IGNORED

Heinz Pushes To Make Monday After Superbowl A Holiday

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

You know, this will just balloon into something uncontrollable. First, it's the SB, then The World Cup, then the Olympics, then the World Series, etc... Eventually, work will disappear from the face of the earth, nothing gets done, dystopia ensues and we extinct ourselves, all because of this silly pigskin game. :-D

Nah... computers will have taken over long before that happens.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, krupa said:

Nah... computers will have taken over long before that happens.

And Skynet doesn't have holidays!:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

And Skynet doesn't have holidays!:-P

Never misunderestimate our ability to work against our own good. Odds that we off the world ourselves w/o any help from The Singularity, I'll take those odds.:8)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

When I was working I thought that the Monday after SB would be a great day to stay at home. Since we have better weather in the summer here in Michigan, I'd vote to take an extra day when the weather is good enough to be outside golfing.

but....

since I'm recently retired, I don't care.....:beer:

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I think it's a bit goofy.... Instead of people, you know, being more responsible and not getting so sloshed they can't make it to work let's just give them the day off with pay? How about no.

Sometimes I guess I can be a bit of a dick about this stuff, I mean if they made it a holiday it's not like I'd pass it up... I just think it's a dumb reason to have a paid day off.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Never misunderestimate our ability to work against our own good. Odds that we off the world ourselves w/o any help from The Singularity, I'll take those odds.:8)

That is an interesting bet, I say we don't off outselves.....I will take the bet for 1 Billion internet points!

Now all we have to do is figure out how and when we settle up

Players play, tough players win!

Note: This thread is 2668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!