mvmac

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

281 posts in this topic Last Reply

5 hours ago, b101 said:

Srixon range balls - whatever their standard is. 

Then that's a big part of your problem (i.e. the 42° you were getting): urethane balls launch lower with more spin, firmer (cover) balls launch significantly higher, particularly off partial wedges.

This basically completely explains your issue. You're not hitting premium, urethane-covered balls.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

5 hours ago, b101 said:

Well, mine's normally pretty good and I can't get above 1.44. At my last fitting, I averaged 1.50.

Not sure whether this affects launch angle though? I also remember some early reviews saying that the Mevo over-stated launch though

I saw the reviews as well, and with a sample of two Mevos I got pretty good results if it’s setup correctly.

I’m probably more skeptical of the many YouTube videos that tested the Mevo except for the one pro from UK who compared it to an X3.

The sensor technology is pretty accurate and is designed in Germany. I’ve run FMCW tests with it and it’s pretty good.

I recently updated the Mevo App which wanted a new FW update of the Mevo. Since that I am not getting any shots registered.

Anyone else seen any issues. My app provides the following version information:

App Version 1.3.5

AVR Version 0.08 FSMevo BT

DSP Version 1.09

Do these versions match those used by others?

Thanks

Dave

On 25/03/2018 at 5:51 PM, FrankfurtDave said:

I recently updated the Mevo App which wanted a new FW update of the Mevo. Since that I am not getting any shots registered.

Anyone else seen any issues. My app provides the following version information:

App Version 1.3.5

AVR Version 0.08 FSMevo BT

DSP Version 1.09

Do these versions match those used by others?

Thanks

Dave

Just to answer my own reply in case it helps anyone else. The versions that I mentioned above are correct. The issue I had is a known issue within Flightscope and there is a fix coming coming in the next days.

The workaround should you have this problem is to change the mode (Outdoor to Indoor and back again in the app) when connected to the Mevo.

After doing this everything working perfectly again.

As usual great support from Flightscope. They replied within hours and came up with a solution immediately.

8 hours ago, FrankfurtDave said:

Just to answer my own reply in case it helps anyone else. The versions that I mentioned above are correct. The issue I had is a known issue within Flightscope and there is a fix coming coming in the next days.

The workaround should you have this problem is to change the mode (Outdoor to Indoor and back again in the app) when connected to the Mevo.

After doing this everything working perfectly again.

As usual great support from Flightscope. They replied within hours and came up with a solution immediately.

So is this true if you are already set on indoor mode?

Is it more an issue with the app?

Or does changing the mode just reset something so it can function (and you changing it back was just because you were outside)?

8 hours ago, iacas said:

So is this true if you are already set on indoor mode?

Is it more an issue with the app?

Or does changing the mode just reset something so it can function (and you changing it back was just because you were outside)?

I can not say anything about the actual error that they had, and hence what additional use cases there might be. I can only say that if anyone has the issue that their unit is not registering ANY shots that switching the mode to something else and back again when connected might help.

For me I only test "Outdoor" mode hence I went from Outdoor to Indoor and back again. Whether the same issue can occur for Indoors or Pitching I do not know.

I read something on Golfwrx on a "sniper's sight", I assume that's referring to the notch to help you align the unit?

Also, there's an update to the Mevo (new model not firmware) in a year or two? What new features are anticipated?

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I read something on Golfwrx on a "sniper's sight", I assume that's referring to the notch to help you align the unit?

Yep.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Also, there's an update to the Mevo (new model not firmware) in a year or two? What new features are anticipated?

I don't need anything more.