IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played 18 today. Had hoped for better results, but, golf is hard. Had a nice 3 hole run, bogey, bogey, par, on the back nine. The par was a fairway hit, GIR and 2 putt. 

Back to drills tomorrow 

Under construction, signature and game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I practiced with my mat and net for about 30 minutes this afternoon.  I played 9 holes yesterday and I totally reverted to my bad, ott, casting swing on the course.  I didn't try to fix it but I could certainly feel it.  So today I was kind of expecting to have to work a bit at getting my "good swing" back . .but it wasn't the case.  I just hit for about 30 minutes, all short irons.  Quite a bit of slo-mo mapping.  I did not work on my weight shift or transition today - just the inline impact and "not casting it" bit. 

I guess I'll probably have to work on it for a while in practice before I start to see it on the course.  I still played pretty well, by my standards .. but I think I will pretty quickly drop a couple strokes per side once I stop casting it on the golf course. 

Rain came back, but the week ahead looking good. Mirror work for 5 minutes only today. Worked on backswing only. Left arm less loose- when I get to the top and shoulders stop rotation, then stop my darn arms there. No more arms and "elbowy" continuation. Worked on wrist position at the top, both flattening and making sure a good wrist cock. Right elbow in front, with "straight right arm" feel. Maybe 15 reps in mirror.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Demo Day!!!

Went to the Pro Tee demo day in Wood River, IL. Solid Impact Golf, a fitting shop, is located there. Got in about three hours, with a few breaks here and there, of trying out different clubs.

Manufacturing reps were TaylorMade, Ping, Callaway, Tour Edge, Mizuno and Cobra.

Ping: Did some follow-up on the Glide wedges which I had tried at a prior demo day. Focused on the 56* SS (standard sole) and 56* ES (Eye sole, with convex groove in sole). Ball really jumped with both soles. The ES seemed to be better from tight lies, and a bit more forgiving. The 47* SS really carried well for distance. Also tried some irons. The i irons with the AWT R-flex flew really well.

Also tried some of the Cobra F6 hybrids, compared to last year's FlyZ which I have. Both models really jumped, both from fairway or light rough. Could fell much difference between the two models.

Also tried some Tour Edge. I'll post that info in the thread on @onthehunt526 's hybrid adventure.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

5/21/16:

Laid up in bed most of the day sick. I practiced putting for about 10 minutes before work today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Played nine yesterday. Had some good shots and some misses. Still work to do.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Working at my net on the same . . .

Reviewing some videos I took yesterday at the range at 30 and 60fps.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Played today, some success in transferring my training to the course. Then blew up on a few small pitches and chips which I'd really been working hard on. Good day all in all though.

Hi, My name is Matt.

5/22/16:

Worked on wedges from 50-100 yards today Focusing on taking the Club back inside...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15 minutes of slow motion mirror mapping A4 to A7. Trying to get it to feel more natural. Visualize throwing a ball, or hitting tennis backhand to make it feel more flowing rather than hitting the positions. Also focused on not raising my head/butt moving forward (at fast speed, I definitely stand up). Feels like I can do it ok in slow motion.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Played 18 struggled wasnt comfortable over the ball.  Felt stuck at set up which produced a lot of blocks.  Going to work moving my setup around a lil to see if I can find a go to get out of jail free card

5/22 

Slow full swings, focused on takeaway and initial downswing.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Worked on game. Spent 20 minutes on lag putts and 3- to 10-footers.

Next, I worked on inside 20-yard shots with 8i and 54* wedge. Did some up-and-down drills. I also tried some 58* shots, as the grass around the practice green was really shaggy in places. 

Tomorrow I play in the school athletic department scramble, and I expect I'll find a lot of shaggy greenside - it's been raining a lot in the area, and I suspect some of the low spots around the holes may not get mowed.

One tip from the Tour Edge guy at Demo Day - On some of my shots, I'm locking out the right knee, which leads to severe pulls or reverse pivots. So, I'm focusing on keeping the knee fluid and partially flexed.

The AT&T broadcast today showed some footage of Jordan Speith on the BizHub swing camera. He was locking his knee and hitting pulls, and the slow-motion mirrored just what the TE rep was describing and showing to me.

Basic difference - When Jordan does it, he gets a bogie. When I do it, I often get a &#@*!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Setup and hitting five irons to the net.  It sounds counter intuitive and hasnt been proven on course yet but I am noticing that if I set up with the club face square to target I tend to hit a lot of blocks or pulls hitting a good bit behind the ball as well.  I also can feel stuck or cramped over the ball. So tonight I started taking my neutral/ strong grip and when I addressed the ball I had the face open and good amount of shaft lean , and I could "feel" me closing the face on the down swing. When I went back to normal setup blocks again no "feeling" of the face closing of anything it was the opposite. Have to prove on the course and certainly isn't advice I would pass on to the next but we will see

Filming and hitting into a net yesterday. I worked on the transition from A4 to 5 getting my hips to lead. This helps keep the shaft flatter at A4. Total time was about 40 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Carried on working at the indoor range on the feedback from my last lesson, improving posture and removing up and down bob in the swing.

Hi, My name is Matt.

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

Working at my net on the same . . .

Reviewing some videos I took yesterday at the range at 30 and 60fps.

Still working on my "half swing" method. Trying to exercise a full turn at a slower speed and A6 to impact at "full" speed. This is going to take me some time to figure out so I'll be posting the same thing for a while yet. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!