IGNORED

TST Fall NW PA/NE OH (Erie, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, etc.) Outing - August 13, 14

iacas
Note: This thread is 2821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

What the interwebs tell me, it's be like Waffle House hashbrowns. Scattered.

As far as a 17th man, anyone I know that might go would fall under the non-golfer category. Guys that don't do rules and don't have handicaps.

As for myself, I like mine "smothered" and "covered"!

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

FWIW, weather.com has only a 20% chance of rain on Sunday now (Saturday still doesn't look good).

Glad to hear we (might) have a 17th.

Yes, the forecasts change constantly. My buddy's Son was on vacation the first week of August, and we golfed it up! Played 5 times in 6 days. T'storms in the forecast every day, and we only saw a drop one day. We just battened down the hatches, rode it out, and finished the round.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

As for myself, I like mine "smothered" and "covered"!

Well, weather types have been known to get things wrong. Maybe we will get smothered and covered. Wouldn't be my preference though.

• Administrator

We've found our last player thanks to @Slice of Life!

1. @iacas Both (NC)
  2. @Jeremie Boop Both (17.3)
  3. @mcanadiens Both (21.4)
  4. @saevel25 Both (4.2)
  5. @vasaribm Both (14.3)
  6. @Slice of Life Both (19.1)
  7. @GolfLug Both (11.6)
  8. @georgep Both (8.1)
  9. @Hardspoon Both (24.3)
  10. @macdaddy18 Both (4.4)
  11. @Buckeyebowman Sunday (12.5)
  12. @Divot Master Both (10.6)
  13. @dave s Sunday (16.8)
  14. @dave s Dennis Sunday (19.6)
  15. @voodoo Sunday (8.2)
  16. @cupslam Both (+3.7)
  17. @Slice of Life Maxx Both (19.1)

Here are the two-man teams:

1. @Slice of Life (15.3), @Slice of Life Maxx (15.3)
  2. @dave s (13.4), @dave s Dennis (15.7)
  3. @Jeremie Boop (13.8), @macdaddy18 (3.5)
  4. @saevel25 (3.4), @cupslam (+4.4)
  5. @GolfLug (9.3), @Hardspoon (19.4)
  6. @Divot Master (8.5), @Buckeyebowman (10.0)
  7. @georgep (6.5), @vasaribm (11.4)
  8. @mcanadiens (17.1), @voodoo (6.6)

The pairings (foursomes) can be whatever y'all want them to be, with the idea that you play with some "new"people you've not met or played with in the past.

P.S. If for any reason the teams aren't fair or you want to change them, just PM me.

P.P.S. @macdaddy18 wishes to have the last tee time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Erik:

Pairings look good to me. Suggestion:  Maybe send group pairs # 3 and 4 off first.  Low-cappers who hit the ball a ton.  I played with Jeremy last year and he can hit it long.  My group (daves and Dennis (1) and Slice and Slice can go off in the second grouping if its ok with Slice and his partner.  I'd be more than happy to follow the big hitters and go off second grouping.

Slice Of Life:  Is it okay with you to be paired with me and Dennis and go off as the second group? We all seem to be of similar hdcp and skill level.

As an aside, Dennis and @daves will be at the course tomorrow around 8:15.

Looking forward to a fun round, gents.

dave 

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

17 minutes ago, dave s said:

Erik:

Pairings look good to me. Suggestion:  Maybe send group pairs # 3 and 4 off first.  Low-cappers who hit the ball a ton.  I played with Jeremy last year and he can hit it long.  My group (daves and Dennis (1) and Slice and Slice can go off in the second grouping if its ok with Slice and his partner.  I'd be more than happy to follow the big hitters and go off second grouping.

Slice Of Life:  Is it okay with you to be paired with me and Dennis and go off as the second group? We all seem to be of similar hdcp and skill level.

As an aside, Dennis and @daves will be at the course tomorrow around 8:15.

Looking forward to a fun round, gents.

dave 

I did message Erik last night to request one of the later times tomorrow, but it really isn't that critical.  I'll be happy to do whatever works for the rest of the group.  @cupslam and I would like to play together - he's also a local guy (Sandusky), but we rarely play together these days - if that's ok w/ our partners, @saevel25 and @Jeremie Boop.  @Hardspoon, sorry we don't get to try to defend together, but you're probably better off w/out having to carry me on your back to victory again!  Looking forward to the event and thinking very dry thoughts. . .

• Administrator
2 hours ago, dave s said:

Pairings look good to me. Suggestion:  Maybe send group pairs # 3 and 4 off first.  Low-cappers who hit the ball a ton.

I only made two-man teams. I didn't make foursomes or set the order of those foursomes.

BTW, everyone remember to bring your @GAME Golf units!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Anyone local up there able to give any insight on what the weather is doing today?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

6 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Anyone local up there able to give any insight on what the weather is doing today?

That right now 

image.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Hmm... not looking promising for tonight.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I'm at the hotel now. Rain is heavy and coming in horizontal. The friggin tv isn't working either. As soon as it slacks off a little, I'm going to the course, even if that means mostly sitting in the bar. 

Weather ... great.  And I'm supposed to be on stage playing music in Wooster, outdoors in this weather.  If we get our show in, it'll be a miracle.

Let's hope for dry weather tomorrow morning through early afternoon.

dave

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I only made two-man teams. I didn't make foursomes or set the order of those foursomes.

BTW, everyone remember to bring your @GAME Golf units!

Ok.  Certainly can wait until the morning.  Dennis and I can go off whenever and with whomever.  Teams 1 and 2 looks like a good match.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

• Administrator

I think at this point we'll probably just end up hanging out in the lounge here, drinking, eating, talking. Tonight.

Tomorrow still a go.

Note: This thread is 2821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!