IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5/29:  10 mins. conditioning and full swing warmup drills w/OW, added a couple of sets w/Momentus
10 mins. hitting foam balls in yard w/TourStriker p7i off mat; focus on feeling more open to target line (tendency to close up), and using core to lead swing
20 mins. (at course) range session w/7i, same focus as foam ball session
10 mins. putting session on practice green; focus on tempo
Walked 14 holes w/my son (can't get him to go out w/me all that often, so main focus was just on enjoying the time and playing w/him, but game focus was on keeping my core and hips leading the swing.  Though no birdies (greens playing hard and fast...hard to get close), played very well, with lots more good shots than bad, and about a half and half mix of pars w/bogies w/one double.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5/29: Played two rounds again today. Everything was working great in the first round, shot an 84 (39/45). Shot a 91 (46/45) in the afternoon, had trouble with my driver early on and duffed a few 3Ws and iron shots (it was hot...excuse, I know...but it was :-(). Came back, though, and finished par, birdie, par, on 16-18.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/30/17:

Played 18 holes today in between raindrops. Shot 42-40=82. It was encouraging because I actually hit 7 greens today... And missed a few much closer than I have. I think I may have figured out my alignment issues, as a few holes I thought I was aimed at my target and I hit just I little right or left... I had co-shots of the day ( I actually hit a few absolute gems)...

Hole 9, Par 5, 530 yards: (into a stiff southerly) popped up my drive a tad, hit lumpy ok didn't go very far (170 ish and I hit it alright), had 175 to the hole playing 205... Actually hit a choke down slice lumpy (3 or 4 driving iron) (I was actually trying to slice it on purpose) on command to about 12 feet.  Missed the damn putt though.

On 12, I didn't hit a very good drive so I had to punch out (actually turned out really good), hit a very good 5-iron from 180 into the fan pin-hi 10 feet, missed that.

13 I was over to the right about 160 from the flag, hit a nice high 7-iron to 8 feet, missed that.

18 was the best par I think I've made in a long time. Good drive into the fan, had 230 or so to the flag. Hit driver again to a good location about 50 yards from the flag. Actually confident, hit a 56° from light rough to 18 inches. Made that one.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5-30

Got a little practice in between shots at jacob's tournament today. Just slow mo stuff again. Got to find time to get to the range.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

40 min

sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3x) and full swings

Ongoing campaign to rid my swing of the slice. A little sloppy as I completed my sets, but not always with best form

chipping

6/11 first round and 6/11. Finished off the rest and called it a night

5/30:  10 mins. pitching work in yard from my 40yd "tees"; was trying to focus on inline impact but still hit 4 of my 16 just a little bit heavy (to about 65%-70% to target).  Other 12 were acceptable-to-good, though.
Finished up with a couple mins. of wall drill just now; just focused on the basics of the drill, nice and slow.

5/30: 52o wedge and plastic balls in the front yard this evening. Swing is still feeling good and producing good results. It's been a while since I've taken any video so I'm trying not to tinker and tonight just focused on a decent warm-up/stretch, then slow swings and easy shots, focus on no sway back and tempo. Will hopefully get some video soon, if for nothing else, just to get a decent swing on record while I have a chance. :-P

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

May 30th:- 15 mins practice outside. 5 mins spent chipping, focused on technique. 10 mins spent on full swing, focused on keeping the clubhead outside the hands during the takeaway up to A2.

Chris.:roll:

May 31 - Mirror work at the gym this morning. Wrist felt pretty good after yesterday's range session. I hit about 30 balls.

This completes my monthly challenge for May.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/31/17:

Worked a little more with alignment today. I actually got my alignment sticks out to get my aim better. It turns out I have my body a little too far to the right.

This completes my practice challenge for May 2017.

Hopefully in the summer months, I can shoot some rounds in the mid 70s (yesterday was mostly a bulky putter).

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

40 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3x) and full swings

had some problems concentrating and slowed my swing down to make sure was keeping form

chipping

6/11, 4/11 so repeated and got 6/11 then finished remainder. Final ball took forever to chip into bucket

i did NOT complete challenge this month. Missed one day and filed late another. 

5/31: Same as yesterday. 20-30 minutes out front, sand wedge and plastic balls. Didn't hit as many shots, though, just hitting to targets and enjoying the evening.

May Challenge Complete!

Jake

5-31

Practiced punch shots into my new net. 

This completes my practice challenge for May 2017

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/31:  10 mins, pitching work w/wedge in yard from my "30yd tees" w/25 balls; focus initially on tempo, as I hit a few pretty thin, then once that was in order, locked in on the feel of a nice, tight motion that felt compact and repeatable--last 18-19 were really good strikes.
Finished up w/3-4 mins. of wall drill to get some feel work on full swing motion; focus same as last night: simply smooth, solid mechanics on fundamentals of the drill

Played/walked so much last Fri.-Mon. that tore up my left foot pretty good (heat contributed), so took it easy for 2 days...but plan to tape up tomorrow and walk as many as I can after work, if the rain hold off.

This is officially the most I've ever practiced in a 3 month period, and while the benefits didn't come as quickly and sharply as I'd hoped, I most certainly have a much more repeatable and fundamentally sound swing, and one that I can get back on track in-round when it gets off the rails a bit (traditionally a big problem for me).  I'm hitting the sweet spot much more, and the S&C work has improved my distance noticeably.  Now I just need to get some non-solo rounds in soon to help me knock that index down.

My May Challenge was completed successfully!  

May 31st:- 5 mins chipping practice on the back lawn, followed by 10 mins full swing practice, focused on completing the back swing fully, before sliding the hips to initiate the through swing.

May practice challenge completed.

Chris.:roll:

• Administrator

All awards have been awarded. Thanks!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump 2x and full swings.

quick workout and not much form before visitors arrive tonight

tomorrow get to go play at course tho!

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 2512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!