IGNORED

Mike Austin

Note: This thread is 1467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 5/23/2017 at 11:07 AM, War Eagle said:

Can someone please explain to me the cult-like following that Mike Austin has ? Sure, the guy was a big hitter (some of that probably exaggerated) but never won a PGA or other professional tournament that I can find ? And maybe he did hit a 515-yard drive downwind on rock hard fairways. 

What is the attraction with his mechanics ? 

If you are talking about his long drive at Winterwood in Vegas, the fairways were not rock hard that day. I was there, and walked on them .  Saw it with my own eyes. The guy litterlly killed the ball. Yes, it was a down wind shot, with the ball rolling over a sizeable hill before stopping. I just figured, that for that one swing,  he did everything (mechanics) perfectly.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

Crickets...

It's been like two hours Jason. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, RandallT said:

Plus, I just read the thread, and it seems like @iacas and @mvmac exhaustively covered everything already, and they're awaiting some rebuttal to their points, so your invitation looks doubly odd. 

@RandallT

With regards to your comment above, what have they (Exhaustively) covered? Your comment is ignorant and a childish statement.

With regards to their rebuttal, it was offered to another person on the forum and not to me. I being polite and asked if I could take up the challenge. Unlike you, as you have offered to provide seeds of wisdom based on a post in this forum. 

13 hours ago, billchao said:

I second this. One of my favorite parts of DJ's swing is that transition where everything starts rotating but the arms stay up.

@billchao

Your kidding mate, your statement is at the most moronic......... "One of my favourite parts of DJ's swing is the transition where everything starts rotating but the arms stay up". Dear God have another look at the images posted. DJ's arms have moved a considerable amount within a fraction of a second. What are you looking at? 

If you are going to challenge what I'm saying make it factual, not on what is your perception!

11 minutes ago, NuroPane said:

@RandallT

With regards to your comment above, what have they (Exhaustively) covered? Your comment is ignorant and a childish statement.

With regards to their rebuttal, it was offered to another person on the forum and not to me. I being polite and asked if I could take up the challenge. Unlike you, as you have offered to provide seeds of wisdom based on a post in this forum. 

@billchao

Your kidding mate, your statement is at the most moronic......... "One of my favourite parts of DJ's swing is the transition where everything starts rotating but the arms stay up". Dear God have another look at the images posted. DJ's arms have moved a considerable amount within a fraction of a second. What are you looking at? 

If you are going to challenge what I'm saying make it factual, not on what is your perception!

I think people are waiting for you to respond to @iacas's detailed response to your initial post...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

16 hours ago, RandallT said:

Umm, you challenged him to discuss things, so it is on you to start. Why would you think you could just announce you are ready for an argument have them come crawling to you? That's odd. 

Plus, I just read the thread, and it seems like @iacas and @mvmac exhaustively covered everything already, and they're awaiting some rebuttal to their points, so your invitation looks doubly odd. 

As hinted above, I'd recommend you refute their points in their posts above, as they've already written detailed posts that could easily be copy/pasted to this argument above. They pointed out lots of differences, and there has been nothing but silence.

The fact that there are 9 similarities isn't particularly convincing to me.

That video you posted is a guy they call "JH" and he moves on from one thing to another. His latest craze is something called "Channel Lock" and it's some a technique about opening up your stance and playing the ball on your back foot. Check out his site sometime. It's a scrambled mess with no consistency. So not exactly the authoritative source that I'd run around touting as your lead argument.

@RandallT

You said: "Umm, you challenged him to discuss things, so it is on you to start. Why would you think you could just announce you are ready for an argument have them come crawling to you? That's odd."

Wow you can read my mind and you are very expressive with the words that you use!

Maybe I'm just a polite person that doesn't like be a derogatory vulture and start bashing into a person that I don't know.

In response to me not rebutting what they have stated: I did make a rebuttal, please refer to the 9 points I made; or did you miss that?

Also, did I state I was basing my argument on JH's video alone. I said "I came across the video on Youtube. JH does a (very good job) explaining (some) of the keys to the MAS method that you will find very similar to keys in DJ's swing". I don't get your point, are you criticising me for using the example? If so, why? 

What do yo mean by your statement "The fact that there are 9 similarities isn't particularly convincing to me"...........I can't interpret your statement, or do you mean unless MA's swing looked like DJ's then you would be convinced? 

Note that in the address image the set up was almost the same, granted a couple of differences but nothing that distinguishes that either MA or DJ adhere to a different theory as to how to set to the ball.

You will notice in the UpSwing image - the positions are very very similar (almost similar). Both have their right elbow tucked to their right side (next to their body) on the takeaway.

I will shortly post two images of Rory and Spieth, you can see for yourself that they extend their right elbow away from their body.

I'm not saying that either way is the right way to do it; meaning letting the right elbow move away from the body on the UpSwing. Each to their own as everyone is free to swing they want to and I don't believe it is really that important. Prove me wrong if you think otherwise.

Upswing.png

Rory - Note right elbow has moved away from the body at the same position (9 O'Clock). Note that DJ and MA's right elbows do not move away at 9 O'Clock.

British_open_special_3.png

Spieth - right elbow has moved away from the body.

Before someone on this forum wants to start cutting into me about the mechanics or right elbow needing to move away from the body. Please don't because you simply just can't let go off your ill conceived ideas of what is a proper golf swing. I could spend hours explaining it to you and that could be an entirely different forum discussion.

Lets keep in mind that what I am doing is debunking ignorant and dangerous remarks and statements by someone who claims to be the best golf digests young professional teacher @iacas. I personally find offensive that you are teaching anyone because @iacas you know nothing about the golf swing and you made stupid claims. I have proved it within a couple of posts on two simple things the address and takeaway. @mvmac I'm also calling you out, both of you got stuck into people who were searching and reaching out for assistance. @RandallT I'm calling you out as well, seriously what a terrible grubby attitude you have attacking me for no reason at all. @billchao seriously mate your comment about DJ's arms staying up whilst his body turns was ridiculous and I almost didn't respond to it and almost pissed myself laughing. Seriously, are you kidding! how the hell can your arms stay up in the air whilst your body is turning. You know that your arms are attached to your body and whatever your body does your arms will follow! When you read this please stand up and do a pretend back swing, rotate your body and see if your arms can stay up in the air. I actually kind of feel offended that you actually responded to my post.

British_open_special_4.png

On 8/25/2017 at 7:45 AM, NuroPane said:

But I want to do it in a civil and positive way without attacking people

4 hours ago, NuroPane said:

Your comment is ignorant and a childish statement.

Can you speak English please I don't understand you. As far as I can make what your saying is that you are attacking me in some way, but I don't really understand what your saying because of your poor English.

Your kidding mate, your statement is at the most moronic.

I have no stake in this debate and admittedly know less about the golf swing than most of the members here, but you make a comment that you're going to debate this in a "civil way" and immediately respond with comments such as those quoted above.

It's unfortunate because you later post something reasonably intelligent like this.... 

38 minutes ago, NuroPane said:

Both have their right elbow tucked to their right side (next to their body) on the takeaway.

I will shortly post two images of Rory and Spieth, you can see for yourself that they extend their right elbow away from their body.

I'm not saying that either way is the right way to do it; meaning letting the right elbow move away from the body on the UpSwing. Each to their own as everyone is free to swing they want to and I don't believe it is really that important. Prove me wrong if you think otherwise.

....which if posted without the insults might have made your opinion worth considering.

And then there's this... 

12 minutes ago, NuroPane said:

Lets keep in mind that what I am doing is debunking ignorant and dangerous remarks and statements by someone who claims to be the best golf digests young professional teacher @iacas. I personally find offensive that you are teaching anyone because @iacas you know nothing about the golf swing and you made stupid claims. I have proved it within a couple of posts on two simple things the address and takeaway. @mvmac I'm also calling you out, both of you got stuck into people who were searching and reaching out for assistance. @RandallT I'm calling you out as well, seriously what a terrible grubby attitude you have attacking me for no reason at all. @billchao seriously mate your comment about DJ's arms staying up whilst his body turns was ridiculous and I almost didn't respond to it and almost pissed myself laughing. Seriously, are you kidding! how the hell can your arms stay up in the air whilst your body is turning. You know that your arms are attached to your body and whatever your body does your arms will follow! When you read this please stand up and do a pretend back swing, rotate your body and see if your arms can stay up in the air. I actually kind of feel offended that you actually responded to my post.

Seriously @NuroPane, you didn't join this forum to help anyone. Say what you mean and mean what you say. You came here to pick a fight - you know it and everyone else know's it. It's unfortunate because had you approached this with just an ounce of civility, you might have been taken seriously.

You're an internet troll at best.

Edited by JonMA1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

Jon

@JonMA1 mate you have taken it completely out of context. I was attacked by internet trolls with insulting comments without cause.

Am I supposed to just let others walk all over me, sit back and take their abuse?

Are you saying I can't defend my self?

Or do you have a problem with me being proving that I believe MA's swing theories are valid?

You are the internet troll and you are good at it because you have done it in a covert and politically correct way........ Congratulations you have taken out of context what I have said and you didn't contribute to the discussion in a valid way at all but you just had to have your say?

top.png.5b847c26f7f4e720dad8a5661bb41584.png

As you can see in the above image the top of the back swing is very similar. The right leg has straightened a bit, but it is not locked, the hands are high and above the head in the image. The left arm is not locked and it is not perfectly straight. you can see that both MA and DJ have pronated left wrists.

As you can see in the following images both swings are very similar at the downswing stage. It is very difficult to compare as the sequence of the frames are different and you can see that DJ has started to release the club. If we had an image of MA that was a fraction of a second later it would be almost identical as you would see that MA also releases the club what many PGA teachers say is early. Which is against conventional belief that you have to hold onto the wrist set. DJ is also more over the ball and MA is behind the ball more, but the key is that the right shoulder lever is behind the right knee.DownSwing.png.f157af6b5a4b94c200d024c46af1badf.png

I won't add any words to this image, but if you were a MA disciple and you knew about his swing theories, DJ's swing is more MA than Mike's.

Impact1.png

More of the same, the follow through. DJ's swing adhere's to MA's theories more than MA's actual swing. Please pay particular attention to the right forearm on both it is pointing at the sky. MA said it was like and underarm throwing action.

Followthru.png

1 hour ago, NuroPane said:

@JonMA1 mate you have taken it completely out of context. I was attacked by internet trolls with insulting comments without cause.

Am I supposed to just let others walk all over me, sit back and take their abuse?

Are you saying I can't defend my self?

Or do you have a problem with me being proving that I believe MA's swing theories are valid?

You are the internet troll and you are good at it because you have done it in a covert and politically correct way........ Congratulations you have taken out of context what I have said and you didn't contribute to the discussion in a valid way at all but you just had to have your say?

Stop playing the victim. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@billchao seriously mate your comment about DJ's arms staying up whilst his body turns was ridiculous and I almost didn't respond to it and almost pissed myself laughing. Seriously, are you kidding! how the hell can your arms stay up in the air whilst your body is turning. You know that your arms are attached to your body and whatever your body does your arms will follow!

His arms stay up in relation to his body. They don't "start the downswing" as you put it, he rotates his hips, his legs, his core, shoulders, etc., but the arm angles are retained.

Raise your arms over your head and then squat your knees. Your arms have moved in space but not because of an active arm action.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

His arms stay up in relation to his body. They don't "start the downswing" as you put it, he rotates his hips, his legs, his core, shoulders, etc., but the arm angles are retained.

Raise your arms over your head and then squat your knees. Your arms have moved in space but not because of an active arm action.

Have you change your mind?

Finish.png

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Stop playing the victim. 

Mate and I'm the one that is being called a troll.

Now that is a passive aggressive troll comment.

Have you change your mind?

Finish.png

Mate and I'm the one that is being called a troll.

Now that is a passive aggressive troll comment.

Mate, I am a moderator giving you advice on how to behave on our forum.  You can either take that advice or continue to spiral down and get more warnings. 

You said came here looking for a civil debate and yet you were the first one to start with insults and trolling. Folks asked you to counter points made in the many pages above. You were vague at best, and as we thought, were just looking for a fight. 

Behave or get more warnings. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!