IGNORED

Apple's September 7, 2016 Event

Note: This thread is 1779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll probably wait a few months before pulling the trigger to get a feel if it's something I really need to do. I'll have to look up how Verizon does their upgrade program. 

I will say the Airpods look ugly. I was never impressed with how well the apple headphones would stay in the ear. I would probably lose those with in the first month. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wake me up when the watch works without being accompanied by a phone. I want my watch to be my phone and talk into it like Dick Tracy.

Posted Images

Just now, saevel25 said:

I'll probably wait a few months before pulling the trigger to get a feel if it's something I really need to do. I'll have to look up how Verizon does their upgrade program. 

I will say the Airpods look ugly. I was never impressed with how well the apple headphones would stay in the ear. I would probably lose those with in the first month

I don't see myself dropping the coin to buy them either. I would be afraid of losing them too. 

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, skeedawg said:

Same here. I'm expecting the jet black will be in high demand. @iacas what storage are you getting? I'm thinking 128. I've about ⅔ of my 64 filled currently. Lots of kid pix and videos. ?

I'm not getting jet black. I've read it will scratch easily. Plain black it is.

128. I have 64 now and it's fine, but nearing the end. I will eventually offload a bunch of my pics and videos. They're already backed up on Dropbox anyway.

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I will say the Airpods look ugly. I was never impressed with how well the apple headphones would stay in the ear. I would probably lose those with in the first month.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2016/09/08/airpods-hands-on

I guess it will depend on how much they cost. 

I've just had bad experience with the typical Apple headphones when I am working out. If they changed the overall design on how they fit then that's a plus. 

On September 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM, skeedawg said:

Yeah I don't see the SE going away anytime soon because there's a large segment out there who want that form factor. Personally, I've gotten so used to my 6+ that anything smaller just doesn't feel right. 

I'm still using my three-year-old iPhone 5S, and I've been holding off on upgrading in the hopes the release of the 7 would spark a price drop on the SE. From what I've read, the 64GB SE has dropped by $50, and that's the one I've had my eye on.

• Administrator

It wasn't until about 3:04 or so that the store came online. But I ordered almost without incident.

I'd forgotten a Time Capsule I'd added to my cart a month ago, so I accidentally bought it too. I cancelled it a few minutes ago.

128 GB Black, due the 16th.

The only reason I knew about the water/dust proof standards they were talking about was because I looked it up when buying a .... doorbell. :-P Yes, I am anal.

I hope I won't be going in to a dense dust storm soon, but it's comforting to know my phone will be safe. :-P

Off topic, but I found a cool waterproof doorbell that doesn't require a battery, it uses the motion from pressing the ringer for energy.

11 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I'm still using my three-year-old iPhone 5S, and I've been holding off on upgrading in the hopes the release of the 7 would spark a price drop on the SE. From what I've read, the 64GB SE has dropped by $50, and that's the one I've had my eye on.

I've been doing the same. I like the size of my 5S but I'm ready for the faster processor of the SE. Seems to be good deals coming on them. Glad they didn't do away with the SE. 

I can't find the info anywhere, but is the SE getting an update with the iPhone 7 release, or is it the same SE as before?

Edited by Braivo

7 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I've been doing the same. I like the size of my 5S but I'm ready for the faster processor of the SE. Seems to be good deals coming on them. Glad they didn't do away with the SE. 

I can't find the info anywhere, but is the SE getting an update with the iPhone 7 release, or is it the same SE as before?

They only mentioned doubling the memory in the 6 and 6S, not the SE.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, allenc said:

Wake me up when the watch works without being accompanied by a phone. I want my watch to be my phone and talk into it like Dick Tracy.

You can do that now… with your phone in your pocket.

Why would you want your watch to be your phone? You'd likely be charged for yet another line by your cell carrier, the battery would die sooner, etc.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

You can do that now… with your phone in your pocket.

Why would you want your watch to be your phone? You'd likely be charged for yet another line by your cell carrier, the battery would die sooner, etc.

To simplify things by not carrying a phone at all.  Technology would have to sufficiently advance regarding battery life and fitting all the necessary goodies in there.  It certainly wouldn't need all the phone's functionality.  A few decent ways of communicating, GPS navigation,  and a lot of the stuff it does now.

45 minutes ago, allenc said:

I second this. The watch becomes infinitely more useful to me if it means I can leave my phone at home and still use it. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Braivo said:

I second this. The watch becomes infinitely more useful to me if it means I can leave my phone at home and still use it. 

Really? Infinitely more useful?

It's a pretty darn small screen, you realize… It's good for little things. Quick things. Notifications.

I love it for that… but that's about all it's good for.

I love and wear my Watch every day. But I still use my phone for the "bigger" tasks. Like any time I have to type anything… Or want to read something.

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Really? Infinitely more useful?

It's a pretty darn small screen, you realize… It's good for little things. Quick things. Notifications.

I love it for that… but that's about all it's good for.

I love and wear my Watch every day. But I still use my phone for the "bigger" tasks. Like any time I have to type anything… Or want to read something.

I'd like to have a watch phone to wear when I'm traveling, going out to dinner or playing golf but it could never replace my actual phone beyond those applications.  

Note: This thread is 1779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!