IGNORED

Why did I trade in that club???

4right
Note: This thread is 2371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a habit of rotating my fairway woods. Once I throw down the bucks for a driver, it stays put for at least 5 years. My irons (MP-14), over 20 years now. My putter changed from a Ping B-60 (20 years) to an Odyssey Marksman (past 10 years). Still have the B-60. My wedge is Cleveland Tour Action 56 deg that I've had for over 30 years. I've killed a rattlesnake with it. 

The fairway woods are like old girlfriends, you think about them once in a while, but the memory fades. There is always that one that seem to stick in your mind the longest. Mine was a Ping ISI  3- wood with a regular flex steel shaft. So I searched and searched without my wife knowing, and set a date ( 1 week shipping) to get reacquainted with my old friend:)  Diablo move over..... 

Here's a picture. After all these years, I don't look that good either.

Ping ISI 3 wood.jpg

On purpose?! ;-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a 5w I really liked and could hit well, but I broke it so I couldn't use it anymore. I think I tried to fix it once but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

So yea, just like an ex girlfriend ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Well... The date didn't exactly go as planned. First of all, I purchased this club as pictured from 3Balls .com. What showed up was an older Karsten fairway wood with an all metal bottom. Not an ISI hybrid model. I returned the club to them, and was refunded the full amount. Soon after, I found one on Ebay. I received it a little over a week ago. I took it to the range, but the old magic just wasn't there. Another $40. club to add to my club boneyard. It did show me how much better I have it with my current Diablo.....3W. 

similar story, but in my case, it was a set of Orlimar Tri-Metal Miraged (low profile), I practically gave them away to an older gentleman who purchased some other stuff from me. He was absolutely thrilled!

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On 10/19/2017 at 3:32 PM, 4right said:

I took it to the range, but the old magic just wasn't there. Another $40. club to add to my club boneyard.

I have done this so many times that my room is overflowing with golf clubs. I review them periodically to ask: How well do I play with this? and Is it time to go to the 1st Tee? -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

If you look in my closet and the spare room where I keep my clubs, you would see I don't trade many in.

I need a purge. I actually did sell a few back in the summer, but they were mostly recent acquisitions. I have a Taylor Raylor from about 1990 that still gets in the bag now and then, but a little 15* Callaway XR may have permanently taken that spot for the next 10 years or so. I won't be selling the Raylor though.

Edited by dbuck

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

7 hours ago, dbuck said:

If you look in my closet and the spare room where I keep my clubs, you would see I don't trade many in.

I need a purge. I actually did sell a few back in the summer, but they were mostly recent acquisitions. I have a Taylor Raylor from about 1990 that still gets in the bag now and then, but a little 15* Callaway XR may have permanently taken that spot for the next 10 years or so. I won't be selling the Raylor though.

Damn right on the Raylor....awesome club!

On 10/19/2017 at 4:32 PM, 4right said:

Well... The date didn't exactly go as planned. First of all, I purchased this club as pictured from 3Balls .com. What showed up was an older Karsten fairway wood with an all metal bottom. Not an ISI hybrid model. I returned the club to them, and was refunded the full amount. Soon after, I found one on Ebay. I received it a little over a week ago. I took it to the range, but the old magic just wasn't there. Another $40. club to add to my club boneyard. It did show me how much better I have it with my current Diablo.....3W. 

My buddy has a Diablo 3 wood that he has let me hit on the practice tee, Amazing! He doesn't play it, currently, but won't part with it, despite repeated pleading on my part!

On 10/27/2017 at 12:31 PM, dbuck said:

Sounds like me! My "back room" looks like one at the local golf store!

Note: This thread is 2371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!