IGNORED

Official 2008 Sand Trap Fantasy League

iacas
Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played last year, came in 3rd. It was a blast. I'm back in again...

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
The deadline to sign up is 10am tomorrow.

Please Note:
When I went in and signed up, I checked the "standings" and only saw 7 members.

So I chose to "join a new league" and searched for "Sand Trap." It showed 22 members, so I joined that league, and now my "Leaderboard" shows all 22.

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what, but you may want to check your "Standings" to make sure you're in the right league. If not, it seems "joining another" and then basically just re-joining the "Sand Trap" league (see post #15) works.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ESPN has a good one called 'Best Ball' that I signed up for too. You have to pick 4 golfers and a spare for the week, but you have a cap of $50 million. The different players are given a $value and you pick your team based on this. Their value fluctuates from week to week with their play in recent weeks. You make your roster each week based on these values.

Scoring works by giving you one score for each round, based on the best score per hole of your team. Makes it interesting in that it is good to choose guys who have a lot of birdies/eagles, as the 'blow up' holes won't hurt the team score.

This is my first crack at it. Anyone played this in the past?

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Administrator
ESPN has a good one called 'Best Ball' that I signed up for too. You have to pick 4 golfers and a spare for the week, but you have a cap of $50 million. The different players are given a $value and you pick your team based on this. Their value fluctuates from week to week with their play in recent weeks. You make your roster each week based on these values.

Yeah - two years ago that was our league. It had a lot of problems.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Due to some flaw in the system, I currently have three teams in the league now.

I'll write to support so that two of my teams can be deleted. This is obviously a result of the problems I was having as indicated in post #1.

I keep logging in and being sent back to the log-in screen. I'll try again later this evening, or in the worst case, I'll join mid-swing and lose out on some points.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I was having the same problem a couple of hours ago, but now it's working. Isn't opening day on the PGA tour great! Now if only there wasn't snow on the ground here in Indiana and the temperature was in the double digits

In the Bag:
Driver: R7 425
FW Woods: SQ
4-PW: MP-57
GW: 252-08SW: MP-T Black Ni 56-14LW: MP-T Black Ni 60-05Putter: White Hot #5 CSBall: Pro-V1

I was having the same problem a couple of hours ago, but now it's working. Isn't opening day on the PGA tour great! Now if only there wasn't snow on the ground here in Indiana and the temperature was in the double digits

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm in the league now.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I couldn't get signed up in time for this week, but I'm in next week.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

Well, I got myself registered the other day and joined the league. I went to set my roster and it kicked me back to the start page. I went back in and set my roster and thought all was good. Unfortunately it didn't put me in the Sand Trap league. So my roster is just in the open division. Oh well. I guess I have some catching up to do next week. It's not too bad though, the guys I picked are not really lighting it up right now. Only Watney is under par.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Yeah... just singed up too, will have some catching up to do
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Go figure, my dark horse has the first day lead.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I am currently kicking myself for screwing up and putting my roster in for the wrong league. Here is what my guys are doing:

T4 Whatney
T6 Calcavecchia
T13 McNiell
T13 Johnson
T17 Singh
20 Mahan

Granted, top 20 in a 31 man field is not great.

I just joined, late is better than never I guess :)...
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I'm in too. Made my picks before the deadline.
Looking good right now

T1 Mike Weir
T4 Justin Leonard
T4 Nick Watney
T9 VJ
T9 Angel Cabrera
T15 Chad Campbell

Not bad so far

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

I'm doing pretty good so far. I hope my guys have a good final round.

Mike Weir
Aaron Baddeley
Jim Furyk
Brandt Snedeker
Steve Flesch
Nick Watney

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

iacas, did you ever figure ot about the multiple teams? I've got two on there. As you all can see I took FIRST PLACE (yeah suckas!) with my original team, but my other team (which I think I'm logged in for the rest of the season) is at zero?!?! Thanks!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!