IGNORED

A very big guy that enjoys walking

Eack
Note: This thread is 2976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like to walk also and use a push cart.  I'm 58 years old, I wouldn't carry a bag, all that setting down and lifting back up... fine I suppose until you have a bad back and carrying may be what actually causes that bad back.  

The push carts have umbrella holders, with a selfie stick that collapses to about 8" you should be good to go with your camera.

I use this one and have maybe 150 rounds on it, it has worked great ( Caddytek One-click Folding 4 Wheel Golf Push Cart ). Note that stand bags fit well on this cart, and of course cart bags fit too.  http://www.costco.com/golf-bags.html

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, colin007 said:

does anyone know anything about the Big Max Blade carts?

I talked to them at the PGA show. Very light and compact. If I didn't already have a good cart that would be the way I'd want to go.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

6 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

I talked to them at the PGA show. Very light and compact. If I didn't already have a good cart that would be the way I'd want to go.

the only thing holding me back is the small front wheel.  i feel like the bigger wheels roll better, even though thats just speculation - i actually dont know if bigger wheels roll better/more easily than smaller wheels.

Colin P.

29 minutes ago, colin007 said:

the only thing holding me back is the small front wheel.  i feel like the bigger wheels roll better, even though thats just speculation - i actually dont know if bigger wheels roll better/more easily than smaller wheels.

My SM reflex has smaller wheels and rolls just fine.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I've got a ClicGear.  Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but I figure I'll get 10 years or more out of it, so I wasn't too worried about the cost.  Sometimes I'll just carry my bag, though, if I'm only playing 9 or if I'm feeling spritely.  If I play with my son, I let him use the push cart, even though his bag is half the weight of mine.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

On 3/1/2016 at 4:37 PM, Eack said:

Hey TST,  

Let me start off by saying one thing I'm a BIG guy close to 350 lbs.  I thoroughly enjoy walking the course for multiple reasons.  

The first is cost,  at roughly $15 per 9 hole round or about $850 a year for unlimited rental.  That alone is a huge added expense.  

Second is the frame of mind I stay in during a round when walking.  I find it easier to blow off the steam from a bad shot. Riding in a cart always seems to be darting through the course looking for a ball and swinging at it for me.  Very quick but sometimes not thoroughly thought out.  

The third reason is simply I enjoy walking through the course and seeing many things that blow past on a cart, birds bugs animals etc....  

One of many questions I have is what push or pull cart do you use and recommend?

I mainly carry my bag when i walk and it seems like everything will start to add to much to enjoy the game. I'm starting a YouTube channel solely to document my journey of trying to get and maintain a scratch handicap.  This means I carry a camera around now and that's a hassle carrying my bag also.  My setup is not going to be anything fancy just a gopro and the gooseneck attachment,  but I digress....  

I've got a few friends that have click gear carts they seem nice but are pricey and they don't seem to have many issues.  I've got an old Dunlop two wheel pull behind that works but it isn't the best thing around. 

So to sum it all up,  walkers (not zombies). What do you use? Do any of you vlog like I'm planning on doing?

I use a 3 wheel push trolley. I had an electric one, and for several reasons I didn't get on with it. With regards to your green fees. I belong to a club in the UK and pay £350 a year, that's about $500 per year unlimited play

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

On 3/1/2016 at 0:16 PM, boogielicious said:

I use a Sun Mountain Micro Cart. I really like it.

+1

I have the new different Sun mountain and am not super impressed. I had the micro before and liked it much more.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

I use a 3 wheel push trolley. I had an electric one, and for several reasons I didn't get on with it. With regards to your green fees. I belong to a club in the UK and pay £350 a year, that's about $500 per year unlimited play

The quote was for adding on unlimited electric cart.  The actual golfing pass is another $800 so that's $1600 yearly.  It just gets to pricey for a sub par course.

3 hours ago, Eack said:

The quote was for adding on unlimited electric cart.  The actual golfing pass is another $800 so that's $1600 yearly.  It just gets to pricey for a sub par course.

Hey Nebraska... we're neighbors.  I'm in the northeast corner of Colorado, less than 50 miles from the Nebraska border going either north or east.  I'm a pretty big guy too (291 and dropping), but at age 69 I probably don't carry my weight as well as you do so I'm working on doing something about it.  If you are relatively close (I know that Nebraska is a long state and Omaha is almost a day's drive away), we might try to hook up sometime.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

32 minutes ago, Eack said:

Colorado is a long drive for me.  Looking at 4-5 hours just to the border

That's what I was afraid of.  Maybe some day it will work out.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

1 hour ago, Fourputt said:

That's what I was afraid of.  Maybe some day it will work out.

Maybe,  I've been wanting to see if the altitude effects my distance at all

I will be starting my 3rd season with my Caddytek caddy lite 3 wheel push cart. I recommend this. Cheaper than a clicgear and so far for me durable and easy to set up and take down. The detractors against using a push cart may  change their minds later.  The use of push carts mostly 3 wheeled, some 4 is extensive here in New Brunswick.  Courses may offer pull carts but everyone who is not a rider seems to have one. Clicgear, Sun Mountain Caddytek are all popular. Mine comes from Costco and I would buy it again.

On 3/1/2016 at 4:37 PM, Eack said:

Hey TST,  

Let me start off by saying one thing I'm a BIG guy close to 350 lbs.  I thoroughly enjoy walking the course for multiple reasons.  

The first is cost,  at roughly $15 per 9 hole round or about $850 a year for unlimited rental.  That alone is a huge added expense.  

Second is the frame of mind I stay in during a round when wanking.  I find it easier to blow off the steam from a bad shot. Riding in a cart always seems to be darting through the course looking for a ball and swinging at it for me.  Very quick but sometimes not thoroughly thought out.  

The third reason is simply I enjoy wanking through the course and seeing many things that blow past on a cart, birds bugs animals etc....  

One of many questions I have is what push or pull cart do you use and recommend?

I mainly carry my bag when i walk and it seems like everything will start to add to much to enjoy the game. I'm starting a YouTube channel solely to document my journey of trying to get and maintain a scratch handicap.  This means I carry a camera around now and that's a hassle carrying my bag also.  My setup is not going to be anything fancy just a gopro and the gooseneck attachment,  but I digress....  

I've got a few friends that have click gear carts they seem nice but are pricey and they don't seem to have many issues.  I've got an old Dunlop two wheel pull behind that works but it isn't the best thing around. 

So to sum it all up,  wankers (not zombies). What do you use? Do any of you vlog like I'm planning on doing?

That's a disgusting post :-D

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

If you play a lot, it pays to spend the extra money on a quality cart.    I don't walk anymore, but I used to and walked 100+ rounds a year.   The cheap carts break...that's a fact! LOL

I finally spent the extra money on an expensive cart and it was indestructible!    That's my advice....pay extra and get something nice! 

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

1 minute ago, BuckeyeNut said:

If you play a lot, it pays to spend the extra money on a quality cart.    I don't walk anymore, but I used to and walked 100+ rounds a year.   The cheap carts break...that's a fact! LOL

I finally spent the extra money on an expensive cart and it was indestructible!    That's my advice....pay extra and get something nice! 

If I get half the time playing that I want I'll be looking at 175 rounds this year.  Don't know how walking will affect this situation this year though.  I was it Friday looking around in Dick's and saw top flight had a nice cart that I liked. The bag boys are to pricey imo

25 minutes ago, Eack said:

If I get half the time playing that I want I'll be looking at 175 rounds this year.  Don't know how walking will affect this situation this year though.  I was it Friday looking around in Dick's and saw top flight had a nice cart that I liked. The bag boys are to pricey imo

I looked at the Dicks selection online.  If you plan to walk 175 rounds in a year, I wouldn't pay less than $200 for a cart. I'd recommend one of the bagboys or sun mountain carts in the $200-250 price range.  I saw 2 topflite bags.... one was a cheapo for $99 and another was $149.  Without looking at the $149 model, I can't comment on it.   Based on my past experiences with carts if I was in the market for one today............. I'd choose between the sun mountain or bagboy.  For the dedicated golfer that plays a lot, the inexpensive carts are flimsy and will break before you know it.  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 2976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!