IGNORED

Chris Cornell Died

billchao
Note: This thread is 2525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I usually don't post these types of threads, but damn.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/arts/music/chris-cornell-dead-soundgarden.html

Chris Cornell, the powerful, dynamic singer whose band Soundgarden was one of the architects of grunge music, has died at 52.

Mr. Cornell died Wednesday night in Detroit, said his representative, Brian Bumbery, in a statement that called the death “sudden and unexpected” and that said the singer’s family would be “working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause.”

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea agree... this one is a sad one worth talking about. Great musician. Posted this on the What Are you Listening To thread, but gonna post it again here. Always loved this song:

Constantine

The black hole sun video freaked me out as a kid... those faces... yuck

Titleist 913 D3 project x 7c3
Trident Golf 3w, 5w Apollo stepless steel stiff+
Mizuno MP-60 (4-6) Mizuno MP-32 (7-9) S300
Titleist SM 5 46/50/54/58
SeeMore FGP Original SuperStroke fatso 5.0
Pro V1

Chris Cornell was a great singer and songwriter, he made Soundgarden whole. The video for "Black Hole Sun" was a little creepy, but that nonsense song was a big hit. His solo work was very good as well... Too soon for his talent to go to rock 'n roll heaven, but they have a hell of a band up there.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Soundgarden was a big part of my high school soundtrack, along with Alice In Chains, Nirvana, and others. 

The Seattle Sound was the last great musical movement before the internet and the iPod changed music forever.

RIP Sir

"Black Hole Sun" is one of my all time favorites. Loved his work with Audioslave, too.

Put Soundgarden on Pandora for a while at work and didn't have to thumbs down a single track. I'm still an angsty grunge teen at heart I guess. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Great voice and a very sad ending indeed.  I liked Audioslave quite a bit, but that is mostly because I am a huge fan of Tom Morello.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Saw them play at Lollapalooza in early 90s along with Pearl Jam and they played as Temple of the Dog too. This was a total shocker to hear driving in to work this morning. Temple Of The Dog was like the third song that played in my 1200 song playlist today. RIP Chris. 

Soundgarden was suppose to play yesterday in Columbus at Rock on the Range.    

So sad...

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I just read that they've ruled his death a suicide.

What a shame. :-( 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

That's a big loss, Chris was an incredible musician with a great voice. I've listened a lot to his music.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, David in FL said:

I just read that they've ruled his death a suicide.

What a shame. :-( 

I read that he hung himself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I love his song writing and his voice. RIP. Condolences to his family  

I feel really bad for any family who lose someone -especially by suicide. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 2525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!