IGNORED

2017 Travelers Championship

Chris223
Note: This thread is 2494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, ChrisP said:

I see a name at -2 that I haven't seen in years....Hunter Mahan. What in the name of golf has happened to that guy? Tim Clark is another name that has vanished off the face of the planet.

Mahan fell off the planet after he flubbed that pitch at the Ryder Cup lol it seems.  

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

• Administrator

Aha…

The circuit initiated a strength-of-field regulation this season, which requires players who didn’t have at least 25 starts in the previous season to add an event to their schedules that they hadn’t played in the last four seasons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Aha…

Heard about that last year, its the only reason Rory and Speith are there lol.  It's a start.  It really should be any regular event must be played in at least every 4 years by every PGA Tour card holding player.  But considering the top players wind up playing what, 20-23 events since I think majors and the like do not count towards this, several of them have to add an event.  People don't want to watch a bunch of guys they've never heard of on Sunday

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

I'm listening to this on Sirius XM and the idiots screaming after a tee shot sounds like they're being murdered. I just don't understand why these people are doing that. Are they that desperate for attention?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• Administrator

Spieth in the water with a 3W, oof.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Putter is en fuego though...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I breezed through the course layout on pgatour.com and the course looks like it should be easier than the scores are showing.  I haven't followed it much this week.  Has it been bad weather or are the greens tough?  I don't know, I was expecting someone to be around -20 with a bunch around there based on the layout.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

I breezed through the course layout on pgatour.com and the course looks like it should be easier than the scores are showing.  I haven't followed it much this week.  Has it been bad weather or are the greens tough?  I don't know, I was expecting someone to be around -20 with a bunch around there based on the layout.

It's a par-70 layout, so no, not -20...that would be crazy low. Spieth is -13 at the moment. If, just to project, he finishes -16, that's averaging a 66 every day.

But Furyk did shoot 58 on it last year so, yeah, the potential to go low is there.

Edited by zipazoid

All I want to know is how the hell did Boo Weekly get to be 43 freaking years old?!  :~(

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

13 minutes ago, David in FL said:

All I want to know is how the hell did Boo Weekly get to be 43 freaking years old?!  :~(

I know, right?

I wish I could do beers with that guy, and I would ask him this question - "Boo, you & Bubba are from the same town. How come you're so awesome & he's such a douche?"

Now, knowing how Boo is, I would expect something like, "Well, my Momma always said that if I ain't got nothin' good to say about someone to just shut my mouth."

Thanks, Boo. That answered my question.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, David in FL said:

He's only 43!!??  I would have guessed much closer to 50.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Wow!  Helluva shot under the circumstances.

Congrats Jordon!

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

With JS often struggling off the tee...I thought he may pull the 3W after DB hit his tee shot left. JS was damn lucky he got that kick. But his bunker shot was golden. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

With JS often struggling off the tee...I thought he may pull the 3W after DB hit his tee shot left. JS was damn lucky he got that kick. But his bunker shot was golden. 

Hit the tree, knock it in the bunker, hole the bunker shot. Ho hum. 

On 6/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, Let it Fly said:

If you're heading back on I-84, Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe or Frankie's Hot Dogs are my favorite spots to grab a quick meal.  Both spots are in Waterbury just off the highway.  

If time is no issue, I'd head back up toward Hartford and go to Carbone's.  Diamond in the rough as it's in a tough area of the city, but just throw the parking lot attendant $20 and you're good :-D...well worth it because the food is fantastic.  

Excellent suggestion on Frankies!  Was awesome sir.  What a great round to go to as well, was nuts when Jordan sunk that bunker shot!  

Note: This thread is 2494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!