IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5/4  Today is a "I hate this game" day.

Played 6 or 7 holes today.  The high school golf team had a meet?  tournament?  whatever... This is the first time in 3 seasons that I've actually been there at the same time.  I think they were delayed because of heavy rains that came through right when they would have started.  In any event, they played painfully slow so I played 9, 1, 8, 2,  7 (lost my tee shot in the woods and went straight to 8), 8, 9.

Nothing I did on the course made me happy except one sort-of-bogey and a couple of decent drives.  

Traveling for work tomorrow and Friday.  There's a range about 10 minutes from my hotel so I'll take a few clubs and either go there or putt in my hotel room.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Busy day. Did some A1 to A4 drills using my glassed office door for a mirror.

I'm really hit-and-miss about getting my left shoulder under my chin at the top. Chin-under seems to help me get deep hands on takeaway, and a more consistent hand position at top. 

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Doing more of the same. Trying to incorporate proper alignment into my setup routine.

My back swing transition move is a little less tense now. Still working on limiting how far I go without any tension.

Yup, way off alignment. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

May 4, 2016: Played 18 holes at Shannopin CC. Played reasonably well, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Didn't go to the range like I wanted to, but I did go to the golf shop nearest me to find out how much it will cost to replace the crumbling grip on my putter. While I was there, I spent a few minutes checking my alignment on their putting green.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Worked on pitching with bounce and putting with wedge chipping and pitching techniques in the backyard.  Also quite a bit of pratice of key # 6 bouncing the ball on a wedge just kidding but i do think it's odd that it seems that guys that do that well are usually a lot better than me. 

Worked on shallowing swing from the top of the downswing. Mirror work at home. Reviewed Grant Waite and Robert Rock swings and compared to mine to see how the heck it is that I get so steep. 

Also prepped camera tripod for use at range soon- hopefully tomorrow.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Did a decent amount of practicing today.  I've spent the last 2 weeks almost totally in my head so it's nice to swing the club more than just a little.  I worked on this new move I acquired over the last couple of days.  This feeling of visualizing impact and then "swinging from there". It feels like the club is way more in front of me the whole time and I'm still dumping lag, my downswing is still going *out* not *down* (albeit later) and all that .. but getting better and better.  

The images in this pic, from left to right are from (about) 4/6, 4/18 and the one on the far right is the last swing I just took.  They say the "toughest 6 inches in golf are in between your ears" . .not for me, ha ha.  

Image.jpg

That's right - I practice in my slippers, lol. 

Edited by Rainmaker

Played 18 yesterday. It started out not too bad weather-wise. But it ended cold, windy and rainy (high 40s). 

Today I did mirror work for 10 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 hours ago, Lihu said:

Yup, way off alignment. . .

20 degrees open shoulders at setup when not managing it. Wow, way off. My swing path is OTT once I corrected it because I am not yet comfortable with it.

Doing alignment setup with a mirror. Going to spend a day just standing in place in a setup position with the proper shoulder alignment.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Recorded video at range of swing drills to shallow club. Slow from A4 to A6, check positions, then full swing. Then watch video. Repeat.

Quite humbling. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

5/5/16:

Cinco de Mayo,

Worked on putting distance control on my lag putting with Alina this morning playing pull-back. (Alina doesn't have to pull back), she whooped me pretty good.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Played a quick round after work today, trying to put into place some of the work I've been doing on the range. Went well for about 7 holes then all slowly started unraveling as only golf can. Pleasing to be able to take the changes to the course though and look forward to grinding them in a bit more.

Hi, My name is Matt.

Continued My tee shot drill for 30 minutes and 10 minutes chipping drill both inside hitting into net. Doing this slow motion tee shot drill I notice things to try on next visit to range. For example, what happens when I exaggerate weight forward move, or differences when hands are high or lower at the top of the backswing.

Under construction, signature and game.

Went to gym before work today. Did resistance work, including the TPI's lateral pulldown routine.

Also did all eight golf-specific routines on the TrueStretch cage.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• Administrator

May 5, Played nine holes with @NatalieB.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Five minutes doing slow swings without a club in front of a mirror. 

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!