IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 127 - Practiced short pitching motion shots with my Orange Whip wedge, per Bryan Pate's video on reducing force along the grip. Worked on allowing the clubhead to fall to create speed.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 119, February 27, 2022

I'll have more to say about this (eventually) in my Member Swing topic, but I spent about 65 swings and 2 or so hours on GEARS today seeing what I had to work on and then starting to work on it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 63: 2/27/2022

Kind of a mirror day. I started with using the putting mirror during my normal putting drills. It was interesting to see how far outside the lines I set my eyes in my normal set up. So, I worked on that during the gate drills that I normally do. So basically add putting mirror to day 15 of the Covid-19 challenge. 

Then I did mirror work on my swing. Worked on my priority piece so the step thing and then the rotation thing I've been working on. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 80 (27 Feb 22) - Misty rain day, so did mirror work focused on “feeling” my weight on the lead foot when working thru impact.  It has been a journey to trust my partial foot can handle the weight pressure.   Pardon the pun, but I am making small steps….

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 9: Away on business this week, but I bought a putting mat, and took my putter with me! So, did about 15 mins putting from about 8 feet.

Edited by Dornenglanz
Clarify timing!

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 500: Worked a bit on backswing again with the same takeaway to A2, but more up from there using my body to do the turn and less arms. Did this indoor.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 54: Putted while on a few conference calls. Working on my set up - hands a little higher and a bit more closer to the ball - and backswing - going more straight back. Things are feeling a bit better and the results are coming together.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 128 - Busy day today so only spent a few minutes on pitching motion shots, starting with my Orange Whip wedge then trying to get the same feeling with my 58*.  Tomorrow I have another Trackman session scheduled.

Edited by Bob M
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 81 (28 Feb 22) - Jumped back on Birdie Ball / Swing Saucer drill today.  This time with the PW and a little more distance (about 30').  A fun drill even when you don't land 'em in the saucer.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 64: 2/28/2022

Good day of practice today. I did the ladder drill at my usual 6', 12' 24' four at each distance with each club. I only used the 54 and the 60 today. Next time I have to remember to grab the gap wedge. 

Later I worked on my 2 drills for my priority piece in the garage. I decided to use the PW, 8-iron, 6 iron and hybrid. I don't want to only practice with the 6 iron. I know that what I'm working on doesn't really need to have me using any particular club, but never-the-less it seems wise to bring in some other clubs. 

Then just now I was out in the garage taking a Sky-Trak skills test. I did well. My cumulated handicap was single digit. The funny part was I missed the green badly with all three balls from 100 yards and hit the green with all three (one of them went in) from 200 yards. So in this instance my 100 yard handicap was 19.5 my 200 yard handicap was +1.7. ... Golf 🤷‍♂️

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 120, February 28, 2022

Started working on this stuff:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 44:

Did practice with no balls today, using driver. Focus was on backswing and recentering. I've noticed when I execute the recentering/flow well, I drive the ball really well, and don't hit push fades - ball is usually a straight draw or a touch of a pull fade. I rehearsed backswing and the feel from near the top of falling back into my lead side, and then swung club through the impact zone with moderate speed.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 501: Range today under the heater. Started with focus on getting my hands high and in the right position at A4. Worked from 9 iron to driver. Moved onto some distance wedge work then finished with hitting 20-25 drivers trying to fade the ball each time. Driver face control has been frustrating this winter. Most of the fades looked like slight push fade. I lost several in the milky sky with snow on the ground.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 129 - Trackman session today. Went through all clubs except Driver, collecting data to develop shot zones per LSW. Hit about 20 shots each with my Heavenwood, 9-wood, 7-iron and PW (I had enough data on my Driver from a previous session) and 5-15 shots with all other clubs in the bag. Will spend time tomorrow drawing shot zones and determining my shot center. 

Edited by Bob M

Day 82 (01 Mar 22) - Worked on pitches with the 50 and 54 late this afternoon.   Distances varied from 10yds up to 25yds in the backyard.  Grandson was doing likewise, watched him chip it in from about 10yds out.  He was stoked to say the least.  A good way to get in some easy swings and enjoy time with him.  Now if I can just be as accurate on the course tomorrow.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star