IGNORED

2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

FS1 and FS2 both show no replay of the usopen.

I do like more shot tracers that Fox likes to deploy. Joe buck however ruins everything he touches.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, xcott said:

FS1 and FS2 both show no replay of the usopen.

I do like more shot tracers that Fox likes to deploy. Joe buck however ruins everything he touches.

That's what I really liked about ESPN's stream of The Open, it's available for streaming, each individual round, the whole thing, you can jump and go back to any point of the round, during the championship.

Fox streamed fine for me yesterday. Today, it is totally unreliable. 

Morning: 75.22, Afternoon: 73.27

Drive that hole!

ClK1Uc_XIAAXYGj.jpg

Dads worth a gazillion dollars, doing what all fathers do. Finding Dory?

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What does DJ have to score today to be in complete control of this championship at the start of the third round?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

God I miss this theme. And not a Yanni fan. Fox's openings don't have the drama that NBC did.

i get what this piece is going for, it just isn't doing it for me.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

What does DJ have to score today to be in complete control of this championship at the start of the third round?

If he shoots another 67, hes sitting pretty and will prolly have at least a 3-shot lead going into weekend. But we learned from Sf Andrews last year that he can lose control fast.

3 minutes ago, rolopolo said:

Seems like folk are very upset with Jamie Donaldson, FFS it's not like he killed a child or s'thing :-\

what did he do

Riley

7RePHPF.jpg

7 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

what did he do

Twitter is our friend:

Tommy Bolt is smiling from above:

Steve

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Tommy Bolt is smiling from above:

If you are going to lose your cool, might as well REALLY lose it!

- John

2 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

If you are going to lose your cool, might as well REALLY lose it!

Gotta go the full Bolt:

tumblr_m5m4q7Ho9A1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

This is more like it, talking golf on a golf forum:

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 5.37.29 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Steve

I really like the sidebar overhead trajectory thingy. Should combine that with a side view trajectory and then include all three trajectories (or trajs to TW) for comparison.

Is Fowler gonna wear all orange so he can match the Protracer orange line?

Steve

17 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Its amazing how much disrepect that fox is showing Phil.Havent even showed him for a hour.They show DJ, Day and  all people Piercy.Would be nice to see more than 4 guys play.

Phil is at +4...Piercy is a couple shots off the lead. Day is the #1 in the world (and they aren't showing him that much).

- John

Sullivan, Landry, Piercy? Where are these guys coming from? Lol Piercy could be about 10-under right now if he could make a 3-footer.

Course playing pretty easy right now. 20 guys under par for their second round....12 of them are 2-under or better. 

Edited by ChrisP

Note: This thread is 2851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!