IGNORED

Underwear for golfing?

Note: This thread is 2741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 7/26/2016 at 9:29 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Wow! Over 50%?! I got news. Try dealing with 80 to 90%! That's what we get for sitting North of the Gulf of Mexico!

I readily admit that I'm a baby when it comes to humidity. Thankfully I live in a place where I don't usually have to worry about it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's one thing I've discovered about moisture wicking underwear, particularly underpants. They can work perfectly, but will do you no good if you put a pair of cotton shorts or pants over them. You also need moisture wicking, breathable outerwear or you still wind up with a case of swamp ass!

Arrrgggh! More shopping to do!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Actually on really hot days, I just raid my wife's underwear drawer.  Probably the best I've worn.

—Adam

I just ordered some 2UNDR to try, as well as the Cariloha.  I tried Tommy John's and one ripped within days of wearing and the other one within a week.  For an expensive product, these things sucked.   I wouldn't order anymore from Tommy John.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Both the Cariloha and the 2UNDR are fantastic for golf play.  So far they are the most comfortable underwear I've worn while playing golf.  Recommend either to anyone.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 4 weeks later...
On July 6, 2016 at 6:21 PM, stealthhwk said:

My office averages 120 degrees this time of year and the golf courses around here 95-102 with a heat index five to eight degrees warmer. My go to are the adidas climalite performance boxer briefs. Or there are some very good ones from champion on amazon. Both are loads cheaper than your previous ones. The champion ones bunch less as they are a tad stiffer. The adidas wick sweat better but both stand up to my torture test so u should be fine with either. Good luck!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ISRCCLC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1467843561&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=mens+champion+boxer+briefs&dpPl=1&dpID=41Ztj0Gap8L&ref=plSrch 

Stealth, I agree 100%! And at work I wear them as well, I wear tuxedos every day and believe me it's friggin hot!

the adidas Trunk ones are best for me!  Haven chaffed since I started wearing them

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2016 at 0:17 PM, jsgolfer said:

Update: Both the Cariloha and the 2UNDR are fantastic for golf play.  So far they are the most comfortable underwear I've worn while playing golf.  Recommend either to anyone.

I agree 100% on the Cariloha.  That is all I wear all the time and they are much much better than regular boxers in the humid Mississippi heat.

My apologies - I thought this was going to be "yes" vs "no" poll

clearly you gentlemen are more nuanced than that

• Upvote 1

Bill - 

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

My apologies - I thought this was going to be "yes" vs "no" poll

clearly you gentlemen are more nuanced than that

Not sure there are many male golfers going commando.  :-O

-Jerry

6 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

But now you will be wondering when you get paired up. :-)

Lol

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!