IGNORED

Christmas Movies!

Rainmaker
Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife goes completely bonkers at Christmas time . .and from the day after Thanksgiving to about New Years Day there is hardly anything but Christmas movies on our TV.  Personally . .I don't care that much about them.  I really hate the sappy ones . .you know the ones they pump out by the truckload for The Hallmark Channel . . but some are noteworthy for either positive or negative reasons.  

Worst Christmas Movie I've seen this year: Uncle Nick.  

This is just a depressing movie.  It's kind of boring, it's pretty gross, you really don't end up liking any of the main characters.  After watching it you feel like taking down the decorations and going for a shower.  I'll never have to see this one again because my wife doesn't dig dark themes . .especially not at Christmas.  Can't say the same for some others, though . . .

Worst Christmas Movie that I see every year:  A Grandpa for Christmas.  I just want to punch this kid so much . .and his Grandpa. And Santa Claus.  I hate this movie.  

Best Sappy Christmas movie I saw this year (that still sucked, though) - A Heavenly Christmas.  For Hallmark channel, not to bad.  Relative to movies in general .. barf.  

I enjoyed the annual screenings of:

The Grinch that stole Christmas (cartoon, not the Jim Carey version)

Elf

The Santa Claus

The Family Man

Scrooged

What are you favorite/least favorites?

Favorite: Die Hard
Least Favorite: A Christmas Story

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Just curious . .did you hate A Christmas Story the first time you saw it?  Or is it just so played out now . . 

I almost put that movie in a separate category . .we don't ever watch it until Christmas day . .and we always watch in on Christmas day.  I definitely did like it at one time - I don't really pay attention to it anymore.  

I never really like it much. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Home Alone 2 I always enjoy.  Christmas Vacation is good once or twice a year.

Also not a huge fan of A Christmas Story.  Don't hate it, just don't need to watch it anymore. ( Probably blasphemy to many of you, but I feel the same way about Caddyshack.)

Christmas Vacation is my favorite.  I watch it a couple times a Christmas season.  Other than that my wife will watch the sappy Hallmark movies but that's my cue to go to another room to watch the golf channel.

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

We watched those back to back last Saturday night! :-P Love them both!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

One of my favorites is Charlie Brown Christmas

least favorite: any of the Santa Claus movies

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

+1 for Die Hard

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2475914/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 8.28.23 AM.png

I actually sat through this hideous movie a week ago, but gave me time to be on the forum.

I think on Netflix it oddly has another title, because I had trouble locating it to see how many stars it got. Over 5 to my surprise.

The lead actress can't figure out that her childhood best friend (who was there for her at every big moment in her life, it seems) is the right one for her, not the stereotypical football meathead who she is blindly worshipping. If I were the childhood friend, I'd have gotten tired of her schtick, as I can't tell you how many times it seemed the two were close to connecting or kissing or whatever... and then comes along old meathead to distract her.

But Christmas! All happy in the end. Whew.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

In no particular order:

• Christmas Vacation
  • Elf
  • The Racoons' Christmas
  • Home Alone
  • Die Hard
  • Arthur Christmas

Saw the first half Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick, it was pretty good until I fell asleep. I'll give it another go before the season is over.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Favorites:  Christmas Vacation, Elf, It's A Wonderful Life.

Least:  Jingle All The Way, Christmas With The Kranks.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder version, of course)
  • Elf
  • The Snowman (British animation)
  • Groundhog Day

For whatever reason, Raiders of the Lost Ark is always on Irish TV over Christmas, and I always make time to watch it in my pyjamas while shoving christmas food into my piehole.

The Bill Murray / Sofia Coppola "A Very Murray Christmas" on Netlflix is more musical than movie, but that gets my vote. It's a short show and FWIW the man can sing... As someone who grew up with Saturday Night Live and also enjoys New York City I think it's a lot of fun.

Charlie Brown Christmas is a close second.

Edited by Kalnoky

Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!