IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2016

Note: This thread is 2863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Lihu said:

Key1 at airport, daughter was embarrassed. :-D

On plane doing drills in the galley.

Edit sent now after landing. In flight Wifi didn't work for some reason.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Range today. Working on my new lesson drill. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Read about an hour about putting and practiced the stroke. Too windy to enjoy outside.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

6/12/16:

Worked on 3/4 swings and getting that feeling down with all of my irons and wedges. Trying to be just straight up lethal with all of my irons. I feel I stay in better balance, and the ball starts off on line.

Played 23 today shot 50-45... Then played 5-6-7-8 and 9 in +3 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

12 hours ago, Lihu said:

On plane doing drills in the galley.

Edit sent now after landing. In flight Wifi didn't work for some reason.

Hit balls on the range okay with key 1, but once I got to driver I became "wild"again. Going to try turning in the lead foot straight instead of flared out 30 degrees again.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Working on key 1. Trying to use less forward press and not move the hips forward as much as before. Reducing my swing arc as much and working on the timing on the way down from A4 through A7.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

15 minutes mirror work at the gym. The drill is bring it back steep with late wrist hinge, then shallow from A4 to A6. The feel is a figure eight for the club head. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

6/13/16:

Worked on partial wedge shots today from inside of 75 yards... It's getting better. I've found if I put my feet close together, maintain my peripheral vision through the shot and accelerate through the shot. I actually hit these shots pretty well... With tournament season coming up... And the outing at CPC... My game is slowly coming around... Though I shot 95 yesterday.... In very difficult conditions (sustained winds in the 20s, gusts in the low 30s). I'm optimistic that on calmer days I will be able to score.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Slow motion swings and then a bunch of "parallel to parallel" drills. I'm getting more comfortable standing closer to the ball. My impact is quite good in the parallel to parallel drills although I haven't analyzed it on video yet.  I still can't make a swing much beyond parallel without losing my impact position. 

A lot of the things I was feeling, thoughts about weight shift, sway, etc were exaggerated because I was standing too far from the ball. 

I  cracked another golf ball today.  That makes 5 since I started lessons again in early March.  The balls I'm using are 5+ year old refurbs that I got on-line so they're pretty easy to wear out hitting the same ball over and over.  First I watch the dimples smooth out.  Then, when it's almost smooth, it cracks, lol.      

6/13/16

Worked on putting pre round. Played 11 1/2 holes. Managed to start the round out with 3 straight holes with drives in the fairway then I started leaking again. A bit frustrating.

On 6/12/2016 at 5:45 AM, Lihu said:

Key1 at airport, daughter was embarrassed. :-D

I did Key #3 on a hiking trail this weekend. My daughter just said "Daaaaaaad!" What, was I still too steep??

Took break today- tweaked my back a bit doing spring cleaning. But house looks decent and Advil works wonders. Probably rest back tomorrow too.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12 hours ago, Lihu said:

Working on key 1. Trying to use less forward press and not move the hips forward as much as before. Reducing my swing arc as much and working on the timing on the way down from A4 through A7.

Finally, feeling a little more controlled swing. Going to take a bit to I grain it, but my setup is feet less flared out and restrict backswing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

6/14/16:

Worked on tempo this morning without golf balls.... Trying to get the feeling of accelerating through the hitting zone without tensing up.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

13 hours ago, RandallT said:

I did Key #3 on a hiking trail this weekend. My daughter just said "Daaaaaaad!" What, was I still too steep??

Took break today- tweaked my back a bit doing spring cleaning. But house looks decent and Advil works wonders. Probably rest back tomorrow too.

Good one! My daughter just gave an slight "Oomph" type of sound when I showed her your post. :-D

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

Finally, feeling a little more controlled swing. Going to take a bit to I grain it, but my setup is feet less flared out and restrict backswing.

Did more "restrictive swings". Finding that I can still over swing, but am working on keeping proper form through the swing with slow motion mirror movements.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played 18 today in windy conditions. Nice day otherwise. Focused on the swing feel from my drill.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6/14/16

Hit a bucket of range and sorted out the driver. Hit mostly wedges after. Played 18. First nine was pretty solid, second not so much. Wind hurt me a bit, along with some poor loss of focus shots. Still pulled off a few good shots on the back to keep me interested.

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

Did more "restrictive swings". Finding that I can still over swing, but am working on keeping proper form through the swing with slow motion mirror movements.

Had a horrible range session, went to the bathroom. Came back out and stood up a little taller and suddenly I was hitting the center of my clubs again instead of the toe***.

Revising my setup checklist.

***I think I'll clean my clubs because of all the ugly ball marks on the toe. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

6/15/16:

Hit some foam balls in the yard with my 54° and 58° focusing on acceleration and weight forward. I feel as this is starting to come around. If I could just hit more GIR I'd be shooting better.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!