IGNORED

MB's Driving Accuracy Thread

Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here is 2 videos from the most consistent drivers on any professional golf tours right now. You will notice at impact they are very level and are not hanging back much at all. There has to be something to this key being they are in the 80% plus range on driving accuracy stats. There may be someone straighter out there on some tour, but these are what I found and it's pretty clear at impact they don't hang back much and have less,but still some spine tilt at address. Something to think about here if you find your self spraying the ball and would gladly give up 15 yards for more fairways. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Here is 2 videos form the most consistent drivers on any professional golf tours right now. You will notice at impact they are very level and are not hanging back much at all. There has to be something to this key being they are in the 80% plus range on driving accuracy stats. There may be someone straighter out there on some tour, but these are what I found and it's pretty clear at impact they don't hang back much and have less,but still some spine tilt at address. Something to think about here if you find your self spraying the ball and would gladly give up 15 yards for more fairways. 

What exactly is there to think about?

I would never give up 15 yards for more accuracy.  

Now, in order for us to have a conversation starter go ahead and show us tour pros who are hanging back unlike the two you posted.  Otherwise, you will see how this amounts to here is a video of a for player, now go ahead and emulate them for good contact and accuracy..  Which, someone could post any tour pro video and basically say the same thing, but does it really count as advice?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

This is in reference to something along these lines at impact. More powerful yes, but clearly not a straight and as we know Tiger finds the sand more often than David Hasslehoff.:-D

TigerHead.jpg

2 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

What exactly is there to think about?

I would never give up 15 yards for more accuracy.  

Now, in order for us to have a conversation starter go ahead and show us tour pros who are hanging back unlike the two you posted.  Otherwise, you will see how this amounts to here is a video of a for player, now go ahead and emulate them for good contact and accuracy..  Which, someone could post any tour pro video and basically say the same thing, but does it really count as advice?

It's a tip dude something that I thought of and reasoned that there has to be a reason why  80% plus fairway finders hit the fairway so often. Any golf tip or instructional advice comes from alternate sources and is then expanded on. I'm sure if you analyzed straight hitters this is something that they would have in common with.  ''I would never give up 15 yards for more accuracy''. Really have fun hitting your second shot 130 yards in from the dirt behind a small tree while I play from 150 yards in the shortgrass where you can hit the green. 

Edited by Mike Boatright

18 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

This is in reference to something along these lines at impact. More powerful yes, but clearly not a straight and as we know Tiger finds the sand more often than David Hasslehoff.:-D

TigerHead.jpg

It's a tip dude something that I thought of and reasoned that there has to be a reason why  80% plus fairway finders hit the fairway so often. Any golf tip or instructional advice comes from alternate sources and is then expanded on. I'm sure if you analyzed straight hitters this is something that they would have in common with.  ''I would never give up 15 yards for more accuracy''. Really have fun hitting your second shot 130 yards in from the dirt behind a small tree while I play from 150 yards in the shortgrass where you can hit the green. 

You didn't get what I said.  I am asking what is your tip other than "do what these guys do?"

Yes, I would take the 20 yards you mentioned over being in the short grass any day of the week.. Without the obstruction of course, but the question wasn't would you rather be 15 yards ahead with a tree in your way either.

Eyad

(edited)

Seems to be a commonality with straight hitters here is Jerry Kelly 2 or 3 in driving accuracy Pga Tour. Notice set up less spine tilt \ and at impact 14 sec mark consequently less spine tilt straighter shots. 

:-P lol he didn't like the shot though,still good example.

Edited by Mike Boatright

I have absolutely no interest in compromising anything in my swing that has to do with speed. I need all the speed I can get. I'd rather work on my swing with a qualified instructor so I can get the most out of what I got. 

@Mike Boatright You're not a qualified instructor. 

Constantine

2 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Seems to be a commonality with straight hitters here is Jerry Kelly 2 or 3 in driving accuracy Pga Tour. Notice set up less spine tilt \ and at impact 14 sec mark consequently less spine tilt straighter shots. 

I am willing to bet big bucks that you just made all of this stuff right now and reality is that you have no idea why these guys hit "straighter shots". 

I also don't think what you are saying plays that big of a role in their accuracy either... Hey are tour pros they are fu*****g good and they do a whole bunch of things extremely well at the same time.  While people that suck like me have a lot more to worry about than the set up.. 

Mir is the easiest thing to fix in a golf swing, in fact I think I fixed my set up, grip, ect all in one week of working with the guys here and guess what I'm still shooting in the 90s because set up accounts for the smallest percentage improvement of anything else.

Eyad

1 minute ago, JetFan1983 said:

You're not a qualified instructor. 

I guess... Iv'e played in college mini tours,high school eat sleep and breath golf read books have read hundreds of golf magazine articles study the game you know learn. I'd say i'm very qualified I'm still learning but what is qualified? Some guy who has a class A card works in a shop and has been around the game 5 years and been trained in a facility, or someone like me who has been around the game 20+ years and has extensive knowledge? Who do you trust more a med school grad or a doc who is 60 years old and has experience and has seen the ropes. I have enough knowledge to say I'm qualified to a point.

Your reference to club head speed may or may not apply were talking face angle here right? You hit different shots on the golf course sometimes a chip sometimes a flop it's never the same. I can say the same goes for full shots you open up for a fade or close the face for a draw right? Well now you know how to hit the straight ball congratulations new shot learned.

1 minute ago, Mike Boatright said:

I guess... Iv'e played in college mini tours,high school eat sleep and breath golf read books have read hundreds of golf magazine articles study the game you know learn. I'd say i'm very qualified I'm still learning but what is qualified? Some guy who has a class A card works in a shop and has been around the game 5 years and been trained in a facility, or someone like me who has been around the game 20+ years and has extensive knowledge? Who do you trust more a med school grad or a doc who is 60 years old and has experience and has seen the ropes. I have enough knowledge to say I'm qualified to a point.

Your reference to club head speed may or may not apply were talking face angle here right? You hit different shots on the golf course sometimes a chip sometimes a flop it's never the same. I can say the same goes for full shots you open up for a fade or close the face for a draw right? Well now you know how to hit the straight ball congratulations new shot learned.

Well, it's funny that you have so much knowledge that you think you open up for a fade and close for a draw..  I think enough said here.

Eyad

14 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

You didn't get what I said.  I am asking what is your tip other than "do what these guys do?"

They have less backwards spine tilt at address and consequently return to square at impact more often.

1 minute ago, Abu3baid said:

Well, it's funny that you have so much knowledge that you think you open up for a fade and close for a draw..  I think enough said here.

What> This is basics 101 it's common golf knowledge that you can open or close your stance to hit a fade and draws or adjust the face angle like Jack Nicklaus it's debatable of what technique works better sure,but kinda golf teaching intro stuff.

32 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

set up accounts for the smallest percentage improvement of anything else.

Jack Nicklaus quoted that you can have a perfect swing and a bad setup and still hit a terrible golf shot vs just an average swing and perfect setup to produce reasonable golf shots. In other words it's 90% of it. No I didn't make this Iv'e tinkered with this idea for years and just kinda thought if 20 minutes ago. Guess what look at the videos it's right there they do what I say and as a result they are hitting 78 to 85% of the fairways that's like a robot. If you wanna hit it long copy long if you wanna hit it straight do what they do seems logical.

37 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

This is your problem. You are not qualified. You are just regurgitating stuff you find on the web. Stop. It is not helping anyone.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Mike Boatright said:

Credibility has now reached the negatives. I'm not sure if you understand the physics of ball flight. But then again, your grammar, punctuation and sentence structure is so ****ing brutal I'm not really sure what you're saying. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 hour ago, Mike Boatright said:

Mini Tours? Lol. Come on @Mike Boatright, I don't even believe you're a 5 handicap. Your post history has consistently demonstrated a lack of golf expertise as well as an inability to distinguish between credible and unreliable source material.

TIP: If you want to fool people, you need to come up with believable lies.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

This is your problem. You are not qualified. You are just regurgitating stuff you find on the web. Stop. It is not helping anyone.

Exactly. It is not helping.

It may be that Mike is like other lower hc golfers - they can play but they can't teach via postings. And when they attempt it, it's a disaster.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

2 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Mini Tours? Lol. Come on @Mike Boatright, I don't even believe you're a 5 handicap. Your post history has consistently demonstrated a lack of golf expertise as well as an inability to distinguish between credible and unreliable source material.

TIP: If you want to fool people, you need to come up with believable lies.

I for one, would like to know what TST considers credible, an unreliable source material(s) when it come golf instruction?

I know the book, LSW will be at the top of of the list, which is understandable. But surely there are other avenues of instruction that would work too.

As for unreliable sources, perhaps this information would help others from going down the wrong road of instruction.

Just a thought.

My apologies if this question is off topic, but it came to mind while reading this thread. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

52 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Exactly. It is not helping.

It may be that Mike is like other lower hc golfers - they can play but they can't teach via postings. And when they attempt it, it's a disaster.

As Dirty Harry once said, "good man knows his limitations..."  :beer:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!