IGNORED

2017 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale Discussion Thread

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the fans at 18 after Keopkas group finishes might be like "huh, did Spieth and Kuch just decide to not play the last hole?" Like a 2 hole gap lol

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I'm rooting so hard against Spieth right now.

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm rooting for Spieth. I don't agree with how long it took him on 13 but I appreciate what a gamer he is.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

I think Haotong LI can start packing his bags. These guys aren't going to gag this much with two par-5s left in the last 4 holes. But then again, who knows.

Probably, but I wouldn't if I were him.  I imagine if I were in position to win a tournament that had same-day playoffs (instead of card-offs) at any level, I wouldn't leave the course until I knew for a fact I wasn't winning (meaning someone in the clubhouse with a lower total).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I'm rooting for Spieth. I don't agree with how long it took him on 13 but I appreciate what a gamer he is.

Yeah...me too. I know it's more enjoyable to see two guys play spectacularly with the lead and battle (Stenson/Phil), but there is something cool about watching him just try to hang on.

They also need to be on the damn clock.

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

4 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I'm the same. I think a lot of players and even us in that same situation would have taken close to that long. It's just the situation. But I do hope he gets a warning for time. But I'd be happy if either he or Kuch wins. Both great guys in the game.

Advertisement for Brickyard during a golf broadcast.  I get that NBC carries both.  I wonder what the fan crossover is.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Go Jordan!  lol.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, jamo said:

I'm rooting so hard against Spieth right now.

Ditto. But Kuch will let us down.

3 minutes ago, 26point2 said:

I'm actually ok w/the pace of play...so long as golf is on I don't have to do any house work.

I'm not. Nor should the fellow competitors. Or Kuchar.

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I'm the same. I think a lot of players and even us in that same situation would have taken close to that long. It's just the situation.

No. No excuse to take that long. Simple ruling/decision. Violated 6-7.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nice bunker shot by Kuchar. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. No excuse to take that long. Simple ruling/decision. Violated 6-7.

Don't you have to be warned first for time before you can be penalized? 

Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!