IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 58: 2/21/2022

Today was a GREAT day of practice.

First thing this morning I worked on putting Bead work. To be honest, it wasn't great. I had trouble getting through the 2" gate from 25 inches away without nicking the sides. 

Then mid morning, I did about 20-25 minutes of swing work in the garage. 10 minutes or so on each of my priority pieces. The footwork thing, the turn thing. Felt pretty good.

Then this afternoon, while the kids were out riding bikes. I used SkyTrak in my garage and worked my way through the bag, hitting 5 balls with each club. 2 footwork priority pieces and then 2 turn pieces. Then 1 ball, with no thinking aloud. Just aim it and hit it. That went well.

So, I took a SkyTrak skill test. 3 balls to 10 greens. First green is at 85 yards, next at 100 yards, then 115 yards, then 130, 145, 160, 175, 200, 215 and finally 230 yards. I didn't miss for the first 3 greens. Then the 130 yard green was kind of between clubs. Hard PW or smooth 9, I went with tugged PW, not pretty. The rest went well. I hit the green with all 3 balls again at 200 yards. Overall, I hit 22 of the 30 greens. (73%). My dynamic handicap according to SkyTrak was 5.9. Which I was totally stoked about. That's my best score to date. My previous best was 10.1. 

Funny thing, my dynamic handicap for 130 yards was 19.1, for 200 it was +0.7. That's crazy. 

Anyway, great practice today. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 74 (21 Feb 22) - played 18 today.  Pace was easy so I was able to get some good work flighting the irons.  Consistent distances and seeing better accuracy into the greens. The drills of late are paying off. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 113, February 21, 2022

Hit some shots after teaching some morning lessons. Worked on the same stuff I've been doing. Hand path and turning.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 37:

Hit some chippy 6-irons using a pressure board to work on flow/recentering a bit. Then went inside and worked mostly on backswing with LVP camera digital mirror. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 48: Mirror work again. Working on set up still. Knees bent, hips over heels. Looking decent and feeling more normal. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4: 6I with the Medicus Vision Track - mainly swing path and ball position work.  Then some putting practice.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 122 - So-so indoor practice session today.

Started with slow motion flighted wedge swings with a 9-iron (since inside, no ball), paying attention to setup and ball position. Had to really pay attention to downswing sequence to make sure that I didn't start it with my hands.

Moved on to hitting some chips using the putting method with my 9-iron and an Almostgolf ball and was pleased with the results.

Finally did some putting practice. Started with right hand only then the ladder drill, which didn't go well from 5' and 6'. Need to get back to basics here and so tomorrow's session will include re-reviewing David Edel's video on the claw grip and focusing on bead work

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 494: work a bit on transition feel with wrists and did some punch shots in the basement. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 114, February 22, 2022

Barely had time to squeeze this in. Just did some mirror backswing work and into the downswing. Felt like I exaggerated it plenty.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 59: 2/22/2022

Got some work in early this morning. Mostly did my footwork drill while hitting balls in the garage. I had hoped to do more, but real life sometimes interferes. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 75 (22 Feb 22) - Worked on 50yd punch shots w/8i today - focus was on getting good arm extension thru the swing. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 49: More mirror work. Checking that my set up is still looking better and doing a little bit of backswing work. Need to make sure my knees are bent, but set up looks good otherwise. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 38:

Surprise rain this evening so stuck indoors doing rehearsals and a bit of putting. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 495: Range work today. Worked on my new pieces and evaluated ball flight. A combination on a bit of palmar flexion at transition, swinging down and knuckles down at A6 feel produce some good ball flight. Worked really well for wedges and irons, but seemed harder to do with the driver. I added a little pause (or feeling like I paused) at the top of the driver and that seemed to help stabilize things.

I wasn’t able to film as the ground around the mats was muddy and had lots of goose poop!😝 This was just one session though. I need to gather MEVO Plus data.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 123 - Did outdoor practice today. Since ranges in RI don't usually open until April, I am limited to what I can do in the yard. 

Practiced pitching with my 58* wedge (real balls, Day 7 stuff) then flighted wedge shots with my 54* SW (Almostgolf balls). Spent about a half an hour.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear