IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 52 - March 26, 2018 - Putted down the hotel hallway for 15 minutes. Until the third dirty look (we weren't doing anything wrong… and the dirty look came from a mom whose kids were running up and down the hallway in dripping wet bathing suits while screaming their heads off).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3/27/18:

Day 361:

Did my P4 to P5 drill again today for about 10 minutes. I'm probably going to incorporate this into my pre-shot routine somewhere because it definitely seems to have me in the right position at P5.

Four days till 1 consecutive year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

3 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

3/27/18:

Day 361:

Did my P4 to P5 drill again today for about 10 minutes. I'm probably going to incorporate this into my pre-shot routine somewhere because it definitely seems to have me in the right position at P5.

Four days till 1 consecutive year.

4 days! Don't mess it up! :-P Your are an inspirations, especially due to where you live.

Day 2 - Mirror work and yoga. Hope to hit balls later if the weather cooperates.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 86, I think. 

Today was some unique putting practice.............With the Grand Daughters..........at a local miniture golf place.

Focus was on family fun. 

I owned the Windmill Hole. :-D

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 41 - hit again into the net this afternoon working on pitch motion using the 4ball pitch challenge as a  technique check

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 53, 3/27/2018 - Played 18 holes with @NatalieB today.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Very little motivation today. 

Accomplished some core exercises this morning for the backswing/downswing motion

but that’s about it

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

DAY 127    Practiced for a little over an hour on the range at TPC Prestancia working on downswing sequence and staying in posture.   Then played 18 holes on their Stadium Course.   The winds ranged from 17-24 mph throughout the whole round... and got to me.  Shot 82 with 11 GIR and when not on the green usually in a sand trap!!

Day 42 - played 9 holes; shot 43 with 3 three-putts. I HATE LAG putting :mad:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/28/18:

Day 362:

I did a couple different things.

1) I continued my A4 to A5 drill, getting the feeling that my right elbow is tucked against my body. Continuing this feeling, completely eliminates over-the-top, no more slicing for me, ever.

2) Alina and I putted like we were playing "The Masters". We watched the 1986 Masters. She does Verne Lundquist's call on Jack's birdie on 17, so well. Times it so perfect. At any rate, we putted in the 3-15 foot range. I was working on bead and speed and Alina was just putting. But she makes so many 3-6 footers, I need to borrow her for 4-person scrambles.

Three days @boogielicious, No plans to fall off the wagon before Saturday or any time soon for that matter. It is hard to find ways to practice in the winter here in Upstate New York. But there are drills, motions, and swings you can work on all winter long.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 87. Good weather, finally. In the 80s next week. 

Spent time on the range working with my 100, and 150 yards clubs. This idea came from a caddy I recently had on some previous rounds. I already know what clubs to use for those distances when using my normal game balls. 

Focus was on good ball contact, and hitting my landing areas. Also using a nice easy swing. 

On another note, since I was using range balls, I had no faith in distances. $5 buys 80+/- balls. I warm up with the more ratty looking balls, saving the better looking, less used balls for actual practice. The distances are not there, but better, truer ball flights are easier to obtain with the better looking balls. 

I just use an intermediate target to fly the ball over, or at least close. Today I used the 50 yard flag for that target. Also I used two other flags farther down range to define two sides of s fairway. As long as the ball landed in between those two flags I was a happy camper. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 3 - 45 minutes working on turn from the top and pitch elbow feel..

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 54 - March 28, 2018 - Two rounds of mini golf. Shot 41 and then 39… both were par 72. :-)

DAY 128    Spent 30 minutes on the putting green working on set-up and making 3 foot putts.   Then 30 minutes on the range before playing a round of golf at Stone Creek Golf Club in Ocala, FL.   Hit 12 GIR and shot 76.  Hit my longest drive ever recorded on my GameGolf app with a 277 drive on 5th hole.  YEAH!!

Worked on swing tempo and hip turn for about a half hour today

used my zepp device as an aide in checking progress

heres my averages for the session

1B9549A6-B13E-4B0C-A2E8-1666DFD59257.png

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Day 43 - Kettle bell swings for balanced weight shift forward w/focus on centered turn & steady head

-Jonny

Hey All, I’m still doing the Swing practice daily and practicing at the range with a weekly game, but I’ll probably not be posting so much here for a while.

198 pounds!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3/29/18:

Day 363:

I wonder if there is a prop bet on whether I make it to Saturday or not.

Continued my work with the A4 to A5 drill and actually was able to hit about six 6-iron shots after work for 5 minutes or so on this drill. Nothing but 2-yard draws going 175 yards, with a three-quarter swing. I guess this stuff Craig's been teaching me works... 

Maybe when the weather is a little more consistently warm. I'll either have Becky or Alina film my swing... (You'd be surprised how good Alina is at doing video and photos and she's only 4, she has an eye for that kind of stuff).

Two days... Will the guy from Upstate New York get to one year... Find out tomorrow and Saturday.

Edited by onthehunt526
grammar

What's in Shane's Bag?