IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Matches at Talamore Resort (Pinehurst, NC)

iacas

11 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

It seems so much longer than 5 years ago. It will always be a great memory.

5 Years, where does the time go, but what a great time.

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

It seems so much longer than 5 years ago. It will always be a great memory.

It only seems like about a month ago...oh wait, cause I've been going every August since then. 😉

We moved our annual Myrtle Beach trip to Talamore because of how awesome this event was and have not looked back.

https://coachjimsc.wixsite.com/talamore2022

Also Talamore has added Toptracer to the driving range and our group was picked to be the first guinea pigs.

305563820_813879966280758_41867763134053

Talamore Golf Resort shared a post on Instagram: "📅 Opening Day 📅 Toptracer range officially opens Friday, September 9th. 🔘 For now, all times must be booked in advance by calling the Talamore Villa Office at...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

6 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

It only seems like about a month ago...oh wait, cause I've been going every August since then. 😉

We moved our annual Myrtle Beach trip to Talamore because of how awesome this event was and have not looked back.

https://coachjimsc.wixsite.com/talamore2022

Also Talamore has added Toptracer to the driving range and our group was picked to be the first guinea pigs.

Yeah, I get there every year, or more, but it still seems like yesterday that we were all together, relative strangers for a day, good friends just a couple of days later.  This year, I'll be spending 3 weeks at Talamore, 1 week with a group of guys, the second week for Thanksgiving with my wife, and then staying another week in order to attend the USGA Rules Workshop at Pine Needles.  I'll be interested to try the Top Tracer, and to see the new short-game area at Talamore.  

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I still remember flying one over the apartments to try and drive the green. Not sure what course that was at. But that trip was definitely a lot of fun! I wonder if @bkuehn1952is healed yet from that butt kicking. 😉

• Like 1
  • Booooooooo 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

6 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I still remember flying one over the apartments to try and drive the green. Not sure what course that was at.

Mid South hole #2. 

image.thumb.png.2e3fb4158549c30a1abcc3a627c65f16.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

52 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I still remember flying one over the apartments to try and drive the green. Not sure what course that was at. But that trip was definitely a lot of fun! I wonder if @bkuehn1952is healed yet from that butt kicking. 😉

Yeah, and although you didn’t reach the green, you did clear the hazard.

Im still kicking myself that we didn’t surprise them with their challenge ball on 13 (could be misremembering the number but it was the long par 4), they would’ve had to have relied on getting up and down from a fair distance for that par.

Blue may have still won, but it would’ve potentially made the conclusion that much more nail biting.

Whens the next one coming??? 😉

Edited by Golfingdad

3 hours ago, phillyk said:

I wonder if @bkuehn1952is healed yet from that butt kicking. 😉

He probably got over that during the time he kept the Newport Cup.  There's a something about about winning a battle, but losing a war, your side has still lost.  :whistle:

• Thumbs Up 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

6 hours ago, phillyk said:

I always preface the telling of the story about the match with the fact that it was against a pro golfer 38 years younger than me. Of course I don’t mention I was getting 18 strokes and with my failing memory, my story is the match was decided on #18 when my birdie putt lipped out. 😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Brian Kuehn

6 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I always preface the telling of the story about the match with the fact that it was against a pro golfer 38 years younger than me. Of course I don’t mention I was getting 18 strokes and with my failing memory, my story is the match was decided on #18 when my birdie putt lipped out. 😉

That's how I remember it too, especially the winning part. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 9/29/2022 at 5:57 PM, iacas said:

Did I ever post this?

My goodness, now I understand the comments on my swing back then… oof. Makes me wonder what I’ll say about my swing today in 5yrs. 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:52 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

What I remember was that I was -5 when you conceded. 😉 I’m trying to stay positive. I was definitely bummed on the overall loss.  But it was a great experience! Maybe Bandon Dunes for the next one?!?!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!