IGNORED

Michigan

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any updates?  Sorry I've been quiet so long.  Dog proofing the back yard, which includes making and installing a swing gate across the driveway.  Any of the courses or places mentioned sound fine by me.  Watch out for Lefty76.  He's a young guy with new irons looking to kick his old man's (me) butt.

Edited by tlazzol

Another masochist ensnared by golf

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, tlazzol said:

Watch out for Lefty76.  He's a young guy with new irons looking to kick his old man's (me) butt.

You let him play from the wrong side of the ball?  (jk)..

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 weeks later...

July is about over, and interest in another outing? Friday was a good day last time,  what works for people in August/September?

My youngest is in the HS band, so home game Fridays are out for me, and I have to move one up to Marquette so mid August is likely tough for me.

Where do we want to play - somewhere near 96/23? AA? Jackson?

Players play, tough players win!

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

July is about over, and interest in another outing? Friday was a good day last time,  what works for people in August/September?

How about…

It's a short trip. Several of you could carpool.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

My youngest is in the HS band, so home game Fridays are out for me, and I have to move one up to Marquette so mid August is likely tough for me.

Where do we want to play - somewhere near 96/23? AA? Jackson?

I'm flexible.   I have a few dates blocked out but generally any day will work.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

How about…

It's a short trip. Several of you could carpool.

It's just a little too far for me.   Thanks though.   I'd get run out of town with an Amazing "M" on my blue driver anyway.  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

It's just a little too far for me.   Thanks though.   I'd get run out of town with an Amazing "M" on my blue driver anyway.  

No you wouldn't. I couldn't care less about Ohio State. I tease @georgep all the time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, dennyjones said:

C'mon, you played that thing without hassle in MSU's backyard.

Players play, tough players win!

4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

C'mon, you played that thing without hassle in MSU's backyard.

but...MSU is little brother.  OSU is a different matter.   

• Upvote 1

I'm taking the first week of September off from work and am thinking of heading downstate for a round of golf. I don't have a course selected yet but will probably choose one with affordable rates.

If anyone else is interested in playing that week, please post in this thread.

Jon

16 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

I'm taking the first week of September off from work and am thinking of heading downstate for a round of golf. I don't have a course selected yet but will probably choose one with affordable rates.

If anyone else is interested in playing that week, please post in this thread.

The first full week?

Another masochist ensnared by golf

On 7/21/2017 at 10:26 PM, dennyjones said:

I'd get run out of town with an Amazing "M" on my blue driver anyway.  

I wouldn't do it personally, but if you show up here with that, I don't know you.

I may be available.   (week of Labor Day?)

My wife plans on dragging me to the Rochester Art Fair but I'm not sure which day.  

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I wouldn't do it personally, but if you show up here with that, I don't know you.

My wood head covers are Michigan too.  I almost always wear a Michigan hat.   what's not to like?

50 minutes ago, tlazzol said:

The first full week?

Yes. The first full week (Labor Day week).

44 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I may be available.   (week of Labor Day?)

My wife plans on dragging me to the Rochester Art Fair but I'm not sure which day.

I don't have a day picked out. I think Terry has league play on Tuesdays and I'd rather not travel on Labor Day. So... Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?

Bring the wives if they play golf and if that helps get you out there. God knows they've got to have a better game than mine. 

Think it over guys... but really, it's no big deal if I'm out on a course by myself. I just wanted to extend the invitation.

Jon

1 hour ago, tlazzol said:

What range for tee time do you want?

I'd prefer an early tee time. How does 10-11am work for everyone interested? If we play a course in Mid-Michigan, it's 2 - 2 1/2 hours of travel for me. If it's downstate, it's 3 - 4. No biggie... I'd just have to get an earlier start.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Any of you Michigan golfers ever played Forest Dunes or The Loop?  I've heard good things. And recently found out that one my best friends is very close with the owner there. So been thinking of taking a golf trip up there. 

Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!