IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(edited)
2 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Let's hear some scores and see some videos. Since about 96% of golfers shoot 100 or more I must have found Golf nirvana here. Everyone shoots par. Rob McGill, what's easiest way to find him? Thanks 

How many members are on this forum compared to how many people in the world play golf? Many casual golfers do not care to seek out a forum like this that is geared towards really improving your game and getting better. A huge percentage of golfers just like to play golf, period and don't care "as much" about getting to a certain level of play. This forum is a place where the smaller percentage of golfers that have goals of getting to a certain level come and learn and get tips. I have directed many friends to the site but they do not sign up because they just love playing no matter what they shoot. To them, it's not as important to break 80. So saying you have found "golf nirvana here" is not really an accurate statement to make in the grand scheme of things.  

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

The thing is, many of us who are here USED to shoot higher, but through this forum we've improved. Some more than others, of course.

well said - good point

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

The thing is, many of us who are here USED to shoot higher, but through this forum we've improved. Some more than others, of course.

I've learned a lot here. Just being immersed in the topic every day helps certain concepts to crystallize. IMO there is no substitute for putting in the time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Thing is, you are on a website that deals with proven facts as much as possible. I am not going out to try some wonky swing that has no data or shots I can't see the trajectory and distance of. Breed and Hall teach and demonstrate on a launch monitor, this would only help your cause. We have to see the ball flight or some sort of data or for all I know you are duffing them into a mattress.

You figured me out. Lol

@JoeB from Tennessee I have a few questions:

• Please give us examples of good players-People who can break 80 almost every time and maybe people we have all heard of-Who release down their eye line.
  • Are Annika and Duval examples?
  • What about your follow through-With your elbows and wrists all bent up and you stabbing yourself with the butt end of the club-is stable?
  • If my eye line is out to the right am I going to hit a push or a draw for certain?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

18 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Not every golf swing needs to be the same but there are elements that are the same for almost every good golfer. Building a swing with five simple keys "5sk" is the simple approach that is already out there.  All this work has already been done, look up 5sk. 

It would really help you if you get to inline impact (one of the five simple keys) with your arms extended.  To get the feel practice punch shots with an abbreviated follow through with your arms and club extended and pointed to the target.

You won't find any flippers among the pros.

Like Jim Furyk (who does have all five of the simple keys) as does pretty much every good golfer.  It's remarkable that you've gotten to an 8 with all the compensations and timing required in your swing.

Jim Furyk full swing, notice that a straight line can be drawn from his left elbow and straight down the club, that's inline at impact.

JF1.PNG

JF2.PNG

Impact. Straight line. I am curious as to other 4 to see how I'm doing. Thanks (seriously)

IMG_2117.PNG

2 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Impact. Straight line. I am curious as to other 4 to see how I'm doing. Thanks (seriously)

IMG_2117.PNG

That is not even close to inline. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

6 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

• Please give us examples of good players-People who can break 80 almost every time and maybe people we have all heard of-Who release down their eye line.
  • What about your follow through-With your elbows and wrists all bent up and you stabbing yourself with the butt end of the club-is stable?
  • If my eye line is out to the right am I going to hit a push or a draw for certain?

No club face plays a role. Push down the eye line not release. Has anyone in history of golf hit with their follow through? No. Listen there is compression, every time. I'll post players who do this. Watch his hands, it's the intention of where he's going, not what happens after the release. After the release is irrelevant. Period. 

5 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

That is not even close to inline. 

Your very own definition is forearm/ shaft inline. I do seriously want to know the other 4 I like measurables 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

Inline???

Guys, that's not how we define inline…

It's close:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-23%20at%2012.34.

Not quite inline, and he's cheating with a back ball position, but inline is just where the shaft points, not what the elbow is doing. Otherwise… Lee Westwood, Jordan Spieth, etc.

6 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

No club face plays a role. Push down the eye line not release.

Dude, you're just saying words at this point (or typing them). You don't push down the eye line. You flip. That's why you have to cheat and put the ball so far back in your stance.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

It's close:

Not quite inline, and he's cheating with a back ball position, but inline is just where the shaft points, not what the elbow is doing. Otherwise… Lee Westwood, Jordan Spieth, etc.

Dude, you're just saying words at this point (or typing them). You don't push down the eye line. You flip. That's why you have to cheat and put the ball so far back in your stance.

I may have been exaggerating it a bit...haha

15 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

No club face plays a role. 

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's close:

I never knew there were rules to hitting a golf ball. Now I know why everyone is so upset. That video I move the ball from left heel to right to show no matter where, I hit it. No trying to get better contact for the camera. Listen every strike is good. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I never knew there were rules to hitting a golf ball. Now I know why everyone is so upset. That video I move the ball from left heel to right to show no matter where, I hit it. No trying to get better contact for the camera. Listen every strike is good. 

Of course there are. The rules of physics apply.

Your low point is well behind where it should be, because you flip a bit, so you "cheat" it and move the ball back in your stance. This leads to a lower launch angle than is ideal, which in turn will make it difficult to play golf at a higher level.

And this isn't left heel:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-23%20at%2012.50.

That's your first swing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm not really sure why if I'm such a flippy hack your wasting your time. I honestly didn't think I would get much feedback. There's something you can't figure out, when you watch you don't believe me. When you listen to contact it sounds like I know what I'm doing, that's a sound of compression, a golf shot. It baffles people. It's like the guy you played you knew never had a chance, look at that swing, are you serious? Then he takes them to school. That's me. 

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Of course there are. The rules of physics apply.

Your low point is well behind where it should be, because you flip a bit, so you "cheat" it and move the ball back in your stance. This leads to a lower launch angle than is ideal, which in turn will make it difficult to play golf at a higher level.

And this isn't left heel:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-23%20at%2012.50.

That's your first swing.

Thanks for all your feedback. 

A few minutes ago I genuinely asked for the other steps but you're just coming back with this then that. You're on this thread for one reason, discredit. 

Find another way to feed the ego. I'm not worth it. 

Moving on.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I'm not really sure why if I'm such a flippy hack your wasting your time.

Several reasons. It's my site, I'm interested in discussing instruction and ideas and all that involves, and at least a little bit because I have an interest in making sure people here aren't mislead.

There's something you can't figure out, when you watch you don't believe me.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

When you listen to contact it sounds like I know what I'm doing, that's a sound of compression, a golf shot.

Because you're playing the ball well back in your stance, before your flip.

It baffles people. It's like the guy you played you knew never had a chance, look at that swing, are you serious? Then he takes them to school. That's me.

You're an 8 index. You rarely break 80 on a reasonably staunch course. You're not taking any good players to school. That's not you.

You're on this thread for one reason, discredit.

Nope. But if that's the excuse you need to go back to shooting 83 without bothering the fine folks here at TST, that's okay by me, too.

And here's the thing… if your "method" or whatever you want to call it can't even surpass basic checks… it's dead in the water before it can even get going.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Several reasons. It's my site, I'm interested in discussing instruction and ideas and all that involves, and at least a little bit because I have an interest in making sure people here aren't mislead.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

Because you're playing the ball well back in your stance, before your flip.

You're an 8 index. You rarely break 80 on a reasonably staunch course. You're not taking any good players to school. That's not you.

Nope. But if that's the excuse you need to go back to shooting 83 without bothering the fine folks here at TST, that's okay by me, too.

And here's the thing… if your "method" or whatever you want to call it can't even surpass basic checks… it's dead in the water before it can even get going.

Is this how you treat all your new members? You have no interest on who's misled. You've made it an agenda. Well you know what congrats on your site and I'll move on. These aren't basic checks, I've not gotten 1 piece of constructive criticism, only narcissistic digs. I wanted to share something I've learned but from my 1st post it's been we're watching you, fact, we'll drop you immediately, fact. Then 2 days of trying to defend myself like I've committed a crime. If that's checks, I'll pass. Good luck. 

22 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I'm not really sure why if I'm such a flippy hack your wasting your time. I honestly didn't think I would get much feedback.

I don't think anyone called you a "flippy hack" unless I missed something somewhere.  You are on a golf forum, saying you "created a way to build a golf swing"...how did you not figure you would get much feedback...especially when you haven't posted any DTL videos or anything so we can see ball flight compared to setup position? 

25 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

When you listen to contact it sounds like I know what I'm doing, that's a sound of compression, a golf shot.

It just sounds like you are making contact with the ball and not blading it...that's it as far as what I can hear..

25 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

It's like the guy you played you knew never had a chance, look at that swing, are you serious? Then he takes them to school. That's me. 

Nope, I have said before, if it works for you, by all means use it...but you are not the guy that is going take me to school...not in the least bit..

This forum is a genuinely positive forum...when you come on here and make these claims, but don't provide us with what we are asking for...Trackman data, DTL video, vlog of 9 holes played, etc...people wont take you seriously.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!