IGNORED

Golf Video Games

imsys0042
Note: This thread is 1841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, RussUK said:

You have to go a long way to beat Sensible Golf :-D

th?&id=OIP.Mde48353f47d7b494ceddf4b9844a27dao0&w=300&h=187&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

What console is that from?  Never see it before.

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

I can't go that far, but my favorite old-ish golf game was Peter Jacobsons Goldten Tee golf on playstation 1.  I know they have the arcade style still, but this on the PS1 was a lot of fun when I was a kid.

Never had a PS1... had a PS2 but no golf games for that.  Will look it up.

53 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

For you guys that play Tiger Woods/PGA Tour on the Wii, do you use a real practice swing with the controller, or do you do the little underhanded toss I see most gamers use?

Never tried a Wii.  Do you use the numchucks?

One of the Xbox ones could use the Kinect but I did not like it at all!

The best ever has to be the old Links games for the PC.  Use to play that for hours!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

What console is that from?  Never see it before.

Not from a console. It was from the Commodore Amiga. Came from the same guys whi brought us Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder. (music for all was done by Captain Sensible!)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

1 hour ago, Vinny Cap said:

Never tried a Wii.  Do you use the numchucks?

No, just the regular Wii controller. You can hold it in your left hand like a club. It senses motion.

Edited by Kalnoky

38 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Not from a console. It was from the Commodore Amiga. Came from the same guys whi brought us Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder. (music for all was done by Captain Sensible!)

WOW, I do not remember it.  I had an Amiga way back.  Loved that thing.  Awesome graphics!

This is what I played.    Image result for links golf for the amiga

*** Notice the EXCLUSIVE Ham Mode Graphics!!!! ***

Kids these days sure have it rough!!

Edited by Vinny Cap

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

• 2 years later...

Has anyone tried the "Nintendo Wii My Personal Golf Trainer With IMG Academies And David Leadbetter"? It's supposed to be a Training App more than a "Video Game". It supposedly analyzes your swing, balance, etc. and then gives you drills to improve.

It's on the "Wii" platform, so it's not something you just play with the controller. You take your stance on the "Wii Balance Board" and swing the controller as if it's a golf grip. It then analyzes your swing and gives you some feedback.

I'd try it myself, but I've read it is for Right Handed golfers only, and I'm a lefty. Is the "RH Only" limitation true?

However, if it's worthwhile, I might get it for my wife, she right-handed. I've seen it on Ebay for about $40, which isn't too bad if it's legit.

Way before I ever thought about trying to play golf myself, we got this one.

I enjoyed it, but my brothers and sisters made sure Golden Axe and Sonic the Hedgehog got the most play.

Related image

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I'd play it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Your smart golf practice, enjoy golf with game.

Anybody see or try this?

They had a kickstarter that I missed, but they are adding WGT support to it so it should have some decent graphics and a bunch of awesome courses that you can play.

Also the device just attaches to the end of you grip so you can use the stubby club they provide or your own club, and some reviews I've watched show that it has somewhat accurate results.

:whistle:

I like most of them!

One of my favorites is Awesome Golf on the Atari Lynx from the early 90s. I've been really enjoying the latest Mario Golf on 3DS lately, as well as some classic Links 2003 on PC.

I played Links on the computer and I played Nintendo Golf. You can play too here: 

fb-preview.jpg

Play Nintendo Golf on NES (Nintendo) online

It's particularly brutal because clearly, when I was a kid, even video game golfers played with persimmon woods and carried a 1 iron. You can also tell that fitness was not yet part of golf.

11 minutes ago, ladders11 said:

I played Links on the computer and I played Nintendo Golf. You can play too here: 

fb-preview.jpg

Play Nintendo Golf on NES (Nintendo) online

It's particularly brutal because clearly, when I was a kid, even video game golfers played with persimmon woods and carried a 1 iron. You can also tell that fitness was not yet part of golf.

Amazing, your post made me dig out the old golf game and I have just spent half an hour playing it. 

photo_2019-04-03_09-47-49.thumb.jpg.321c78d597eda905496f7348aec7146f.jpg

Nave

I have The Golf Club 2 and i have to say its very good. Love the fact there are so many courses you can play from the servers. Some are very very well done and others are so crap they are hilarious to play.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

14 hours ago, RussUK said:

I have The Golf Club 2 and i have to say its very good. Love the fact there are so many courses you can play from the servers. Some are very very well done and others are so crap they are hilarious to play.

Did not know about that game, thank you. I have just checked it out and found that there is a VR version of it, too:

Edited by Nave

Nave

Golfamania - Sega Master System

Tiger 05/06/12/13/14 - PS2/Xbox 360

My faves all time, still play them regularly, shame no one has worked out how to edit the Tiger games as other EA games have various editors/mods available.

Note: This thread is 1841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!