IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 532   I got out for a couple of hours before the rains chased me inside.   Worked on my pivot, pelvic rotation to start and through the downswing, and staying in posture.   Doing these same drills day after day gets boring both for me, and I am sure for those that read these posts.   Maybe someday I will get it!!!   While there are lots of ways to lower scores, one is improved ball striking so I can hit more greens in regulation or NGIRs...so I continue to work on my Achilles Heal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 205, May 5

Worked on my PP again with just my 7 iron. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 298:

Went back to the range to solidify the 6i and 7i.

A bit inconsistent in the results.

Both had a few fat shots as I was putting up. my head a bit.  Could not deny the tape!

So, walked around and went back to try it gain. 7i improved one heck of a lot.

6i had no more fat shots, but loft only returned well for about 65% of the second round.  The not so great ones only got to just above my head. Aim and distance were fine.  The distance today on those shots was just under my normal shot. I was getting lots of roll.  I got home and took the hitting mat out with a cotton golf ball just to concentrate on stance and point of contact.  

Tomorrow's round should be interesting. I usually play this course without my 6i as my 5h covers those needs well.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 457 - May 5, 2019 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2580853

image.png

A little practice round with my kiddo for her tournament in a few weeks.

2580853_pVFl5Ypp.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 17: Mirror work on my full swing today. Checking address and making sure the club isn't inside my hands at A1.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4.  A small bucket of balls (outdoor range, off of mats), with speed sticks in the middle.  Brought the radar but forgot to use it.  Oops.  Still, want to aim for doing it 3x/week for 6 weeks finally, and then progressing.  Also spent 15 minutes putting (4', 8', 12', but not the drill).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5/5/19:

Day twelve:

Played 18 holes today. Shot 74. Which is still under my current index. Missed a few shorter putts, only hit 10 greens, but was solid on the 8 that I missed. 1 birdie, 14 pars, and 3 bogeys. Lipped out for eagle at 9. But other than that I didn't make a putt outside of 5' all day.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 488

Did what I call "open practice" this morning. This is where I get a small bucket of range balls, and hit the various shots I have in my bag. I do this with as little conscious focus as I can get away with. Kind of like being on auto pilot, where my subconscious does all the mental stuff. 

I do use various flag pins/distances as targets. 

My goal is to land the ball as near as possible to my chosen target. 

Pretty much all I do between shots is pick a flag, grab the appropriate club, and hit the ball at that flag. Yeah, I know it's not very modern, but it is pretty much what happens when I'm playing for a score. 

Mondays are the start of my playing week. I usually get 2-3 rounds in by Friday. Sometimes more. I plan to play 18 holes later today.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 206, May 6

Worked on my PP with a few drills with driver, 7 iron, 4 iron and PW using Mirror Vision App. Focused on low hands. Added lift the left heel more at A4 keeping centered hip turn. 

Finished with pitching and chipping in the yard.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 5.  Snuck off to the range on my lunch break.  Small bucket, usual focus;  did some putting too, but the green was small and crowded.  Not a real short game area at this course, either (there's one, but it doesn't lend it self to many people using it).  Practiced my half wedges on the range -- I should figure out where I can practice them on real greens.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

DAY 533   It was a two part day.   I was up early since it was supposed to rain!!  However, it didn't so I was at the course from 9:30 until 1 pm. working on my game.  Spent the majority of the time on the practice tee still working to rotate versus sway, and improve my downswing.   Drills, . and then hit a bunch of drivers, since I have a driver fitting tomorrow, I wanted to see how I was hitting it.

Then off to the putting green working on drills focused on putts of 3-5 feet.  The better I get at these, the lower the likelihood of three putting.... and also increases the chance I am able to get up and down for par.

Went home for a late lunch, and then back at the course to play some golf.  I played 13 holes, before I ran into a traffic jam.  I was not in the mood to play SLOW... so I headed back to the putting green to work on distance control, and improving my confidence in making 20 foot putts.  I am playing in a scramble in three days, and putts from 20 feet in will probably happen a lot.  Good day of practice... and to top it off I sold one copy of my book, "Make More Putts!"

Day 299:

Started with some good shots both off the tee and turf in preparations for my next round (also today).  Felt good, had great distance, more than acceptable loft. I read the practice green well.

So, while I did not expect another "no 6s" round, as this course was one I had not played before, I was only OK with the results. 6200 yards, but a lot of hazards came into play, in part because of a much narrower round of fairways.

53 going out, 51 coming in, 9 penalties, including 3 "hitting 3" off of the tee.  All of them were the result of hitting longer than expected. 3 were rolls into water and one was hit a rock and watch in go out of bounds.  I also had four greens I over hit.  Wedges looked good, but came out a bit hot and rolled off the greens.  My 3h also had a close to 180 shot when I normally hit 155.

Yes, I did indeed eat Wheatees this AM, but I doubt that was the cause of rarely seen over hitting.  Perhaps, the lack of predictable distance, in the two practices before today, somehow forced me to really concentrate on the swing basics so much that I got better results.  No real wind to speak of.

Ended up with many shots in that dreaded 50-60 yards to the green. 56º, which is my often used choice for this in the past, ended up too strong.  Moved to various lofts with my 60º as the round went on.

I need to go back and re-read LSW on planning to get back on track and I need to go to top tracker to see if all the work I have been doing to be set for every club now means that I need to re-plan my clubs' expected average result.

On the plus side, the weather stayed cooler than expected, and, I used only 29 putts.

All in all, fun remained on my side.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 458 - May 6, 2019 - Played 18 holes today, all with Mark and the front nine with @NatalieB. Played well. Hit a number of great towering iron shots. Lost interest by the end because it was a dreadfully slow 18 holes… waiting on every tee and in every fairway. Ended up taking four hours. 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18: Putting work today. Did the yardstick drill for bead. Also checked my set up and made sure that I have my eyes over the ball and that my putter is flat on the ground.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5/7/19:

Day Thirteen:

Yeah I missed yesterday. But yesterday I just rested anyway.

I worked on my weight shift in front of a mirror this morning.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 489.

Hit various shots/clubs up to 100 +/- yards this morning. 

These were basically warm up shots for an 8:30 tee time with a couple of old friends. Focuses/goals will be on gamesmanship, and just having a good time. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 534   Spent 10 minutes practicing and then headed over to get fit for a driver.  However, I first wanted to confirm the results of an iron fitting we did a week ago or so.  And sure enough the Ping G410 irons performed a LOT better than my Titleist 714 AP1s.  The head shaft combination improved my distance by 1 1/2 clubs.. and then I added some more distance by choosing the Power Spec Lofts.  So I ordered them.

Then we hit my Callawy EPIC against the Callawy EPIC Flash, Mizuno ST 190, and Ping G410 drivers, and we tried out several shafts.   Happy or Sad to say, nothing performed significantly better than my present driver!! However, I did pick up 5-6 yards with a different shaft in my present driver.. so I will just re-shaft my existing club and save hundreds of dollars.

Now time in my home office working on improving the initiation of my downswing, since I tend to get stuck on my back leg, which results in the club coming way inside on the downswing (11-13 degrees)....resulting in my miss being a PUSH!!

Day 207, May 7

Played 18. Shot an 85. Had some short game issues I need to work on. Basically chipping and pitching of crappy lies.

Scott

My Swing Thread