• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Vinsk

Hank Haney questions Bernhard Langer's Putting

183 posts in this topic

Is a rule a rule if you can't tell when it has been broken?  I think they need to do some rewording so that it is possible to decide whether it has been definitively broken or not from video evidence.  Even something as simple as if your hand touches your shirt near your chest then that is deemed to be anchoring.  Still want to putt that way?  Then you need to wear a tighter shirt or move your hand further away.  This whole gray area of 'my hand is close but not touching honest and I just feel more comfortable in a loose fitting shirt' just seems pointless.

I know there is the whole 'golf is a noble sport and players will call fouls on themselves' thing but even so imho the rule making body should be independently able to determine if any of their rules are broken.

6 hours ago, ZappyAd said:

Is a rule a rule if you can't tell when it has been broken?  

Good point.

This just doesn't pass the smell test for me. It's like walking into your kid's room and he slams the laptop shut and his hand's in his pants and he tells you he's doing research and his fingers are cold.

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

Good point.

This just doesn't pass the smell test for me. It's like walking into your kid's room and he slams the laptop shut and his hand's in his pants and he tells you he's doing research and his fingers are cold.

I hope he doesn't anchor when he's night putting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades