IGNORED

How old are your irons?

Note: This thread is 2242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irons a little over a year, wedges about 2ish, driver and woods 5 years. 

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

cally-x12.jpg

Edited by LBlack14

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Out of the box when I got home from work.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i think there about 5 years now. i carry the Mizuno MP59 irons. still love them and see no reason to change them. i just replaced my woods tho and that is a big change.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I have four sets of irons from old Ping Eye 2s, Ping G25s up to new Cobra irons. Fairway wood and drivers, same thing from really old, (10+ years) to a new Ping G driver. I'm kind of a club hound and my garage is full of clubs. I like playing with the old clubs sometimes, (when not in league play), just for fun so I keep them.

Note: This thread is 2242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Yeah, that. It stands out… because it's so rare. And interest in Caitlin Clark will likely result in a very small bump to the WNBA or something… and then it will go back down to very low viewership numbers. Like it's always had. A small portion, yep. It doesn't help that she lost, either. Girls often don't even want to watch women playing sports. My daughter golfs… I watch more LPGA Tour golf than she does, and it's not even close. I watch more LPGA Tour golf than PGA Tour golf, even. She watches very little of either. It's just the way it is. Yes, it's a bit of a vicious cycle, but… how do you break it? If you invest a ton of money into broadcasting an LPGA Tour event, the same coverage you'd spend on a men's event… you'll lose a ton of money. It'd take decades to build up the interest. Even with interest in the PGA Tour declining.
    • Oh yea, now I remember reading about you on TMZ!
    • Of course there's not a simple or knowable answer here. But the whole Caitlin Clark phenomenon is a nice example IMO. Suddenly there was wall to wall media coverage and national attention and... the women's tournament got similar ratings to the men's and much higher ratings than the men in the final four. With every indication that there will be some portion of the uptick that remains going forward. And there's the whole element that Sue Bird brought up. That basketball needed a pretty enough white superstar guard. One who looks like the "cute little white girls" that describes most of the soccer USWNT that's been able to achieve much higher popularity than any version of women's basketball, which is dominated by black players and none of any race who could be described as little... I do think women's sports are in a good place to start taking off more though. It's really only in the coming 5-10 years that the majority of girls will start to come of age with post Title IX grandmothers (as in their grandmothers were allowed to be serious athletes). I don't follow men's or women's basketball much, but in golf for sure the women's tour has gotten much deeper over the past 20 years and only looks to keep going in that direction. I've heard the same about women's basketball. And the patriarchal attitudes that socialized girls out of sports and everyone out of women's sports fandom aren't gone but have def diminished.
    • Day 43. Working on weight shift and hand path into the net
    • I have nothing to add other than I freaking love her swing and I think she's hot as hell and some of my golfing buddies disagree so I fought them

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...