IGNORED

Titleist Velocity Alternatives?

Note: This thread is 1809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing since June and have played all of the cheap balls (Wilson, Top Flite, Etc.) I started buying better balls, but used when I stopped losing 10 a round. Have hit numerous brands and really like the Velocity. I was wondering if there are comparable balls as I am ready to start buying new as I average losing 1 ball a round. Sometimes 3 others 0.  

You can buy Velocities from other folks who have lost them. I've had good luck with this site.

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/golf-balls/brands/titleist.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Largobuc said:

Playing since June and have played all of the cheap balls (Wilson, Top Flite, Etc.) I started buying better balls, but used when I stopped losing 10 a round. Have hit numerous brands and really like the Velocity. I was wondering if there are comparable balls as I am ready to start buying new as I average losing 1 ball a round. Sometimes 3 others 0.  

Check out the Snell Get Sum, just as good (if not better), and half the price

38 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Check out the Snell Get Sum, just as good (if not better), and half the price

Where are you seeing half the price? I see Titleist Velocity retailing for $26.99, and Get Sum retailing for $20.99.

Am I missing a discount for Snell?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

35 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Where are you seeing half the price? I see Titleist Velocity retailing for $26.99, and Get Sum retailing for $20.99.

Am I missing a discount for Snell?

Get Sum are $13 a dozen (actually $14, I was off) if you buy them in bulk (6 dozen).  Just like the MTB are $27 a dozen (vs. $32) if you buy them in bulk.

Edited by Denny Bang Bang
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Get Sum are $13 a dozen (actually $14, I was off) if you buy them in bulk (6 dozen).  Just like the MTB are $27 a dozen (vs. $32) if you buy them in bulk.

Thanks! Good to know.:-D

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

6 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

28 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Yes, that is good to know! I started playing the Velocity's last year when a friend tried and recommended them. Man! I love that ball! Of course I'd have to try 1 dozen first. I started out with 2 sleeves of Velocity's.

3 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

For sure.  Snell has a sample pack as well, 2 sleeves Get Sum, 2 sleeves MTB.  It's nice they do that, so people can check them both out.

Played the velocity a few months, changed for the bridgeston E6. Both are distance/forgiving balls.
The birdgestone it´s a little better but when i play both balls at a practice rounds there´s little to no difference.  

I can relate. I like the Velocity also. However, I loaded up on a dozen Snell Get Sum balls and am looking forward to playing these this year if the weather ever lifts here. I expect good things, based on the reviews. Very similar construction on these two...

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

20 hours ago, Largobuc said:

I just bought the sample pack myself. Wanted to buy the 6 pack but figured I will try them first.

Nice, let us know if they do the trick.

41 minutes ago, HitAndGiggle said:

I can relate. I like the Velocity also. However, I loaded up on a dozen Snell Get Sum balls and am looking forward to playing these this year if the weather ever lifts here. I expect good things, based on the reviews. Very similar construction on these two...

I feel for you man.  My cousin lives in N. Cal as well, so I've been staying updated.  Hope things start to clear up!

On 2/21/2017 at 8:29 AM, p1n9183 said:

Played the velocity a few months, changed for the bridgeston E6. Both are distance/forgiving balls.
The birdgestone it´s a little better but when i play both balls at a practice rounds there´s little to no difference.  

I like the E6-cant explain what it is compared to other balls I've tried-a nice weight comes to mind. Good distance, good control around the greens.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, Denny Bang Bang said:

Nice, let us know if they do the trick.

I feel for you man.  My cousin lives in N. Cal as well, so I've been staying updated.  Hope things start to clear up!

Yeah, this has been the worst winter I've ever experienced - and I have lived many years in Puget Sound area, for comparison. The courses here, some anyway, look like cow pastures because they've not been able to get the equipment out to mow them for fear they'll sink in the mud. If/when things start to dry out our courses should be really nice.

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

You can buy a dozen Titleist Surlyn X-Outs at Walmart for $9.86. I open the boxes and look for the ones that have the most Velocity balls but it's always a mix of the Velocity and NXT. I don't see many DT's in the there.

Dave :-)

I am sticking with the Snell balls for now. loved them both from the tester pack so will stick with the cheaper ones for now so I reordered.

Note: This thread is 1809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!