IGNORED

New EVNROLL putter models

Note: This thread is 2303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well, from what I understand everyone that ever uses an EVNROLL putter absolutely swears by it is never going back.  

I've looked at them, but honestly, never really liked the look of their models.   if I'm spending that much on a putter, I'm getting a Scotty Cameron Newport 2, because at least the shape suits me..   but, it seems, I may have to rethink that.  

https://mygolfspy.com/2018-evnroll-putters/

get a look at that ER1.1  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, lastings said:

well, from what I understand everyone that ever uses an EVNROLL putter absolutely swears by it is never going back.  

I've looked at them, but honestly, never really liked the look of their models.   if I'm spending that much on a putter, I'm getting a Scotty Cameron Newport 2, because at least the shape suits me..   but, it seems, I may have to rethink that.  

https://mygolfspy.com/2018-evnroll-putters/

get a look at that ER1.1  

Have you been fitted for that Scotty? If you're going to spend a considerable amount of money on any kind of putter, get fit. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

9 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Have you been fitted for that Scotty? If you're going to spend a considerable amount of money on any kind of putter, get fit. 

definitely getting fitted when the time comes.  I would love for the next putter I buy to be the last putter I buy..   Jordan Speith - style.  

check out my swing here

4 hours ago, lastings said:

definitely getting fitted when the time comes.  I would love for the next putter I buy to be the last putter I buy..   Jordan Speith - style.  

You should check out Edel's Classic Fit putters.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
5 hours ago, lastings said:

Then go Edel.

I've known several people who have given up on their Evnrolls. It's just a flat (usually) piece of metal on a stick. There's no real "engineering" that can go into it. And most people still can't aim their putters very well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm trying to wrap my head around this:Guering-Rife-EvnRoll-1.jpg

Is this for real? I have a hard time believing that grooves on a putter face can affect line that much because every manufacturer would be using some version of it.

Also, I'm not the greatest putter or anything, but even I don't miss the center of the putter face by +/-1". 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Is this for real? I have a hard time believing that grooves on a putter face can affect line that much because every manufacturer would be using some version of it.

Also, I'm not the greatest putter or anything, but even I don't miss the center of the putter face by +/-1". 

It obviously uses grooves that manipulate the fabric of four dimensional space creating gravity shifts for off center hits. :-P 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)
18 hours ago, iacas said:

Then go Edel.

I've known several people who have given up on their Evnrolls. It's just a flat (usually) piece of metal on a stick. There's no real "engineering" that can go into it. And most people still can't aim their putters very well.

well..   Edel's are just as expensive.   when I get a new putter, I doubt i'm just gonna "go edel", or another brand.   gotta hit them all, get fitted, compare, contrast, etc..  and see which one feels the best for me.  I guess the point of this post was just to point out that EVNROLL has some new models, one of which looks great.   

But, to your point, it is just a flat piece of metal on a stick.  but, I am an exponentially better putter when I am feeling confident in my stroke.  And if i can find a putter that gives me added confidence in my stroke (even if that confidence is just [for some reason i can't think of the word i'm looking for]), then it's worth it.  

1 hour ago, billchao said:

yeah, I don't know about this.   For some reason I feel like club weighting would have a better chance of producing those kind of results rather than grooves.   but, What do I know.  I'm no engineer.  

Edited by lastings

check out my swing here

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It obviously uses grooves that manipulate the fabric of four dimensional space creating gravity shifts for off center hits. :-P 

They should put that technology into my driver ;-)

7 minutes ago, lastings said:

Edel's are just as expensive.   when I get a new putter, I doubt i'm just gonna "go edel", or another brand.   gotta hit them all, get fitted, compare, contrast, etc..  and see which one feels the best for me.

That's all covered in the Edel fitting process. The fitter works with you to build you a putter that you can aim and control distance the best with.

I went in with a mallet. My Edel is going to be an Anser-style blade.

10 minutes ago, lastings said:

I guess the point of this post was just to point out that EVNROLL has some new models, one of which looks great.

To be fair, everyone makes an Anser-style head. It's a classic. Most of them look great.

12 minutes ago, lastings said:

But, to your point, it is just a flat piece of medal on a stick.  but, I am an exponentially better putter when I am feeling confident in my stroke.  And if i can find a putter that gives me added confidence in my stroke (even if that confidence is just [for some reason i can't think of the word i'm looking for]), then it's worth it.  

And that's why I recommended Edel, as well. After going through the fitting process, I'm 100% confident that I will have the best putter for my game.

13 minutes ago, lastings said:

yeah, I don't know about this.   For some reason I feel like club weighting would have a better chance of producing those kind of results rather than grooves.

Exactly. There are putters with grooves, inserts, flat faces, milled faces, etc., they all get the job done. If there was a significant advantage of one type of face over another, you can count on all the manufacturers using it. 

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

8 hours ago, billchao said:

Ping used to have the same grooves as evnroll and I believe there was a conflict.  They now have a different groove style but the concept is the same.

l play an Evnroll and I have never putted better.  Is it because of the putter?  No idea but I like mine.  I went from a Scotty Cameron to this.  

To touch on @billchaos post on edel....

I didn’t come out and say edel is the best for you because I have one and went through the fitting process. Some people can use a Scotty that’s fit for them and aim it fine. The edel fitting process is eye opening and I feel great knowing that I have one putter forever now. I’ll send it in to have it refinished and might change the shaft out for a black one because it looks cool, but I am a machine on the green with this club. I’ve never bought anything golf related that had a higher impact on my scores than this edel putter. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

My putting has improved leaps and bounds since getting fit with an EVNROLL putter.  Got the ER3.  Everyone is different.  All i know is that is works for me.  That said, if you cannot put the ball on the correct line, club face square, etc., just like anything else in the bag, does not matter what you get you are not going to get the results you want.

Evnroll is just another overpriced gimmick with a selling story. Lee Trevino could putt with a coke bottle. Go roll some putt and buy the one that does the best. Then PRACTICE. 

I hate them cause the don't make left handed putters.

Edited by Groundhog34

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 11:05 AM, boogielicious said:

Ping uses similar thinking in their putter faces.

Ping Putter video

• Administrator
On 12/19/2017 at 5:57 PM, Groundhog34 said:

Evnroll is just another overpriced gimmick with a selling story.

Yup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!