IGNORED

Can an LPGA player win on PGA tour?

chspeed
Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Could an LPGA player win on PGA tour?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Could an LPGA player win on PGA tour?

• Yes, it's possible
    • Yes, sometime in the future
    • No, but they could come close
    • Never happen
  2. 2. Could a modern LPGA player win on the modern PGA Tour in the next 20 years? (Better Poll Questions)

• No.
    • Yes.
    • I don't want to vote; this fence is mighty comfy.
  3. 3. If the best LPGA Tour player at any given point in time competed against a full field of PGA Tour players over 10,000 regular PGA Tour events, how many times would she win?

58 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

How about a Web.com event?

Extremely doubtful. Web guys are a fraction off the tour.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 weeks later...

After seeing the stat that Rory hit 38 or 42 drives over 300 yards at Firestone (or something close to that), I really don't see how a lady could complete with the men from a shear length perspective.  I know distance isn't everything, but with distance you are usually talking power also, so have the power to hit it over trees, out of the rough and such.  IMHO, I just don't see an LPGA player having any chance of winning a PGA event now or in the future. 

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

It's possible. But, not probable.

Know what I mean, Vern?

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

3 hours ago, BallMarker said:

It's possible. But, not probable.

Know what I mean, Vern?

Not possible. Whatever 'unusual situation' occurred to allow an LPGA player to do well in a PGA tournament (and there would have to be something..unusually short, easy pins, soft greens, etc.) would benefit the male PGA competitors as well. Therefore, not possible.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

PGA fields are too deep and the players more athletic now. In the late '90's - early 00's, maybe a woman would make a cut. Doubt it now. Lexi may have the distance but does not seem to have the overall game.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

19 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Not possible. Whatever 'unusual situation' occurred to allow an LPGA player to do well in a PGA tournament (and there would have to be something..unusually short, easy pins, soft greens, etc.) would benefit the male PGA competitors as well. Therefore, not possible.

In golf, upsets are always possible.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

11 minutes ago, BallMarker said:

For one round, against one player, maybe.  For 72 holes, against an entire field of PGA Tour players?  Ain't gonna happen.  Ever.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 minutes ago, David in FL said:

For one round, against one player, maybe.  For 72 holes, against an entire field of PGA Tour players?  Ain't gonna happen.  Ever.

Well, there's this thing called genetic engineering.... lol!

Vishal S.

10 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Even if it is minuscule, it is a possibility.

53 minutes ago, BallMarker said:

The type of thinking that built Las Vegas.... :-D 

• Like 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

The type of thinking that built Las Vegas.... :-D 

In my defense, I don't gamble......much at all.:-\

16 hours ago, BallMarker said:

Yeah but we're not talking unicorns and fairies type of stuff, it's an actual question being asked with realistic and known factors. So again, no, it's not possible.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

No. None of this. Impossible for 140 players to shit the bed. Even Willet would still beat the best LPGA  pro. :beer:

Give it up. This isn't a random draw so chance is not an option. There is no chance.

• Like 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!