IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love Phil but he is such a tease. Several times this tournament he has charged up then made mistakes. Birdie, missed make able eagle to get to -2. Then DOUBLE.

Trollin' is the life

16 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I love Phil but he is such a tease. Several times this tournament he has charged up then made mistakes. Birdie, missed make able eagle to get to -2. Then DOUBLE.

That double at #3 was simply moronic.

This should be an epic day. Let's see how CBS screws this up...

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw this morning that Rahm made a donation to the Pat Tillman Foundation recently for the upcoming "Pat's Run."  Brought him from someone I knew very little about to someone I'm going to root for regularly. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Good scramble for par from the fairway bunker by Hoffman to start his round. He couldn't afford to lose strokes right away.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Just now, DeadMan said:

This should be an epic day. Let's see how CBS screws this up...

Now now, they're not FOX Sports at the U.S. Open.

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 minutes ago, skydog said:

That double at #3 was simply moronic.

Definitely a WTF series of strokes. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Now now, they're not FOX Sports at the U.S. Open.

I wish Fox was doing this. Trackman on most shots would be nice. Instead, we'll probably get it on one shot per person.

Although I do prefer CBS's on air talent to Fox's. That's about it, though.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

6 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Definitely a WTF series of strokes. 

He also just played 6 like he had never seen the course before.

6 shots backs now. I'm guessing he's out of it....too much talent in front of him and

Rickie pulling a Phil on #3. Yikes.

-- Daniel

Yikes Rickie.  I remember Phil doing that at #12 on Saturday the U.S. Open in Torrey.  Pitch and it comes right back... 

(I've done it also but I'm not as good as those two)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Jordan channeling Seve or Phil with that one.  Punch shot under the trees over the bunker to the fringe. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Jordan channeling Seve or Phil with that one.  Punch shot under the trees over the bunker to the fringe. 

He and his caddie were in a heated discussion about just reaching that bunker, and he somehow bounced it over the lip. You need good breaks to win the Masters, and Jordan just got one.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Just now, Chilli Dipper said:

He and his caddie were in a heated discussion about just reaching that bunker, and he somehow bounced it over the lip. You need good breaks to win the Masters, and Jordan just got one.

Yes, but to me it's like at one of the TST outings where there was a pin on the right side of a green over a bunker that only covered the right side.  I aimed for the middle, pushed it a little and it finished about 10-15' closer to the pin than I intended, going over the bunker the whole time.  Everyone in the group knew it was a bad shot not a good shot, but an outside observer can think it's a good shot anyway. :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Yes, but to me it's like at one of the TST outings where there was a pin on the right side of a green over a bunker that only covered the right side.  I aimed for the middle, pushed it a little and it finished about 10-15' closer to the pin than I intended, going over the bunker the whole time.  Everyone in the group knew it was a bad shot not a good shot, but an outside observer can think it's a good shot anyway. :-) 

It resulted in a tap-in par, where McIlroy had just scored double bogey from a similar position. That's all that matters in this game.

WTF happened to Rory? He came out guns a blazing and now he's 2 over. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

3 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

WTF happened to Rory? He came out guns a blazing and now he's 2 over. 

He's on my fantasy team, that's what happened!:-P

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!