IGNORED

Hello from Milwaukee, WI

TheArtfulDodger
Note: This thread is 2601 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

I just got back into the game this spring and was/am completely smitten with it. An absolutely addiction. When I am not playing with friends, I am at the range, or chipping down my hallway. I read/think about it in bed, at work, on dates. I used to mess around a bit in high school but nothing serious, certainly not anything like now. I love everything about the game. The insane amount of difficulty, the freshly mowed grass, the crazy amount of detailed rules(satisfies my OCD), and fact that when I am playing I seem forget about EVERYTHING else in my life and only worry about playing well and having a good time.

Anyway, my goal is to just play a round of golf and reduce the amount of embarrassment. Right now just to break 100. I will be making a post in the Instruction or Swing Thoughts forum soon regarding this as it seems no matter what I try nothing seems to cure a certain issue I have. 

Very excited to be around folks as obsessed with the game as me and look forward to contributing. Thanks!

Edited by TheArtfulDodger

Driver: :tmade: R15 10.5°
3-Wood: :tmade: Aeroburner 15°
Hybrid: :tmade: Aeroburner 19°
Irons: :titleist: DCI Gold 4i - PW
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 52° 56° 60°
Putter: :ping: Cadence

Welcome!  I grew up in your general neighborhood.  Before I realized that there were roads that go south... ;-) 

We're glad to have you!  

:beer:

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey from Georgia.  Golf is (as you are finding out) an incurable disease.  Like Cowpox, however, it beats the alternative by a wide margin.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Welcome from Minnesota

• Like 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Welcome to the site @TheArtfulDodger.  I also live in the Milwaukee area.  This is a great place to find info on how to break 100.  

• Like 1

Nate

:tmade:(10.5) :pxg:(4W/7W) MIURA(3-PW) :mizuno:(50/54/60) 

Welcome @TheArtfulDodger! Wow! The North Pole huh? Well I'm sure you'll find everything you need to get your golf buzz here. It's the best site for golf enthusiasts by far. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, TheArtfulDodger said:

Anyway, my goal is to just play a round of golf and reduce the amount of embarrassment. Right now just to break 100. I will be making a post in the Instruction or Swing Thoughts forum soon regarding this as it seems no matter what I try nothing seems to cure a certain issue I have. 

Welcome to the forum!  You'll break 100 in no time;  the only question is whether it's the right goal for you. 

Check this out: 

Following this, you might decide to work on a different aspect of your game;  that might delay the time it takes you to come back with a double-digit score, but you'll be a better golfer for it (and it might mean lower scores beyond simply a single double-digit round). 

In any case, lots of great instructional resources for you.  We look forward to talking with you more.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2601 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!