IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8/5/17 - 10 minutes' mirror work, working on controlling right knee flex in backswing and getting hips open at impact.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 min sklz swing trainer, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru full swings

felt much smoother. Still not bullet proof.

40 min chipping

made 6/11 on first go round and could not match or beat it. Each time I felt close to getting it, tightened up and choked. Settle for a clean up of getting all balls back in the box

chipping felt much better 

5/8

Made slow motion half swings to start getting the feel of the new moves. I then hit some small punch shots. 

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/8: Received my replacement tittleX device today. Spent about 5 minutes hitting plastic balls and fighting off mosquitoes.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/8:  Pretty stiff from this past weekend's work, but fight on.... Two-key focus for whole practice: steady head (K1) & inline impact (K3)
10 mins. full swing drills w/OW; focus on keys 1 & 3
30 mins. full swings w/foam balls w/TourStriker, off mat; focus on keys 1 & 3
30 mins. pitching w/balls, 20-45y; focus on keys 1 & 3
10 mins. filling divots in yard from all this past week's pitching practice w/sand ;-)

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

May 8th:- 10 mins full swing. Worked on a centered hip turn & maintaining passive arms/hands during the backswing.

Chris.:roll:

May 9 - Playing 18 today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/9/17:

Sand wedge work in the yard this morning. Mostly focusing on in-line impact, and weight forward.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

9/8/17 - short range session working on shorter backswing and less knee flex. Good success at 60%

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

15 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

little rushed and sloppy, but overall feel like I have more swing control

15 min chipping practice

start round went 7/11 and was able to top that score on third round with 8/11

stroke getting better. Keep this up and I will have to invent multi-target game

5/9:  Went to course....
25 mins. range session; focus on same 2 keys from last night (K1 & K3)
Walked 9 holes; up and down...game is beating me up a little bit, then thrilling me, then....

I birdied the par 5 3rd with a ~40' putt, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

7th hole:  The sprinklers came on after I played a good one out of the bunker and had a ~8' sandy to save par--missed it.

8th hole:  Just left ~20' birdie putt ~2" short, right on line...grrr, but pars are nice...still...grrr....

The 9th:  Hit a great 5i on the f-'in PENAL par 3 (186 uphill to green that slopes off hard on all sides), but it flew the back fringe and rolled down the back (steep hill) about 25'. :pound:  Pin was over a mound and it played downhill, to the (back cut, close) hole--yeah...tough one--and I went for the flop to hopefully sit it down soft and give myself less than ~15' for a par try.  What happened starting my backswing?  Sprinklers came on.  Lol.  Hit it thin, looked like it was going to drill a super-nice pickup truck that happened to be driving by on the little road just off the green; how it missed, I have not a clue!  Under it, maybe?  I walked across the road, picked up my ball, and went to the car.  Now, I'm on my 2nd beer.    :beer:

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

5/9

Worked on my new evolvr drills today and got some video. Lots of half swing work focusing on hips and arm flex

Bryan A

5/9: Got out before the mosquitoes this evening. 30 minutes hitting full shots with my PW, with slow practice swings in between shots. Focus during practice swings was on hip turn and good weight transfer. On full shots, focused more on proper setup/aim, good tempo, and hitting the sweetspot -- and maybe a brief, in-the-back-of-my-mind-type thought about the hip turn on the way back. :content:

I've been trying to work on a routine of one to a few full or short practice swings thinking about my priority or a feel I want, and "seeing the shot". Then going into more of a "focus mode" where it's less about swing specifics, since my swing doesn't change, and more about execution -- setup and aim correctly, be "aware" of the sweetspot, a waggle or two and a deep breath..."I'm the best f***ing golfer in the world."...then pull the trigger with a good tempo swing. :-D

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

May 9th:- Very wet here today. Did 5-10 mins of mirror work, focusing on posture. Getting my belt buckle to "look at the ball" as outlined below (very glad this thread got bumped, as I hadn't seen it before).

Chris.:roll:

5/10/17:

Was going to go play today, but someone at work quit, so I have to cover the closing shift. (Grrrr!) I did get some slow swing work in today, focusing on a slower takeaway and smooth transistion.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

10/5/17 - more mirror work this evening, trying to restrict lower body movement and shorten backswing. I can now do it with the mirror there at about 60% speed, so we'll see what it's like tomorrow at the range

15 stoooooopid min. Sklz, 7i and driver 

I was such a space case tonite that I could not remember the drill for the full set.

stop at top, no full swing, oh shit it was stop at top, pump pump, ooops full swing, step thru, stop at top, I mean step thru.

well I got thru and went to chipping practice.

It should have taken 15 min, but it took me 45 min. Why you ask?

Same deal. Could not stay focused

4/11 on first round, ok, was it 4 or 5? And so it went. I finally got 5/11 in and was finishing the remaining 6 when it happened: 

I LOST a frickin ball on a 10 foot chip in my living room with a sand wedge. It took me 30 min to find the damn ball--after all, I was not gonna take a stroke and distance penalty!

5/10

Spent time in the office working on sklow motion drills which includes a pre swing move where I imitate a good impact position. I went to the range this evening and worked my drills which netted a little better results than yesterday. I just hope I'm drilling the correct movements. We will see with the next lesson.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 2518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!