IGNORED

Addressing ball with driver

ThumbtackR9
Note: This thread is 2473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I feel like I need some type of routine when hitting my driver as far as set up.  I've tried a few different things but not satisfied yet.  Do you address the ball in the center of the club, toe or heel and is the club grounded.  I have never been one to tee my ball real high.  I usually have about half the ball above the top of the driver but most of the time I still hit it high on the face.  Sometime I hit or skim the ground  but I have a fear if I tee it up high I will hit under it.  I am 70 so I don't have a mighty swing and don't take the club back real far.  I have been doing some stretching to try and come back a little further with the club.   

I have 5 different drivers and I have put the stick on markers on them to check my pattern and I don't really have a certain pattern on any of them.  Four have regular shafts and one has a senior shaft. Just any ideas would be appreciate.

Everyone is different so our routines tend to be different.  I hover my driver rather than ground it behind the ball. I align it with the ball in the middle.  The ball is teed relatively high as I swing slightly upward (or at least that is my intent).

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I may try the hover routine.  I wonder if I may be standing with to much weight on the balls of my feet causing me to lean forward when I swing..  Going to keep trying.  I bought me a cheap digital camera and tripod.  SHould be here soon.  If I film myself maybe I can see something I am doing wrong.  I don't think it has anything to do with the club though.  It's me.  Thanks for the advice.  Maybe I can post some video.

I just step up and say, "hello ball..."

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yeah, as has been said everyone is different. My club rests on the ground, but only slightly. My club face is slightly open. The ball is basically off my front heel.

"Witty golf quote."

10 hours ago, ThumbtackR9 said:

Do you address the ball in the center of the club, toe or heel and is the club grounded.  

Slightly to the toe side of center. Club is grounded. I tee it up with about 3/4 the ball above the crown. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

Mark "The Bird" Fidrych did that too~!  ;-)

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

14 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

In David's bag....

14 hours ago, David in FL said:

The video allowed me to understand your post..   Thanks for sharing.   That was fantastic..  

34 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

The video allowed me to understand your post..   Thanks for sharing.   That was fantastic..  

Most members here are too young to remember that.

Sadly, I'm not....  :8)

In David's bag....

12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Slightly to the toe side of center. Club is grounded. I tee it up with about 3/4 the ball above the crown. 

I am lined up in the middle, club is grounded and I am the same with ball height.  I tee it up pretty high as it is a reminder to swing up at the ball...and an even bigger reminder that I didn't if I forget to swing up, as it is a pop fly...but that is pretty uncommon for me now.

23 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Most members here are too young to remember that.

Sadly, I'm not....  :8)

I'm probably not too young but I didn't watch TV growing up.   I liked the reference.

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

RIP. He was a local boy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The hover technique gets my arms way too tense. My most loose swing is with the driver. Personally, I align it to "try" and hit it above 0.5" towards the heel because my coordination puts that in the sweet spot. If I actually try to hit the center of the face I very often hit it in the heel about 0.5". Just a hand-eye perception thing, not a big deal.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Note: This thread is 2473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!