IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Not just one shot but I was in the zone for five holes going par, birdie, par, par and birdie.   I want to remember these shots because they haven't happened before and I'm praying they happen again.   The first birdie, par 4, I hit my approach shot from 138 and had a tap in for birdie.    The second, par 3, I hit about a 25 foot breaking putt (thanks Aimpoint) for birdie.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55' chip in from above the green.   Fun, because there was alot of time to see it roll in

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Second shot from under tree branches, 150 out. 7 iron so would come out low, hit to near green pin high. Missed par by 4 inches. Grrrrr!

Not so much best shot of the day but best recovery of the day.

First drive was a big wide ugly push right so wide that it went OB in to the driving range next to the first fairway!

Third shot was a nice little 260 yard drive down the guts. Fourth shot was an 8 iron bang on the money (160 yard carry) coming to rest about 6 feet from the pin. One put for a bogey and a half as it was match play. Take 5 on this whole any day of the week :)

Regards

Mailman

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 09.56.56 copy.jpg

Mailman

A beautiful course, Moose Ridge, in South Lyon.   If you've never been, make the trip.   #15, 402 par 4 water all along the right hand side of a slight dog leg left.   I pushed my weak drive but was dry and had about 175 to the pin.   I hit my 5 to within about 3 feet and dropped the putt for a birdie.   One of three for the day.   I'm thinking the planets are aligned or something.  

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the round wasn't this nice...Oh no!!!

No. 4, 360 yd. par 4 at Stonewolf. Topped 3W 20 yards off tee into a swale.

• Hit a high 6i to landing area on edge of a bunker.
  • With feet in bunker and ball above my feet in a scruffy lie, I hit a 4H 180 yds. to back pin placement.
  • Sink 20-foot putt to salvage par.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

No. 3, 563 yd, at Highland CC.

Smoked a drive (old, dead driver) to 292 out from the pin.

Best shot was a 292 3wood 18 feet from the pin. Probably 260 carry, 26-27 yards of roll. I smoke this thing and can hit it farther than my driver if I hit it well. 2 putt birdie. 

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

On 4/27/2017 at 3:30 PM, Zekez said:

What is a "tee'd-up lie"?

Not up high....... I had grass behind the ball, but the ball was sitting up a bit....that's why I described it as a perfect jumper....  I thought it might jump and penetrate the wind if I could make reasonable contact :-)

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

One shot for me in recent memory was my third shot on a long par four.  My approach finished right of the green under a large tree on some hardpan.  I was 20-30? yards from the pin.

In between my ball and the green was some rough so I didn't feel I could run through it and get on.  I took my 56 and hit a low liner under the branches in front of me and one of my foursome saw it come out hot and goes UH OH!  The ball skipped and stopped dead about a foot from the cup.  I doubt I could do it again in fifty tries.  The looks I got were priceless.  Thanks prov1 392.

One you would not believe was I was about 20 feet off to the right of a flat green with a middle pin.  Really good lie.  My friend said something to me like get it close and I said screw close I am gonna make it.  I holed it.  I never call my shots like that.  One time I do and I holed it.  Thank you Pinnacle gold yellow!

Approach shot on my home hole. Was a foot in front of blue 200 yard tile (not a great drive), hit 5 wood and carried all the way to front of green. Hit and rolled back for a total of probably 210 yards. Left me in first cut about 10 feet above hole. Wish I could tell you I birdied that hole for first time ever but that didn't happen. 

47-40 = 87, bluff creek golf course, Eden prairie, MN.  

Opened with a disastrous triple.  Then had 8 consecutive holes where I missed a GIR by 5-15 yds, chipped to about 10 ft and couldn't make a putt.   0 pars on the front.  Backside was a better.  Nothing exciting though.  5 pars, 4 bogies. 

On the bright side, the weather (and the beer) 

edit: whoops.  Wrong thread

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

11 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Kind of cold wet day, hole 17, 195 yards, hybrid, one bounce, ace :dance::banana::beer:

Nice!

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Kind of cold wet day, hole 17, 195 yards, hybrid, one bounce, ace :dance::banana::beer:

How much did you pay out in beer?

Kind of a weird round today, with overall poor approach shots, so nothing really stood out from a strokes-gained perspective. My best shot was a 30-yard pitch shot that hit the pin and settled a foot away.

- John

Had a terrible round overall but this shot really stood out to me. Hole 16 at Callahan Golf Links. It's a par 4. I started off with a horrible drive. It was straight but way short, I'm sure I topped the ball on the drive. Second shot I'm 190 yards from the pin with a bunker right in front of the green. I can only see the top of the flag because the rise in the fairway between me and the green. I hit a 4 iron and put it on the green in between the bunker and the pin about 15 foot to the hole. The ball hit the green and bounced back about 1 foot and stopped. One of only two pars I made the whole round... Those few good shots keep me coming back lol

Hole 16 190yrd.png

• 2 weeks later...

Playing in our school benefit scramble. We're facing a double-dogleg par 5... creek on right and crossing fairway about 150 yards from green.  _______/-------0

The tee is up - hole only about 450 yards long. Charlie hits a low draw that lands at the turn, starts bouncing, and skips over to the left rough, about 300 yards in all! But, a tree branch is hanging low between us and the green.

Sunset7.thumb.jpg.d3621c7add530f6b1a8a802043af098f.jpg

I punch a 4i under the branches and roll it up to the rough short left of the terraced green. We all hit dumpy pitches, and I'm first to putt from 35 feet away.

I run the putt up and over the terrace, straight into the cup, and we salvage birdie.
-------------------------------
Runner-up shot: It's the hole-in-one for car par 3, No. 17. It's 217 yards long - more than last year - and uphill into a cross wind. I put my driver shot into the left center of the green. (scramble 2-putt rule from 65 feet away, so we get a par).

Edited by WUTiger

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag