IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

184 yard par 3. Up til now was having a crap round. Anyway pulled out a 7 iron, struck it clean, great sound, ball wizzed off the face, lovely little draw on the shot and it was going straight at the flag. As the green was slightly raised and had a little bank at the front, protected by bunkers left and right I couln't see the ball so that 170 yard walk to the green got my heart racing. When I saw the ball I was a little bit disapointed that it didn't drop in the hole but begars cant be choosers! Ball finished about 6 ft behind the hole. Missed the birdie put and tapped in for par but were talking about 1 shot aren't we!!

Not on the course but on the range. I know sounds crazy but it was funny none the less. I walked up to the range and noticed a group of guys hootin it up about something so i walked over. There was a hawk sitting on top of one of the posts that hold the netting. The post stood what says 260 yards from the mat. These guys are trying to hit the pole so the hawk fly away? Well it was the furthest pole to the right so i stare at it for a min watch these guys fail a couple times and get an idea. I go all the way to the left and hit a big sweeping fade with my driver. The ball hits the net about 10 feet from the pole but rides the net right into it. Boooonnnnnngggg......Hawk flys away.....Guys cheer.............i go down to wedge and start practicing.

Par 5 - 537 yards: Driver: 326 yards draw , 2nd shot to green with Hybrid... well...hit the bunker next to green instead, but best hybrid shot of mine nevertheless.

Par 3 - 4 ft of green to work with. bunker on the right and ball right next to bunker, with almost no space to stand on  rough.

flop shot into the hole and almost made it.

Hole 18 : Putted from 20+ feet on a slice line and then the green dipped down slope on green for birdie. Great way to finish the round.

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Par 5 - 587 yards: Driver: 326 yards draw , 2nd shot to green with Hybrid... well...hit the bunker next to green instead, but best hybrid shot of mine nevertheless.

Par 3 - 4 ft of green to work with. bunker on the right and ball right next to bunker, with almost no space to stand on  rough.

flop shot into the hole and almost made it.

Hole 18 : Putted from 20+ feet on a slice line and then the green dipped down slope on green for birdie. Great way to finish the round.

If my math is correct, you hit a hybrid 261 yards? OK. It could happen.

Hit a high fade on a 385 yard hole to the middle of the fairway.  From 120 out I cut a wedge into the pin, one bounce, hit the stick to three feet. Nice bird!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Played a new course yesterday and had some good results with the driver. There were a couple of shorter par 4s, and one of them was a dogleg left with nothing to protect the dogleg but a bit of rough. I aimed to cut the corner, smashed the drive perfectly, and left my ball about 8 yards short of the green. (Then I managed to flub the chip and give myself a painfully hard 8foot putt, which I two-putted.)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Chipped one in from 45 feet over a hill today:D saved birdie off of a stupid flubbed approach... Im a freshman in high school and fixin to go rip it at distirct along with 2 other freshman the same skill level.... Wish us luck!!

Pushed tee shot right and had a blind 2nd shot. Picked an 8-iron and decided to hit over a tree in the general area I thought was the green. Caught it solid and found my ball 6 feet from the pin. More random luck but was definitely best shot of the week.

« Keith »

This would be best shot of the year(so far).  Had about 155 left for my 2nd shot on the 9th hole(par 4) at Greenview in Centralia, IL.   Hit a 6 iron to about 8 feet, didnt make the birdie but an easy tap in par.   Just bought a used Rife hybrid 2 bar mallet putter on ebay a few hours ago, hope that helps my putting, got a great deal so I cant wait to get it.  I tried a used one out at a local golf store but didnt like the price they were asking for it but i really liked how it felt, got it in on ebay for about half what they were asking.  Im anxious to see how it performs out in the real world.  Im a pretty decent putter and I was just using a cheap putter up until now.  I think im going to get my irons regripped this week as well as Ive been using them for 2 years now with the crappy cheap grips they came out with, going to go with the golf pride tour velvet grips i looked at, not real sure if that will help but it certainly cant hurt.   Trying to keep my upgrade costs to a minimum.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

A few candidates yesterday.  Sadly there were so many terrible shots that the score was typical, but still these were the fun ones:

1) PW from 115 that landed 5 feet left of the pin, wound up 10-15 feet past for a par try (missed, but I'm happy with bogey on that hole).

2) Flop that landed just where it needed to, setting up about an 8-foot straight uphill putt to save par, made for a nice save.

3) 3H out of the sand, just missed the green right but the distance was perfect (sadly I think this shot was my par stroke, oh well)

4) 45-foot putt to about 1 foot after a GIR, easy par.

Nothing phenomenally exciting, but they were all great shots for me.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

My best shot since I've been playing golf was the other day but I could tell about it because my video card took a dump on me the same day.

I got a lesson that day and decided to give what I learned a go for 9 holes before it got dark.

Straight 411 yard par 4.

The driver put the ball on the left side of the fairway in the woods, 30 yards in front of the yellow tee box, 20 yards off the fairway and about 10' below the fairway.

The yellow tees are 332 yards from the green so my drive was crap but I did hook the ball for the first time with the driver.

My plan was to pop it back onto the fairway then go for the green but I saw that there was a break through the pines that was about 15' wide so I decided to go for the far right side of the fairway instead.

I lined up with my 5 iron, thought about what I had learned and hit it better than I ever have.

I saw the ball heading for the far right side of the fairway like I had planned but then it got a bit of a draw to it.

I went hunting for my ball on the right side and all in the woods and couldn't find it until I looked at the green.

There was a ball sitting on it (13' past the hole) and I couldn't believe it was mine until I got close enough to read the markings on it.

I was grinning ear to ear when I lined up to putt and ended up screwing myself out of a birdie because I thought there was a break when there wasn't.

The putt stopped about 3" past the hole and about 6" to the right (where I was aiming).

I need to get a little better at reading those greens.

That was the only hole I got par on.

I finished the round with a 50.

EDIT: Ok, either the score card is wrong or Google Earths measuring tool is wrong but I think its the score card because I measured my house and the measuring tool was dead on.

Going by Google Earth it was a 367 yard par 4.

Drive was 150.

Second stroke was 220 with plenty of roll thanks to the draw.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

Glad I waited until today to post my best shot. Second hole, little dog-leg right par 4. Bout a 310 carry over the front bunkers to the green. Bombed right just about pin high. Easy two putt birdie. Was one of the purest shots off the driver in a long time; the ball just jumped and never really left the flag stick. Not bad for the 4th round of the year.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

yesterday on hole 10. 135 from the pin. pin is on the right side. I faded in a high 9 iron to inside a foot.

then on hole 17 - 135 and uphill to the pin. I drew in a strong 9 iron to inside two feet.

Niiiiiiicccccceee.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Hole 10, par 5, I hit my 2nd shot to about 30 yards right of the green, I get there and have to hit over a tall pine tree, I flop it, it lands 6 feet passed the pin (according to my friend) and came back in for Eagle. That same day on hole 8 I lay up with my driver and it is a 90 degree dogleg right so I push it out on accident and I was certain it was in the trees and I get up and I have 230 yards in on a 511 par 5, I made birdie

Friday at Mcleansboro, il.   Par 4 3rd hole, very short only 245 yards.   I hit my tee shot just short of the bunker guarding the front of the green.  Chipped onto the green to about 10 feet and made birdie, only the 2nd birdie I've made all year so far.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

"Best"?  Well, opinions vary but yesterday (Sunday) had my second shot on a short par 5.  Crushed the drive and had around 155 downwind to the green.  Took a 9 iron and aimed over the corner.  Knew that I needed to land at the front of the green because, at this course, the greens just don't hold.  Bladed it. Bad but hard.  Never got over knee high but cleared the mound in the corner.  My buddy was sure that I had gone over the green into the pines behind it.  Ended up 6 feet or so from the hole - rolled it in for an easy eagle.  My buddy was just crushed - which made it even sweeter.