same sole.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 3/26/2016 at 8:40 AM, boogielicious said:

Thanks for the post. Do you think they improved the wear on the sole? My Motions wore out too fast and the Elements appear to have the same sole.

I'm curious about this myself, my Motions wore out so fast it was ridiculous.

@iacas thanks for the great review!  I'm glad to be able to jump back on the TRUE bandwagon, I've been worried about new shoes for this year, absolutely nothing was appealing to my minimalist preferences.  Also your insight into the sizing just saved me some headaches!

#bringbackthesensei

Brad

• Administrator
1 hour ago, bradsul said:

I'm curious about this myself, my Motions wore out so fast it was ridiculous.

My Motions are okay, but the rubber on the new ones feels fairly different. Firmer. The Motion rubber feels much softer.

• 1 month later...

Well, I found an issue with cleaning my shoe. 

I think it's a combo of walking in them and cleaning them. The area of the shoe that creases when you walk, do the rolling of the weight from the back of the foot to the toes, has formed a hole when I tried to clean my shoes this evening. This is only the 2nd time I tried to clean my shoes. 

IMG_0458.JPG

That V shape area that sits underneath the top mesh layer is where my shoe creases when I walk. While I was scrubbing tonight with the oxyclean I saw that this hole formed in the top layer mesh layer of the shoe. 

I highly recommend that those who want to clean these shoes do not scrub them. Also, I would watch for any wear in the top mesh layer in areas that bend a lot when you walk. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably going to take the TRUE Linkswear plunge and get a pair of these. Just found out that my current shoes are no longer water-resistant, which is a big deal since I plan on getting back to playing early morning rounds again.

I've never been a big fan of their designs except for a couple of shoes (and even then, I wasn't 100% on the color choices), but if these are as good as everyone says they are I can live with them.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have the grey/lime elements and I think they are a big improvement over the motions both in terms of fit/comfort and actually being waterproof.  However, I have the same issues keeping them clean.

After stepping onto some spongy ground in a hazard where water seeped up around the toe, I just can't seem to get the dingy tint out.  I tried oxyclean with a paper towel and also that foamy athletic shoe cleaner but they only helped so much.  Kind of a bummer given the cost and the rest of the positives with these shoes.  

Note: This thread is 2505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!