IGNORED

Presidential Candidates Debate

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am not particular a political person and while I do have opinions, I usually do not share them in this realm. Tomorrow's debate should be quite lively and unparalled. I am sure there will be lots of jabs in both directions. The republican nominee will undoubtedly goad and bait the other into saying something untoward, after all  he is a Master Baiter !

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to decide which is more masochistic: watching the debate, or watching the Falcons perform their annual choke job in New Orleans.

The Trump campaign, for their part, have set their expectations as low as humanly possible.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

3 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I have to decide which is more masochistic: watching the debate, or watching the Falcons perform their annual choke job in New Orleans.

The Trump campaign, for their part, have set their expectations as low as humanly possible.

never heard of Falcons  choking.  Is that anything like "choking the chicken"?

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I'll watch it for the same reason one watches a train wreck, morbid curiosity.  I doubt we will learn anything new about either candidate.  Seems the media focus is on what stupid comment Trump will make and whether or not Hillary passes out before it's over.  

Joe Paradiso

OK, let's consider the source of that article. Could be all "stuff and nonsense". But let's say that there is some substance there. One could "spin" it that Trump doesn't like speaking in sound bites. He'd rather be engaged, and responding to stimuli as they present themselves.

I can remember Al Gore's debates against "Dubya". A question would be asked of him, his head would turn slightly askew, his eyes would get a faraway look, and he'd freeze until his ROM would click into a match. Then, suddenly, he would reanimate and spout some pre-programmed answer. It was like watching a robot debate!

Well, I don't want to watch robots debate! I want to watch real people.

As far as the choices we have, I figure it's like being told that you're going to get a toothache. You have the choice of which side of your mouth you get it!

How many softball questions get lobbed at each candidate?

How many times will Trump say "Believe me!" and "It's like incredible" the word "tremendous" and "Crooked Hillary"

How many times Hillary will dance around the e-mail scandal? Will Hillary blow up?

Will Hillary challenge Trump to do arithmetic? Or will that be out of bounds? It will be interesting to hear how lowering taxes on the rich and lowering corporate taxes will balance the budget - I've heard that whopper before.

Will Trump challenge Hillary on the 2nd amendment?

Will Hillary challenge Trump on his pandering to the religious right with the "freedom of speech and religion" proposal to allow discrimination against GLBT people. 

Will either of them persuade me to not vote for Gary Johnson?

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

6 hours ago, StefanUrkel said:

It is only entertainment. I feel bad for people that actually thinks there is any big difference between the 2 candidates. 

I think that argument is normally valid. Not this year. I'd start out by saying their personalities are complete opposites.

Can you point out some similarities between the two?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

My thoughts are more on whether this thread gets locked like all other ones because folks can't help themselves. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

37 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

I think that argument is normally valid. Not this year. I'd start out by saying their personalities are complete opposites.

Can you point out some similarities between the two?

They will both lie to convince us to vote for them, blame past Presidents and Congress for their inability to effect change and really won't care what you or I think once the election is over.  

Joe Paradiso

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My thoughts are more on whether this thread gets locked like all other ones because folks can't help themselves. 

Let's have a bet. I say it'll be locked at page 20 :-D

While there's a lot of anticipation and ratings will go through the roof, I don't think we're going to see anything new, it's going to be more of the same, just longer. Ostensibly it's about policy/candidates, but people are looking for zingers and a train wreck.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Let's have a bet. I say it'll be locked at page 20 :-D

While there's a lot of anticipation and ratings will go through the roof, I don't think we're going to see anything new, it's going to be more of the same, just longer. Ostensibly it's about policy/candidates, but people are looking for zingers and a train wreck.

Nah. The over-under will be more like page 9.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Just now, boogielicious said:

Nah. The over-under will be more like page 9.

Kind of dumb mods betting since they can lock it whenever they choose. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

wow, I guess I should accept the blame for this one. It was an ill fated attempt at wry humour/sick joke on my part when using word play to indicate that trump is a Master Baiter. I should have known that *any* political topic will go this way. My Bad - Sorry.

"James"

Just now, iacas said:

Kind of dumb mods betting since they can lock it whenever they choose. ;-)

Insider trading???:-P

Just now, Hacker James said:

wow, I guess I should accept the blame for this one. It was an ill fated attempt at wry humour/sick joke on my part when using word play to indicate that trump is a Master Baiter. I should have known that *any* political topic will go this way. My Bad - Sorry.

Don't shy away from starting threads like this. At times we can have civilized discussions on divisive topics. It is up to the posters to follow the rules and act like adults.

Scott

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

They will both lie to convince us to vote for them, blame past Presidents and Congress for their inability to effect change and really won't care what you or I think once the election is over.  

This is a pretty accurate statement, sadly.   On both sides what the candidates promise will never make it through Congress, or has to be so back pedaled to pass.   There are plenty of politicians who outright lie, and many who make promises they know they cannot keep and do it to win votes.  As voters we need to consider what reality is, not whether someone tells us something we want to hear.

—Adam

6 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

This is a pretty accurate statement, sadly.   On both sides what the candidates promise will never make it through Congress, or has to be so back pedaled to pass.   There are plenty of politicians who outright lie, and many who make promises they know they cannot keep and do it to win votes.  As voters we need to consider what reality is, not whether someone tells us something we want to hear.

This is correct, anything the candidates promise has to be vetted against, will Congress allow it.  

As long as Republicans hold a majority in Congress, Hillary won't be able to ban guns or make significant changes to the 2nd Amendment.  

Trump won't be able to build a wall unless Congress appropriates the funds to do so, believing Mexico will pay for it, even when threatened is one step above believing in Santa Claus.  

The real difference between Hillary and Trump on issues that they can actually effect is their overall approach on Foreign Policy.  

Trump is more of an isolationist, wants to reduce the number of refugees entering the country, deal with illegal immigration, reduce H1B Visa's and reduce the involvement the US has in overseas military actions.  

Hillary wants more open borders, more refugees, amnesty for illegal aliens, she hasn't really stated much about H1B Visa's and expects the US to play a larger role globally.   

The rest of the stuff is emotional pressure points designed to get us to react and relate to the candidate.  Go back 8 years and watch the Obama debates, all the things he promised that he didn't deliver on, then go back 16 years and watch Bush, he didn't deliver either.  

Joe Paradiso

I wish sanders would have won the democratic nomination just to see him burn trump into a piece of cinder on national television...hahaha. But i think these debates are going to be pretty tiresome to watch. Im sure Trump will try bait Clinton and turn the debates into a food fight, but i guess Clintons handlers have prepared against doing that for months. Clinton will want to stay on policy because its her strength and trumps weakness, but she'll come off sounding like a catholic school nun in the process. And in this political climate, the show is probably more important than being right or even telling the truth. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!