IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On March 10, 2016 at 8:14 AM, iacas said:

For the discussion of the 2016 Masters, to be played April 7-10 at some muni course named Augusta National GC.

Who will win? Who will be the surprise story? Will Jordan Spieth get out of his funk?

Well it looks like Jordan got out of his funk big time.  On the Ping Driver contest I picked Rory and will stick with him.  However, it looks like the scoring will be much higher than I thought.  It also looks like it will be a close contest.

So, this is what we want. Rory and Jordan in the final group on the weekend at a major. Let's see what happens. Hopefully they are in the last group Sunday. I sure do miss Tiger and Rocco, Bob May, and Dimarco. 

8 minutes ago, Chris E said:

So, this is what we want. Rory and Jordan in the final group on the weekend at a major. Let's see what happens. Hopefully they are in the last group Sunday. I sure do miss Tiger and Rocco, Bob May, and Dimarco. 

So are you comparing Rocco, Bob May. and Dimarco to Jordan or Rory? Seems like a fair comparison to me, LOL!

4 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

So are you comparing Rocco, Bob May. and Dimarco to Jordan or Rory? Seems like a fair comparison to me, LOL!

Not quite. It was a shout out to Tiger's dominance, where it got boring especially since he had no consistent rival.  I like this alot better. 

1 hour ago, pumaAttack said:

I like his demeanor a lot more after that interview.  Took his bad bounce and is moving on.  Would love to see this kid compete over the weekend.

I watched him pretty closely today, but I still don't get it. Does he take something off his swing with short clubs, or are the faces of his short irons not as 'groovy' so to say? If he swings the same tempo with a face of a normal 9 iron it would spin back 50 feet. I watched a shot today on a later hole with a short iron that didn't hold the green. I need another beer. 

46 minutes ago, Howling Coyote said:

You don't like the other Watson?  Just wondering why?

Lol I don't like either Watson. They're both holier than thou sanctimonious pricks. IMHO.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol I don't like either Watson. They're both holier than thou sanctimonious pricks. IMHO.

They are not really comparable. I don't like Tom W for various reasons, but putting them in the same boat is out of whack. That's pretty rich coming from a TW fanboy.

31 minutes ago, colin007 said:

...And you're an un-sanctimonious one?

DeChambeau did take unplayable on his first drive but opted for the tee because he 'had no shot' on the drop.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

Looking at the weather for tomorrow, the guys teeing off between 10-1 are gonna get the worst of it. The later you tee off, the better. Winds actually supposed to start dying around 5 or 6. The problem with tomorrow's winds are it's going to be more of a north wind, the cold wind. That's the wind that we saw wreak havoc in the third round in 2007. Looks like temps will struggle to hit 60. I'm willing to bet only 3 or 4 guys are left under par after tomorrow.

Edited by ChrisP

JEFF KNOX ALERT

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5 hours ago, natureboy said:

Kisner puts a tee in the fringe to remind him of his initial read after he finishes walking it off. Great putt!

Just figured out you can back up the feed if you miss something.

I don't have a problem with that. Look for the PGA to have a problem with it, after Augusta says they don't like it.

Hoping for a good round from Rory and would love to see a Spieth meltdown. Right now no one in golf irritates me as much as Spieth, dont really know why, just seems kind of fake :mellow:

• Upvote 3

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!